Live Update Thread - 2016 THP Kickoff Classic Sponsored By Kentwool

I let him down by not hitting it to 111yds. That's all on me!

Hahaha, fair enough! Needed around 310 on that drive instead of 270.

Great reads this morning. Good laughs as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First off let me thank JB, Morgan, 441, and our Kentwool sponsor for putting together this incredibly fun event, and props to 441 for the excellent choice of venue.

Friday -

I left at 0400 to catch my flight to ATL. I had coordinated with Girardcorp, Dhartmann, and #Cookie to carpool over to RTJ from the airport. Many thanks to Girardcorp for doing the legwork on the rental and playing chauffeur for the weekend. I arrived first in ATL and gathered up my baggage and awaited the arrival of the others. Girardcorp and Dhartmann arrived next and as we waited for their gear to get to the oversize claim we saw saw the 441 group arrive. We chatted a bit before they took off to RTJ and Gcorp and Dhart headed out to get the rental while I stayed behind to meet up with #Cookie. As I waited a familiar figure appeared striding past the baggage claim with a purposeful gait. The profile view looked familiar but it was the frames of the glasses that led me to believe that it was my captain headed off to the course. I had considered yelling "PANDA" out loudly but I suppressed the urge make a spectacle of myself and merely tweeted my suspicions. It wasn't until later that day that I had confirmed that it was, in fact, Cap'n Panda. Shortly after #Cookie made his appearance and we headed outsite to wait for GCorp to swing by and pick us up in the rental. And what a rental it was! Fully decked out Suburban with all leather seating, front and center captain's chairs, the whole nine yards. The beast provided plenty of room for our stuff and a comfortable ride to AL.

We arrived in Opelika with some lead time before our Tee Times so we stopped off to grab a bite at Chick-Fil-A. It was Gcorp's first experience and I didn't see him leave anything behind so I suspect he enjoyed it. Afterward we decided to hit a local supermarket for some provisions: water, snacks, etc. It was here that the previously discussed near-miss occurred. As it was Gcorp's first time piloting a vehicle with the mass of a Suburban he wasn't quite accustomed to the added distance that a 5500lb SUV plus the added weight of passengers and cargo, needs to slow and stop. We're approaching the turn into the lot a bit hot and as we are another car had pulled up to the entrance to turn out. Remember the boat guy from Caddyshack?:

caddyshack5.jpg

This is pretty much the same look the guy in the driver's seat of that car had as he wondered whether the Suburban barreling down on him would ever stop in time. Fortunately, there was no accident to report and we got in and out of W-D with our goods, including a pint of pre-round Blue Bell for myself. Gcorp, #Cookie, and myself met up with IceyShanks for our 12:30 on the Lake course. We had a nice, relaxed fourball match which Gcorp and #Cookie won (A harbinger for the rest of the weekend for me as it turned out). #Cookie put on a putting clinic and Gcorp got his sea legs with his freshly arrived set of Ping G irons, while Icey and I did our best to keep up. Once the round was over we headed back to the hotel for check-in and I met my roommate for the weekend, Mr. Johnny Mojo. Mojo, I had a blast rooming with you and look forward to seeing you at future events! I hope I didn't keep you awake at any point during the weekend. As I waited for the meet and greet wandering about the hotel I ran into Sox Fan who had a box of goodies for his fellow Marauder teammates, a very nice towel and ball marker combo that I had completely forgotten about, so I got an extra surprise (sort of). Thanks to Sox Fan for putting that all together. The Friday evening meet and greet finally came and it was an excellent time with plenty of laughs, plenty to eat, and the handout of excellent Kentwool swag. Afterward the group took over the patio outside and I enjoyed taking in all the back and forth.

Saturday rolled around pretty early for me as I found myself awake fairly early and rolled out of the room to find some coffee. I was not surprised to discover several others had beaten me to the punch so I hung out for a bit washing down any sleepiness with a few cups of coffee, and snapping/posting a pic of OITW, who looked as if he had combed his hair with a mixer. We piled into the Suburban and headed over to the range to get some swing time in. Range time with THPers, especially in a competitive format, reminds me of a pre-game locker room. There's some light moments as we start prep work, then things buckle down as gametime approaches. I got to hit a few shots on Flightscope also, a couple of which were actually pretty decent. Although #Cookie captured a vid of me with a near-miss for an idiot mark on the XR Pro. I immediately put that down and went back to where I belonged at the other end of the range.

