Callaway XR16 Driver Review Thread

I can't bring myself to dump the GBB yet but after today's round with Xr16 3w, I think GBb's time may be up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Numbers don't lie. I got the Pro with the Red Tie. Super combo for me.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Just got mine in the mail. Had to order with Rogue silver x stiff... I'm in love! I experienced a better trajectory as well as some have stated earlier and the forgiveness is unreal. Not to punishing on misfits and you can truly feel the sweet spot! Love this thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im convinced that I may move to this driver head.
I love my GBB and hit it further than I have hit any driver EVER. But on the monitor, I was getting 2-3 more yards, higher ball flight, similar spin and the sound is intoxicating.

This is HUGE!!!!....

I love my GBB and hit it further than I have hit any driver EVER. But on the monitor, I was getting 2-3 more yards, higher ball flight, similar spin and the sound is intoxicating.

Not surprising. The increase in launch that I saw with this one made it an easy one to like.

Your not helping or maybe you are.

Nate those are some Big Time shots.

I gave the new XR Pro a try. The combination of light shaft + head does not work out for me. I prefer a heavier shaft and head as I can feel the position of the clubhead during my swing.

My avg SS with my 913 D2 is around 108-112mph and with the XR, It goes up to 115mph. However, it seems like the accuracy with the XR is very sporadic compare to my heavier Titleist. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think the club suit swing speeds over 105mph very well...

Very beautiful club that just does not work for me.

I gave the new XR Pro a try. The combination of light shaft + head does not work out for me. I prefer a heavier shaft and head as I can feel the position of the clubhead during my swing.

My avg SS with my 913 D2 is around 108-112mph and with the XR, It goes up to 115mph. However, it seems like the accuracy with the XR is very sporadic compare to my heavier Titleist. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think the club suit swing speeds over 105mph very well...

Very beautiful club that just does not work for me.

I think it's less about ss over 105 and more about comfort and fit and for you it doesn't sound like either is what your looking for. Hey at least you gave it a shot.

I hit the XR16 driver on the Flightscope on the range at the THP Kentwool Kickoff Classic last weekend. I really liked it. I picked-up ball speed, about 6mph worth over my XR driver head. I wish I'd taken the time to change shafts to get a real apples to apples comparison. Will do that next time. I did like the feel and I am intrigued!

Oh wow. I have NEVEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRR seen you hit a driver like you do the GBB.

But, more height and yards without sacrificing spin? Man, I think you almost HAVE to.

Oh wow. I have NEVEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRR seen you hit a driver like you do the GBB.

But, more height and yards without sacrificing spin? Man, I think you almost HAVE to.

Im going to take it out for a round this week with my shaft in it and see how it goes.

I am becoming convinced that I need to hit the XR. Been really happy with my 815, but more yardage and forgiveness is very enticing.

Im going to take it out for a round this week with my shaft in it and see how it goes.

Interested in hearing how this goes.

I must hit this in my specs. That sound is rediculous and it gave really solid numbers.

Have 2 rounds w the xr16 w speeder 661 (custom) shaft and love it!! Have been playing the 915D2 for a while and although the 915 was always very solid and consistent the xr16 is all
of the same plus 10+ yards and hotter and less spin trajectory. The sound and feel are much better too! Love it!!

So this will make its debut for me tomorrow for testing.
Going with the Project X HandCrafted in there.

So this will make its debut for me tomorrow for testing.
Going with the Project X HandCrafted in there.

I know it might be somewhere in this thread, and I can't remember from being out at ECPC. Is the face a little taller on the XR 16 vs the GBB?

I know it might be somewhere in this thread, and I can't remember from being out at ECPC. Is the face a little taller on the XR 16 vs the GBB?

Tell me if this pic helps

e4616fe1622f40621dc9e24b8565e7fc.jpg

looks like it, but not by a lot.

Really close in terms of depth.

just looks like the toe is slightly higher to me. I need to hit this thing again. Those swings at ECPC just stick right in my memory bank.

just looks like the toe is slightly higher to me. I need to hit this thing again. Those swings at ECPC just stick right in my memory bank.

I had been putting it off for serious testing for too long. I watched testers pick up yards. I watched my friend Tim (you know him) buy his first Callaway driver in 6 years after testing it on FlightScope against every other driver out in 2016 and so I did some testing. I really ended up liking it way more than I thought. So tomorrow it goes into play at a really tight course and I am looking forward to seeing what comes out of it.

I had been putting it off for serious testing for too long. I watched testers pick up yards. I watched my friend Tim (you know him) buy his first Callaway driver in 6 years after testing it on FlightScope against every other driver out in 2016 and so I did some testing. I really ended up liking it way more than I thought. So tomorrow it goes into play at a really tight course and I am looking forward to seeing what comes out of it.

good luck with it, looking forward to the feedback.

Guys are getting fit right now at UST for this head and Nate is literally murdering the ball with it. 301 and 304 for the last two balls with the new UST shaft during his fitting.

The Saturday round with it was ridiculous. I also agree with many of the other posts here that say it's just so easy to hit. Easy to hit = straighter = longer = more fun! This beast is going nowhere but in play on a golf course. So much fun to hit.

The Saturday round with it was ridiculous. I also agree with many of the other posts here that say it's just so easy to hit. Easy to hit = straighter = longer = more fun! This beast is going nowhere but in play on a golf course. So much fun to hit.

Nate, what was the final loft you ended up getting fit into? 10.5 or slightly higher?

Nate, what was the final loft you ended up getting fit into? 10.5 or slightly higher?

10.5 with a slight open face lie I believe is what we finally went with. He changed it for a few swings on the range Saturday but then changed it back and said he liked it slightly open for me.

Back