Whatever happened to......

David Gossett

Derek Ernst. Won in 2013 & that was his only top 10 finish in 84 starts on the PGA.

Patrick Cantlay? I hate to be that guy. But this is the reason to finish out college.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think his caddie was also killed 2 weeks ago which really will just **** with your head.

I think his caddie was also killed 2 weeks ago which really will just **** with your head.

Dang... Not much to say about that, other than you feel bad for the family. But Cantlay's career was derailed a couple seasons ago. I know he had hurt his back, but I thought he was struggling to stay on the Web.com tour.

I wonder what happened to Pinslayer...
Dude could stick a 240 yd par 3, and I hear he was LEGIT!

Sergio has slipped, but has shown well this week.

Has this been verified?

Dang... Not much to say about that, other than you feel bad for the family. But Cantlay's career was derailed a couple seasons ago. I know he had hurt his back, but I thought he was struggling to stay on the Web.com tour.

Yeah didn't mean it like that was the reason he is not doing well, just all around sad, the kid was in his early 20s I think. Hit and run when he was crossing the street I think.

Probably lurking in the weeds somewhere. Honestly, I don't remember him saying that but he did like to exaggerate...

Yeah didn't mean it like that was the reason he is not doing well, just all around sad, the kid was in his early 20s I think. Hit and run when he was crossing the street I think.

I know you didn't mean it like that. There just much I could say without coming off callused. Like I stated above, this is why I fully support just finishing college, if you are truly that good, you'll be on tour 2-3 years later.

While his name doesn't belong in here, as we all know where he's at, I'll throw Peter Uihlein out there. I'm pretty sure when he left college he didn't think he'd be a mid level Euro Tour player at this point in his career. He's tried many of times to make it over here and it just hasn't happened.

I'll throw Peter Uihlein out there.

Ha, just seen the leaderboard from the European Tour, Uihlien is tied for the lead at -11

I think learning how to win has a lot of merit. Win locally, win state events, win big amateur events and progress. Throw in college as well. Uihlein is leading I think right now in Australia. I think eventually it might help him. That is also the reason Michelle Wei's parents pretty much ruined her. She should have been dominating national junior events instead of trying to make the cut at PGA events.

Ha, just seen the leaderboard from the European Tour, Uihlien is tied for the lead at -11

Haha dang... Great for him. I always just thought he used the Euro Tour as his stepping stone to the PGA tour instead of the Web.com Tour. He got his buddy Brooks Kopkea to do the same thing, but it worked out a bit better for him.

Chris Riley? It's a Ryder Cup year.

Last edited:
Sean Michel, won a,pgs and then turned into a ghost

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Ok some of these may be not so good, but there is some gravity to most of them....

1. John Daly - He won 2 majors and has pretty much disappeared from the course, I mean we see him everywhere else but on the course he just died.
2. Charles Howell III
3. David Duval - The Golf Channel Now
4. Steve Stricker - Plays a limited schedule
5. Lee Westwood - Does Ok on the Euro Tour but just never seems to win and always is touted to wins a major

That's all I can think of right now

Uihlien is a total head case when things start going bad.

Some of the names thrown around in here definitely don't belong here.
I think referring to players that have won more than 10 tournaments is not a case of disappearing.
Michael Campbell won 8 Euro Tour events. He won the European Open, US open and HSBC World Matchplay. Hardly a flash in the pan.
Sergio, really?! Since 99 except for 2 years he's been in the world top 20.
John Daly and others in that post are old now.
Several of the guys referred to here are Euro Tour players who only come over for the occasional US tournament.
50% of the names on this list rightfully belong here - http://www.golfdigest.com/gallery/photos-unlikely-tour-winners

Agreed. Agreed

Luke Donald
Nick Watney
Aaron Oberholser

I'll go LPGA and say Natalie Gulbis

I'll go LPGA and say Natalie Gulbis

Natalie Guilbis has fallen down so far she is now doing the Jimmy Hanlin show instead or Carling Nolan. That's a good call

Last edited:
Where did Omega go?

Guan Tianlang.

Back