Saturday's match had e1iterate and myself facing the tandem of Girardcorp and Willwhite. We quickly found ourselves 4 down and before that front nine had ended I began referring to Willwhite as "The Thrill" for several daggers of approach shots he stuck on us, one to about 8 feet from out of the woods. We made the turn and began the Pinehurst format. e1iterate and I picked up a hole on 10 due a mistake by our opponents as to who should have played the third shot. Not the ideal way to win a hole but at that point we took it. We didn't actually halve a hole until 12 or 13. We were able to grind our way back to get it down to 1 up going into 17. We didn't get off the tee very well and both WW and Gcorp found the fairway. e1iterate hit a total hero shot between the trees and into the grass bunker behind the hole. WW had his approach long behind the green in some of the pine waste under a tree. We felt good about our chances to get back to AS heading into the last hole until Gcorp hit and absolute beauty of a pitch to right beside the cup. That pretty much took the wind out of our sails and needing to get us up and close to have a chance to half I totally wasted it (sorry partner) and we fell 2&1. Once we all got in Captain Panda called us into the clubhouse to review the day and re-structure the teams for Sunday's matches. We discussed how we felt about different aspects of our games. Having gotten off the tee pretty well both Friday and Saturday I volunteered when Captain was looking for such a strength for Alt. Shot pairings. Captain hooked me up with jhoefer99 and I went out feeling good about the pairings for Sunday. After the post round strategy session Dhartmann, #Cookie and I are standing at the Suburban talking about the day. #Cookie and I shared a pint of Cinnamon bourbon I had on hand. At about halfway through we started wondering where Gcorp was with the keys. Near the bottom #Cookie fired off a colorful text. Turns out Gcorp had hit the range with a few others post-round and had posted about doing so, but none of us saw. Thread skim fail.

Saturday evening was almost a near facsimilie of Friday as we all gathered at the same locale and chowed down on some excellent menu choices. We went over matchups for the next day and lo and behold Jed and I would be squaring up against my old adversary, Gcorp and The Thrill. We ate well and had great banter around the table about the prior matches. Breaking bread with THPer's is always a pleasant experience. Many thanks to everyone who said Hello to my daughter on FaceTime during dinner! She was very excited to get to meet some of Daddy's "internet golf buddies", even if just over the ether. Saturday's patio gathering around the fire had an interesting twist, as THP had it's own version of the X Files' mysterious "cigarette smoking man". It warmed my heart to see how inclusive our THP group is as we welcomed the mystery CSM. Some of the guys got a burr under their saddle and hopped up to go get ice cream. It took no twisting of the arm to get me to come along and I even volunteered to bring back a pistachio for Sox Fan. I will admit to catching 40 winks during the drive over, but I was in no danger of being left behind as I am a light sleeper and heard quite clearly the giggles of my fellow THPers plotting to leave me behind. Unfortunately for Sox Fan he decided to retire before we got back with his pistachio ice cream. My apologies to you sir, but take heart in knowing that it didn't go to waste!

Sunday started just as early and I repeated the morning routine with coffee and pre round relaxation. The weather was a bit more gloomy and the range was a little more subdued than Saturday but we got our work in there and on the putting green also. After waiting for our turn on the tee we all went off. I elected to go with a 6 iron and hit a nice easy stroke to the left side of the fairway to a very good angle at the flag. What started off well went quickly amiss as my second shot was hit thin over the green and essentailly took me out of the hole with my third shot leaving me a quite long par save. Things didn't improve from there for either myself of jhoeffer99 and on the second hole my game from the tee that had served me well made clear that it was observing the Sabbath, as my drive on 2 found the water. On a high note it was here while looking for my ball I was able to retireve one of mmaynards Morgan Cup Bridgestone balls and return it to him afterward, one of the few high points of an otherwise unremarkable day.

