Skytrak golf site now up, $$$ ?????

Yeah... But it is gonna be fun..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I am just a tad jealous is all. I need a skytrak first then fix the choppy computer, I do have the game though, love building courses more than playing.

So you people should keep an open mind to a new game which will be a strong competitor to TGC, that is Perfect Golf. It is from Perfect Parallel, whose virtual golf courses and flybys have been used on Broadcast TV by Sky TV Europe and ESPN for their Masters coverage as well as being used on the PGA Tour website for the Tour Championship at East Lake.

You can get early access to try out the game via mouse through Steam. GC2 is already supported and SkyTrak is in the final legs of beta testing.

There is a much smaller base of courses right now, but they are working out the legal details to bring their broadcast-quality (their words) courses into the game. That does include Augusta from what I can tell.

Between PG and TGC, the landscape is looking much brighter for home-based sim golf!

And it's official!

TGC is released for SkyTrak!

http://www.skytrakgolf.com/simulation/golf-club

Yup, that's a big deal for them! $479 for a one year rental of TGC. $1000 to buy sim-ready TGC outright. But unfortunately after you buy from Skygolf, you still have to get Pro Tee United to unlock your unit for it, and they are based in Denmark. So unless they are planning on not sleeping tonight, anyone buying TGC from Skygolf tonight is unlikely to be able to play it until tomorrow.

Perfect golf is a couple of weeks away. It will be $250/year to subscribe via the "Sim Pass" add-on. Because PG is not a separate build for simulator play like TGC is, I am not sure if they can figure out a one-time sim pass price for it or not.

For both of these, to use Skytrak with it you will have to pay $100/year for the GIP.

Last edited:
Yup, that's a big deal for them! $479 for a one year rental of TGC. $1000 to buy sim-ready TGC outright. But unfortunately after you buy from Skygolf, you still have to get Pro Tee United to unlock your unit for it, and they are based in Denmark. So unless they are planning on not sleeping tonight, anyone buying TGC from Skygolf tonight is unlikely to be able to play it until tomorrow.

Perfect golf is a couple of weeks away. It will be $250/year to subscribe via the "Sim Pass" add-on. Because PG is not a separate build for simulator play like TGC is, I am not sure if they can figure out a one-time sim pass price for it or not.

For both of these, to use Skytrak with it you will have to pay $100/year for the GIP.

You know what's crazy about those costs? I can get a year membership at the crappy 18 hole course just south of town for about the same cost of one year access to TGC.

You know what's crazy about those costs? I can get a year membership at the crappy 18 hole course just south of town for about the same cost of one year access to TGC.

I am 99% sure I am waiting for PG. I can swallow $350 a year for the ability to play all year long. Skip a week of grabbing breakfast out a month (which I need to do anyways) and it's paid for.

I've been using Skytrak since December, but bought this with a focus the practice range and challenges, rather than the Sim play. For my intended purposes of use, it has already proving its return on investment. I've only played 2 rounds since December, but have practiced on Skytrak from 100 yards and in almost exclusively. I've played 2 alternative shot tournaments, and have not yet had a shot from 100 yards and in land outside of 10 feet. Skytrak should be measured against what you intend to get out of it. As a Sim device, there seems to still be a ways to go to satisfy people looking for a certain level of play/performance. But, for those intending to use Skytrak to improve shots from 200 yards and in, excluding chipping, the it is quite a reliable product. Now I'm anxious for the iOS 2.2 release to come out so that we can begin using the target greens on the practice range. Should be interesting preparation for the season.

I bummed a laptop from work to install 2.2.2 .. Much better than previous app.. Greens are cool. No sync problems so far... Waiting for iOS app as well..

I bummed a laptop from work to install 2.2.2 .. Much better than previous app.. Greens are cool. No sync problems so far... Waiting for iOS app as well..

ios app is out. I just updated.

Hey hey... Good news.. Thanks

have you tried v2.2.2 on iOS yet? I find that the delay until you get the green light and laser comes back on is a lot longer now. I used to get the green light and laser would come on before the ball even stopped rolling.

have you tried v2.2.2 on iOS yet? I find that the delay until you get the green light and laser comes back on is a lot longer now. I used to get the green light and laser would come on before the ball even stopped rolling.

Oh I have tried it.. Seems about the same to me.. Lost 4 hours today.. Love the greens. This is update is a big step in the right direction for Skytrak.. Check to see if the app is syncing with Skygolf360.. That would probably slow things down.. The only thing I am questioning is spin.. I am getting 11000+ @ 80 yards.. I am catching the wedges like a boss but that is a ton of spin...
d0b36d99f0f9cb82d70f4e4d323203f7.jpg

I think the spin is the number it is the worst at. I think +/- 10% when calibrated perfectly.

I think the spin is the number it is the worst at. I think +/- 10% when calibrated perfectly.

So I have to live with 10000+ @ 80 yards??? Lol... This is the best golf $ I have ever spent... Wife probably doesn't think so.. At least she know where I'm at... BTW.. good luck to you on Monday.. #thpregionalrivalry
f280a5465f9bf031c2994e0ea596e43c.jpg

Could it be a lighting issue

Don't think so.. Everything seems spot on.. I have never had issues with chips, putts , flops... It all jives.. Looking forward to trying out TGC.. I was just curious if there was an algorithm change with the new app .. The firmware is the same so I don't think so..

100%!! Like a boss!

Oh I have tried it.. Seems about the same to me.. Lost 4 hours today.. Love the greens. This is update is a big step in the right direction for Skytrak.. Check to see if the app is syncing with Skygolf360.. That would probably slow things down.. The only thing I am questioning is spin.. I am getting 11000+ @ 80 yards.. I am catching the wedges like a boss but that is a ton of spin...

Don't think so.. Everything seems spot on.. I have never had issues with chips, putts , flops... It all jives.. Looking forward to trying out TGC.. I was just curious if there was an algorithm change with the new app .. The firmware is the same so I don't think so..

My chip in says it's spot on with short game :eek:k:

well, got one of these coming. trying to weigh out pros/cons of pairing it with an iPad vs a PC. any thoughts? TGC sim on PC requires some hefty specs while the iPad sim just runs on a regular ol' iPad. seems weird. not sure if i'll do a sim right away. probably just the range and challenges.

I do both... New SkyTrak app seems to run equally well on network mode on iPad/PC Direct mode is very convenient for outdoor use...iPad.. Golf sim is too new for me to chime in.. I am kind of waiting.. Getting in at a good time.. Many issues have been addressed.. Been using mine outside for wedge practice.. Great feedback...
fa80578cfc9dbf34aea89ea6ae4285e6.jpg
. Lines up nicely with FS Optimizer as well..let me know when u get it up and going

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skytrak golf site now up, $$$ ?????

Wyz...will let you know. Sorry, what is FS optimizer?

Flightscope Trajectory optimizer.. Google it.. Pretty interesting.

8bcd8b32e30b2ed88cf0a4da83c48430.jpg

Last edited:
Heads up....Version 2.3 is available in the App Store now.

97 mph CH speed with a wedge?! Nice!! Ha ha :)

EDIT: Watched Gregg's video and he stated that it's ball data only.. Make sense :)

Last edited:
Heads up....Version 2.3 is available in the App Store now.

Thanks for the heads up!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back