iNerd

Reaction score
Handicap
I've used this site a lot in the past to get some quick info on certain clubs or techniques and never signed up and couldn't think of why with as much as I was using it so here I am!

I am currently living in Jackson Michigan, 26 years old married with a 1 1/2 year old Daughter. this year I'm getting my wife a set of clubs so she can learn and play with me and I cant wait til my baby's old enough!

I've been golfing since I was 3 or 4 since my dad worked at a few golf courses in Florida when we lived down there and we used to get to golf for free 3 or 4 times a week. We moved to Michigan when I around 8 though as his friend got him a head maintenance job at a course up here where he'd do that during the warmer months and work in the indoor facilities during the winter but they ended up screwing him over and not holding up to that other part of the deal. (another story for another time)

Through all of that my father and I have always still had a very strong love of golf, I continued to play as much as I could, played in highschool where I learned a lot but also had my swing messed with so much that I'm still recovering from it in some ways. (always hit a draw but had a huge backswing like Daly with pretty "loud" lower body, now struggle to do anything but fade or slice).

I try to golf once or twice a week during the summer months but feel like death around this time of the year as I cant golf or ride my motorcycle and the indoor range close to my house closed down so the closest range or simulator to me is around a 40 minute drive east or west.

A little about my golf game, Power hitter (drives around 320-330 average) with a decent feel around and on the greens but not much accuracy which is where my main issues lie and causes my handicap to be around 8 or 10, Big slice sometimes but my best shots tend to barely fade. I'd love to go back to a draw but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get my swing plane back to where I know I need it. Never been fitted for clubs (but that's my next step as I'm 6'3") and only ever taken lessons when I was super young because my dad got them discounted working at the course (and I don't count my highschool instructor as I felt he made me way worse). I currently have a rocketballz stiff shaft 3 hybrid and 3 wood and just ordered a Bombtech Grenade 9* with xstiff shaft. steel shafted 1st gen TM Rocketballz irons at regular length out of the box 3-AW, 56* Penn off brand wedge, Ping Anser 36" putter with super stroke oversized grip.

I'm hoping to gain a lot more knowledge and maybe even help out others and I look forward to chatting with other likeminded folks like you all!

Sorry for the super huge post but if you have any questions or tips or anything you think I could benefit from feel free to let me know. :highfive:

Welcome aboard and to THP.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to Paradise.

Welcome to THP!!!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP!

Welcome!

Welcome to THP! We have quite a few Michigan guys here. We try to get-together a good amount and play a few rounds.

Welcome to THP! We have quite a few Michigan guys here. We try to get-together a good amount and play a few rounds.

That would be pretty cool. I golf all over the state so as long as its not too far away I'd be down.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!!

Welcome to THP!

Back