We quickly found ourselves down a ton at the turn and held onto hope that the AS format would change our fortunes. We did manage to eek out a half on a couple holes, including the Par 3 eighth, which turned into a comedy of errors. jhoeffer99's tee ball got wet and he elected to stand by as the rest of us had gotten down close but not on. He watched the three of us absolutely butcher that hole with no score better than five. Realizing he could potentially get up and down to win the hole he ran back to grab a club and take his drop. He got up but couldn't get down for the win, but still got us the half. On 10 we deliberated over how to split tee box duty and I elected to take the even holes, since that would (theoretically, at this point) give me 5 tee balls, and that's what Capt. Freddie put me there for. It turned out to be a poor choice since my #10 tee shot was the only one that stayed in play, and it took a miracle punch out by Jed with a cliffside lie in the brush at that. I didn't play enough draw for my 8i approach shot and we were off the green left. Thinking back it's really amazing how quickly things can go awry with an amateur's swing. Usually my iron game is able to bail me, but alas it too was observing the Sabbath. It took everything we had, including some impromptu landscaping by me on 13 after bouncing my approach into the woods next to a downed tree, and Jed hacking it out from there to stretch the match out another hole. My slam hook (or power fade hard to tell at this point) into the trees on 14 sealed the deal. We shook hands and on the 15th tee box WW suggests a closest to the pin contest. Lo and behold the WTH 7i tee ball takes off like a rocket and lands pin high and 12 feet left. Figures. Never did get the dollar wager on it either! Kudos once again to Jeremy (GCorp, who by this point had to be sick of seeing my ugly mug in the other cart) and Andy (Willwhite - whose real name totally ruins his moniker of "The Thrill") on another well deserved win. Somehow, despite an awful day with a golf club in my hand and letting my partner down I still managed to have a pretty decent time.

After the awards to the winners and MVP, congrats brianmk24!, we loaded up back to the hotel to shower up and get out of dodge. Gcorp had some issues with his keys, and I had the issue of them cleaning my room even though I had late checkout. But we managed to get out and back to ATL in time to get #Cookie on his plane.

This was my second THP event and first with competition involved. I only regret not having enough time to get around to talk with everyone in the group more. If there's any negative to a THP event, it would be that they seem to end much too quickly. Thank you again to our Kentwool sponsor, 441 for coordinating and choice of venue, and to JB and Morgan for making all of this possible.

We were on the front end of an epic weekend one week ago. Man do I miss y'all.

While the event is a week behind us, it's for sure still fresh on my mind!

Hard to believe it has been a week already. This weekend just won't be the same.

Just think last Friday drinks were being had. Or wait we were driving around looking for drinks and Blasts!

Just think last Friday drinks were being had. Or wait we were driving around looking for drinks and Blasts!

Bet those dudes are still standing at the door of the ABC store.

Live Update Thread - 2016 THP Kickoff Classic Sponsored By Kentwool

First off I would like to thank JB, GG, 441, the staff at RTJ-Grand National and Kentwool our sponsor. The amount of planning and behind the scenes preparation for these is crazy and yet these three go above and beyond.

When I heard about this event I knew it was going to be a MUST for me. Well it turned out to be everything and more. Luckily I was able to be a part of it.

The team aspect was great for #THPKickoffClassic - Freddie and Ryan took the helm and did a fabulous job as Captain's. You both kept the teams and entire forum involved leading up and through the event. Hats off and I would do it again if I get the chance.

Once the teams were announced I found out I was going to be a part of the Merino Marauders captained by the one and only Tadashi. Was glad to see some familiar and not so familiar names on the list.

Freddie - It was great to finally get to play a round with you. You led us and provided the motivation for us to improve are games. This guy oozes CAPTAIN material. Looking forward to many more rounds in the FL!

Mike Dean - What can I say??? Many times we have been in opposing teams, but it was great to finally be on the same side. Good times!!!

Kyle - Finally was able to meet the social media king himself in person! Roommate, Partner, and all around guy!

