Live Update Thread & Contest - UST February Shaft Spectacular

A little BBQ for the group.
c3a922190163e0fd233591979c4d085b.jpg

Ok, I am getting BBQ for lunch.....

Nate would enjoy it more if he could keep his eyes open.

Nate: Out of everything you have seen so far, what shaft do you think will best fit your game?

Shane: Two questions: Was the BBQ on point (from my seat it sure looked like it was)? What shaft profile are you looking at for your driver setup?

Edit: Driver setup is: Callaway GBB w/ a Project X HZRDUS Black 6.5 at 62grams

Great coverage throughout the morning. What a couple of great surprises in the XR head and full bag shaft fitting.

Nate: What was one thing during the driver fitting that surprised you most?

Shane: What was one thing during the iron fitting that surprised you most?

Enjoy the awesomeness fellas.

You can fit what I know about shafts in a thimble so that lowers my ability to ask questions, but I am gonna play along anyway.

Nate: What is the one thing your learned in your time time today with UST Mamiya that impresses you the most?

Shane: If they let you customize the paint job on a shaft what colors would you use?

Yeah, I know. My questions are kind of weak, but I am swampped at work and did the best I could. :banana:

Shanewu: What was the biggest surprise, or most interesting thing you learned about UST today?

Nate: What was your favorite part of the tour?

I'm also curious, for both of you, if there is anything in particular you're hoping to get out of the full bag shaft fitting.

Thanks guys! It looks like you're having quite the THP experience.

Nate - in your driver fitting what are you looking to gain, more distance or better dispersion compared to your current setup?

Shane - what is the one thing you learned today that was either a misconceived notion by your or other golfers?

Nate: have you every been fit for a wedge shaft? What are your thoughts on it now that you are going through it?

Shane: what is the biggest misconception you had coming into this that you realize now that you've been through this?

Nate: Are you looking forward to putting the Recoil shafts in your irons? What are you hoping for or expecting out of them?
Shane: same question & are you considering putting a shaft in your putter as well?

Have fun guys! Looks like blast.

Nate: For a lower handicap player, are you looking more for best trajectory, distance, accuracy or a combo of two?

Shane: What parameters are important when it comes to you shaft fitting experience? Meaning, what exactly are you looking for, for yourself? length, flex and weight only, or more?

Nate: What's the longest shaft you've gamed in your driver?

Shane: Without looking, do you know the name/manufacturer/flex of your current putter shaft?

My current driver set up is Ping G30 SF Tech, Ping Tour 65 shaft, stiff, 61g

Any thoughts from the participants? You guys being quiet protecting some secrets or something?

Freaking pumped to hear from the guys how its going. SO much awesome going on right now, and I know first hand the UST guys (and gals) know how to do it up!

Nate: what are you expecting to gain from your current shafts to your new fitted shafts?

shane: what colors combo's are you able to choose from for your shaft fitting.

Nate: What has the experience been like thus far...has it exceeded your expectations?

Shane: What have you learned that changed any golf paradigm you previously had?

Current Driver Setup: Callaway V Series 10.5 with Mitsubishi Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 60 grams Regular flex.

Questions:
Nate - Are you hoping to see any change in your ball flight with your new shafts?

Shane - Were you surprised by anything in the fitting process?

For the contest: My current driver is a Callaway X2 Hot with an Aldila ATX Tour Blue, regular flex and 55 grams.

Here are my questions.

Nate - What did you learn about shafts today that you absolutely did not have any idea was even important in choosing a shaft.

Shane - Are you convinced that putter shaft fitting is the way to go? And why?

I game a Great Big Bertha 13.5* with a Aldila Tour Blue 55 regular flex shaft. Posting my current driver and shaft again just to be sure.

Last edited:
Any thoughts from the participants? You guys being quiet protecting some secrets or something?

It's coming.....Danny wants our undivided attention. During the fitting coming up we will have time to post about things so far. Promise!!!

Nate: What surprised you most in your iron fitting, assuming you went from steel to graphite?

Shane: What was one thing you thought you had an understanding of walking into the event that you walked out saying, "wow, I just learned so much I thought I knew"

It's coming.....Danny wants our undivided attention. During the fitting coming up we will have time to post about things so far. Promise!!!

Awesome, looking forward to it!

Questions for the guys:
Nate: If you had to describe the problems with your current setup (or what you'd like to improve with a new shaft) what would it be?

Shane: What is the single biggest positive outcome form a shaft fitting are you looking for (consistency, direction, distance etc?)

W/S D200 w/kuro kage black HBP 50 stiff

Last edited:
nate: what's more important to you? distance or dispersion?

shane: what's more important to you? launch angle or spin?

Boom! That makes perfect sense now. I can dig that.

Back