Whatever happened to......

Shigeki Maruyama.....always smiling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He had game. Goofy dude but had game. I think that one year in the Open when he shot like 80 really blew it for him.
I remember when Watney did that, that really seemed to mess him up!

Michael Campbell. Wins the US Open in the middle of the Tiger Woods era, has two more top 10's in majors that year, then disappears.
WOW! There's a good one, what ever did happen to him?!?! What a fluke win!

Trevor Immelman - So much promise got his green jacket and checked out.
I was trying to think of some other major winners who fell off the map:

Shaun Micheel
Todd Hamilton
Michael Campbell

I guess they all didn't do a whole lot before the major, but to get to that height and then really not be heard from again, that's quite a drop.

Hank Kuehne, one of the longest hitters on tour at one time. Had back issues but got the same treatments as Couples and was gonna try a comeback.

Wasn't Bobby Clampett supposed to be the next big thing when he turned pro in 1980 (he was low am in a couple of majors in '78 and '79 and All-American and Golfer of the Year in college). He won once on Tour.

Off the top of my head...

Ty Tryon - ?
Anthony Kim - Done, story well documented; too bad!
Casey Wittenburg - ?
Stuart Appleby - still playing but I don't think he has a full card.
Aaron Baddeley - same ^^^
TC Chen - Seriously? He's got to be in his mid 50's now.
Ricky Barnes - Played web.com last year, fully qualified now.
JJ Henry - Fully qualified now.
Casey Martin - Teaching
Trevor Immelman - also had to re-qualify on web.com
Sean O'Hair - Euro Tour
Tommy Gainey - still playing, not finishing well
Nick Watney - Still playing
Tim Herron - Did well a few weeks ago, could have won.
Tadd Fujikawa - ?
Michael Campbell - ?

Fun conversation...

Holy crap. Hank Kurhne

How about.....

Aaron freaking Oberholser. Doing crappy commercials for lousy wedges now on GC

Bud Cauley - One of my favorites and he is back now. Was out with injuries after surgery.

That hipster Ryan Moore

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

If we are talking about expectations from amateur/college to professional golf, Charles Warren.

jhonattan vegas. for awhile it was johnnie vegas this and johnnie vegas that. i think he went back to web.com, might have status again.

until he got on fire last week at riviera i would have said villegas. never really amounted to as much as the expectations.

goosen. i know his back is a mess, but for awhile he was mr us open.

geoff ogilvy. another guy who had a stretch where he played awesome golf. now it's like you never hear anything from him except when he not-too-covertly clued us into tiger's chipping woes.

hunter mahan. that might be a what-have-you-done-for-me-lately entry, but he was a "star" for awhile.

padraig harrington. i watched the feherty with him last night and was reminded that i like that guy. for a stretch a few years ago he was automatic.

golf is fickle.

yea him and dufner kind of fell off from a couple years ago.

Duffy is back!!! Keegan not so much although he did win the Bridgestone like 2 yrs ago right?

Bads played well a couple weeks ago but that's a good one...

He should have stuck with the Stack-n-tilt, lol!

Thought of a good one....major winner too. I'll wait to see if anyone thinks of him....

Dufner won two tournaments this year the career builder and that one with sneds in the fall.

yea until this year he was MIA. that divorce probably wrecked him for a while

Brian Gay???

I met him at the PGA Show one year, was there covering with THP and he was at the Sligo booth signing autographs. Great guy, but no idea where he's been lately. Injuries or something?

Sean O'Hair is -1 today at the Honda, currently tied for 10th...

Joe Durant

Back