Alec - The personality of this guy supersedes himself. Laid back and would just about give you the shirt off his back. Just make sure to wear sunglasses if partnered with or against him.

Derrick - Enjoyed that Sunday round! Quiet guy and was finally able to shoot the **** with ya!

Aaron - Fun times and my Shotgun partner. Need to tee it up soon.

John - Well this guy is the FaceTime and Periscope King. Finally was glad to meet you. Disappointed I didn't give the sticks a swing.

Mike - Sorry We didn't get to chat it up much. Solid smooth swing!!!

John S. - The contest man who will be inducted into that hall of fame soon. Glad to see you out there grinding and playing your game.

Jed - First time meeting this guy and got to watch him play some good golf on Sat. Looking forward to some rounds in the future.

Scott - Well what can I say other than "Go Right!!!" Thanks for hooking up the team with towels and ball markers. Great seeing you again buddy!

Wool Warriors - Congrats on a great weekend! You guys played some stellar golf!!!

Ryan - Glad we got to hang out! You Captained that team of yours well. Kept teams that played well together and in the end that proved to be the difference. Going to be fun down in FL, for sure!!!

Mike - What can I say about this guy, other than he can light up the room. I don't think I ever saw you without that Yeti! Hope next time it isn't almost two years before we run into each other.

Mojo - My Bridgestone brother!!!! It had been too long! Fun times brother and you know where to send the million dollar check!

Brian - Man dude you played some serious golf. Hopefully next time you won't be the only single guy at a THP event.

Phil I mean Paul - Pleasure meeting and playing against you in Rd 1. Pumped to watch you in the Gauntlet!

Jeff/John - Good to see you bomb some drives off the tee box! This guy just slips into the room and departs without you even knowing!

Barry - Fun times!!! My bald brother from a different mother! One day you need to show me how to rock the plaid pants.

Jeremy - Was a pleasure finally being able to meet you. Even if I didn't occur until midway through the round on Sat.

Shawn - glad to see you again and finally enjoy a round with you. Next time I'll find you for that early cup of joe!

Randy - What can I say! This guy from now on will be giving the pops instead of receiving them.

Courtney - First time meeting this guy and hope it isn't the last. Guy just has skills on the golf course and with the camera!

Will / Alan - not really sure what to call this guy. Quiet and we didn't get to talk much, however I heard this guy has some game.

More to come...

I'm a Maynard fan.

Finally getting around to writing up some thoughts on last weekend. This was such a fun trip. From the moment of announcement I knew I wanted to be in this event. The RTJ Trail has always been a favorite of mine and I've always said one of the trail stops would be perfect for a THP event, and boy was it. I'm not going to do a match by match rehash as I think both of my competitive rounds were covered very well. I played well on saturday and made some clutch putts. I was incredibly disappointed in my short game play on Sunday with several poor chips and 4 or 5 horrible putts (my putts on Holes #16 & #18 cost us the match). I drove the ball very well both days (thanks Don with Project X!). And my irons were a bit better than where they've been lately.

Really enjoyed the fire pit gang each night. Some great conversation about golf, equipment, beer, food, and life. Fun times! Mike Dean - every event hotel must have a Bar with fire pit from now on!

A few shoutouts:

Captains War and Tadashi - you guys are the best. Easy to see how much you care about THP in the way you interact not only on the forums but in person too. We as participants came out better with you two involved.

JB, GG, Mike Dean - fantastically organized event as always. Great price on a nice hotel (except for JB's first room), and two rounds on fabulous courses.

Just Hacking and T0AD - My Georgia brethren. Fun practice round on Friday on the short course and then dinner out. Saturday was just awesome playing with you guys in the first round. You both know I'd tee it up with you anytime, anywhere. Need to have you guys come up and play my home course at some point this year.

DHartmann - enjoyed meeting you. Your game wasn't in top form with the winter layoff and hand injury you're still recovering from. Easy to see you've got fantastic game. That sand shot on 17? was incredible.

OITW & Amsmith - Great big bro hug from Amsmith when we first saw each other. That's just a great feeling and shows the connections that can be made over the internet and attending 1 other event together (all of this in a very manly heterosexual way). OITW - First the beannie! Saved the day for me and I love this thing. Have worn it several times already since the weekend. Our match itself was fantastic. You two played so well. The back and forth was so tense and fun. Going in to 18 all square was very cool. The match came down to shortgame and you both had that working! The best THP match I've been a part of!

Johnny Mojo - FINALLY my Marine brother, we got to meet. Knew we'd be fast friends. I'm going to get my way up to Memphis at some point and we'll hit your course! We'll drink some Tito's too!

Icey - So great to meet you in person. Love your personalty and attitude dude. Now we are going to have to do another event together so we can get in a round!

Chump Fries - My PX brother. Good to catch up on what's been going on since August and also to relive so many great memories from San Diego!

Dawg Daddy - so glad to see you get in to this Team event and I knew you'd play well. Glad your health held up and you were able to make it. Always great seeing you and thanks for the umpteenth time for all your Deal of the Day updates.

Friday morning came way to early for me. I guess it was the excitement knowing that this was my first THP event (official) in a year in a half. In my opinion that was just way too long! The alarm clock went off, I downed my THP gear and left for the airport, hoping I didn't forget anything. At the airport the shuttle guy asked, going on a golf trip? Not that the golf bag and my smile gave it a way. Come to find out same shuttle driver asked the 441 if he was part of the 24 group going to Alabama. THP gets around I here. I arrived in ATL and headed to the rental car place to pick up the wheels for the weekend. Then it was off to wait for 441, OITW, Amsmith and War Eagle. We packed up the car and headed off to the trail. That 90 min car ride went by lightening quick due to the fun conversation that was had. Prior to heading to the course we stopped by Chick-fil-a, where we ran into some other THPer's. It's not often where you hear people yelling Cookie and the cashier saying we don't have cookies. We checked into the hotel and headed off to our afternoon round.

I had the pleasure of playing with War Eagle, 441 and Tadashi on the Lakes Course. We made our way to the tee box to find a group of THPers waiting. The wind was howling and that front nine on the Lakes Course ate our lunch. We sprinkled in some great shots and I think Ryan and I were only 3 or so over until we hit #7. Somehow I let him talk me into going for it, only to watch our balls be deposited in the lake. Was definitely a fun round.
Thoughts from the round:

* Soggy turf = huge divots
* XXIO is money, even can make 441 LONG
* Freddie rocked those Chukka's like Air Jordan's back in the day
* Can we play the red from Par 3's
* Just aim out over the lake and watch it hit the green.
* I fell in love with the HZRDUS Black, until Mike said man you haven't missed today

After the round we headed back to clean up for the meet & greet. Icey and myself headed down to the outdoor bar for some frosty beverages and waited for the outdoor party to begin. Old friends and new started to arrive which equated into some golf chatter. We headed inside to get our Kentwool swag and the announcements for Round 1. Appetizers were great and I was introduced to the Old Fashion. Definitely will be a new favorite.

After the meet and greet we piled into the Tahoe to go look for some adult beverages. Upon arriving at the ABC store we notice three dudes staring into the window, which meant they were closed. Midway through the drive Kyle pops up from way in the back and scared the beejubus out of Freddiez. Don't be hiding in the back like a troll. Lol! So what is the next best thing when you can't find liquor...ice cream! A few more beers were had then it was off to get some sleep for Round 1.

Some amazing recaps boys.... Can't believe it's been a whole week. Feels like yesterday

Heading to my first round post event. It's always tough. Miss you guys!

Heading to my first round post event. It's always tough. Miss you guys!

Play well Mike, miss you too buddy.

Great recaps by Matt & Barry, I wish we could all do it again next weekend!

#KickOffClassic Re-Cap

#KickOffClassic Re-Cap

Wow! It's been a week and the debilitating effects of PEDS is real. As soon as I got back home I ran into a buzz saw (No #Cookie wasn't in town) and finally have time to put my thoughts down.

Heartfelt thanks to JB, GG, Mr. 441(5), Kentwool and RTJ (Melissa was great to deal with on the pre-Rounds) and the Marriot staff. We all appreciate the behind the scenes work that goes into these and the value simply cannot be matched. Just THank You!

The Trail has always been a good time, no matter the stop, and when I heard there was going to be an event on it, well, WANT kicked in, because THP and The Trail would be a no brainer for a good time. This was my first official event in too long and the team aspect was just great. It brings another dimension to the event, not only for the participants, but for those following. The way I understand it, the team component will be featured more this year and that is a good thing in my mind.

For me the weekend started on Thursday Morning early with the drive down from Memphis. I had decided to play on Thursday too and couldn't find anyone in the travel and extra rounds thread who could join. UZUMATI jumps in the thread and offers to play if I couldn't find anyone. We met in the clubhouse as I was checking in and had a great round on the links course. Golf really is more fun with THP'rs and sharing a round on the Links with Alan was much more fun than it would have been as a single. Any time you find yourself up this way Alan let me know and we will get together. This goes without saying, but try for every single event you can too buddy. You will have a blast.

As Alan and I were on the last few holes, CplJohnst sends me a text and let's me know he is there and we decide he will meet us on 18. As Alan and I get to our drives we see Barry on the side of the green and there is a twosome up there. I tell Alan that Barry probably thought that was us and sure enough he told us about it and his posting in the thread later. We had a good laugh about that. The three of us quickly made plans for dinner and headed to Niffers where E1iterate would later meet us for some food, beers and just a great time.

We left Niffers and went our separate ways to our hotels. Thanks so much Barry for your gracious offer to Mike of the extra bed in your room. Jeff/John Spicoli was inbound and when he arrived it was the first time we had seen each other since True Blue and Caledonia. We got caught up and soon hit the hay.

Friday's practice round with E1iterate, Jeff Spicoli, and Chump Fries began on the range for a warm up and some short game practice. I had just purchased a previously described "fly" RTJ 1/4 zip in the clubhouse and was walking off the range when up walks Tadashi in a "Fly" RTJ zip up vest. After a bro hug he looks at me and says with that Panda smile "Good thing I didn't buy THAT one...." We all laughed and hung out for a bit before we were off to the first tee. The round was fun and we all had our ups and downs as the wind picked up steadily all day.

From this point, my description of the event is very similar to others with respect to the ups and downs of the matches. So from this point I would like to just make some Observations and shout-outs.

JohnSinVA - You never once kept me up roomie. Great to meet you man and being included in your face time with your daughter was fun. She was adorable. It was great hanging out with you.

Amsmith - Dude you are a giant among men. O.k. Let's face it. I make everyone look tall. It was great to finally meet you, and I agree with you, only dudes on a golf forum would trade bro hugs on the side of a green at RTJ having never met before and just passing by each other. Our match together was a ton of fun and I hope we are able to do it again sooner rather than later.

OITW - the only thing brighter than your clothes is your smile man! You are a fun and funny guy who can simply golf his ball. As a fellow Bridgestone brother, it was just a blast watching you stick those DPF's on shot after shot.

E1iterate - it was great to finally meet you Mike. Had a blast playing golf and shooting the breeze with you man. We are almost neighbors man we gotta play Greystone sometime. It's not too bad of a drive for me to make a day trip out of it.

CplJohnst - my little green amphibious monster brother. I am so glad that we were finally able to meet and hang out! Next? We share a round!! Thanks for letting me have a few swings with your Handcrafted Masterpiece. After hearing what you had to say and then actually hitting that shaft, the Handcrafted event went to the top of my list if I can make the dates work and get lucky!

Jeff Spicoli - We are 1 and 1 on team events buddy. It was so good to see you again and I'm very glad to hear that little man is doing well. Thanks for the call on the way home. It made the miles pass a little more quickly. I hope I didn't snore too much Thursday night. At least I turned off the tv before I crashed and burned.

WillWhite - it was great hanging out with you and talking about our respective business's around the fire. I hope that next time we can share a round.

Sox - Thanks for remembering the grip man! I still owe you since a Guinness Blond wasn't quite enough to cover it, but thanks for the sentiment. By the way, after further reflection, I'm beginning to think that number one goes to the ri..... Nah, never mind.

Jhoefer61 - glad to finally meet you Jed. I knew you were a West Coaster dude.

Just_Hacking - had a great time in our match on Sunday. I swear, if I ever need a parole officer, I want it to be you.

Icey - it has been a long time coming, but being able to meet you and share a round too was just great man. Love your sense of humor and as I see people type on the board, I now "Hear" their voice. It's kinda cool.... Hope to see you at an event again soon brother. Good, Good?

Mmaynard - Matt another Bridgestone brother! Was great to see you again my friend and the putting duel is not over! I got good credit, so don't send Moe and Rocko just yet. Double or nothing for $2 Million! You pick the putt o.k.?

Dawg Daddy - it was good to see you play in good health I hope it keeps up for you man!

........to be continued........

Looking forward to getting back out on the course this afternoon. Certainly won't be anywhere near same as last weekend though. Hopefully I can do something to get that one shot (which my 3 Sunday playing partners and a couple of THPers watching us finish know which one I am referring to) off of my mind once and for all.

Looking forward to getting back out on the course this afternoon. Certainly won't be anywhere near same as last weekend though. Hopefully I can do something to get that one shot (which my 3 Sunday playing partners and a couple of THPers watching us finish know which one I am referring to) off of my mind once and for all.
You made a ton of great shots in our match! The approach on 16 was money!

You made a ton of great shots in our match! The approach on 16 was money!

Scott is almost always money. Sweet swing for sure.

#KickOffClassic Recap

#KickOffClassic Recap

.....Part Deux.....

Mikedean441 - thanks for everything you do man! It was a great time. The XXIO certainly was different and I DID hit it farther! I regret not getting on the scope to see the numbers for sure though. The C200's were great and are now a hard ponder for sure.

#Cookie - Always good to see you again my friend! Thanks for the KruKup too. :act-up:

Capt. Panda - you lead the Marauders heroically. Seeing you checking on everyone and offering help to anyone that asked was just proof of your giving heart. What you did for Courtney was just incredible man. Keep on keeping on man and I hope to see you when I'm down in the F.L.A.!

Capt. War - congrats on the victory and the auto bid! It was great to be one of your warriors. You did a great job and I would go to battle with you any time man. Its official, I like the Albatross! It will make its way into the rotation too. Thanks for showing me your secret to mixing a good one and I'll try not to wear it :angel:. Good luck with your new manager and I'll try to look you up this year when I'm down for work.

Brianmk24 - congrats on the win man. Cannot wait to see what you pick.

Chump Fries - the large fry in MoFries! Man it was great to prep for this with you here at home and then meet up and play in AL. I know you were not happy on Saturday, but after you got with Freddie Sunday you were money when I was probably gassed and didn't have it. Thanks for being clutch dude and I'm glad that we could be there for each other. Let's play Kirkwood or Ole Miss this Spring!

Things to consider:

We all Kicked Off THP's 2016 with class.

We trended on Twitter! That was effin huge and I think only the second time it has happened. Kudos to everyone. We did it together.

Game Book is a Game Changer in how we bring events to the forum and how the forum follows them. Having used game book in my league, I was hopeful but just didn't know how it would go. On one tee during our Saturday match, JB drives up and gives us the low down on what is going on and said that it was just so darn interesting watching the matches on the app. He said "I could just sit right here in the cart and watch everything unfold." He was all smiles every time we saw him.

THP events are just so special. The team match play component is a winner for sure. I'm gonna play tomorrow for the first time since we left RTJ last Sunday. It won't be the same, but hopefully it won't be another year and a half before another event. Absence really does make the heart grow fonder and I just love this place and all of you!

Thanks for the memories folks!

JM

JM it was great seeing you again buddy. Glad you enjoyed swining the xxio and c200s...and u really enjoyed that rum and coke!

Mojo- you kick so much ass dude.

Mojo- you kick so much ass dude.

I tried to tell everyone to pick the Wool Warriors, we definitely had Mojo! Great write up JM.

I tried to tell everyone to pick the Wool Warriors, we definitely had Mojo! Great write up JM.

People under estimated our awesomeness.

Back