Right there with you brother! My girls have been really bad these last few months. Just crying about anything. It's tough a lot of times and I know it gets to me but I have to learn to be patient and let them know why crying about things is not the right way to go about it.

Dude!!! Seriously, I try to understands their emotions as I'm emotional myself. I try to understand they are girls and will be more emotional than not, but the meltdown was because they didn't have a pair of white shorts to wear!

Dude!!! Seriously, I try to understands their emotions as I'm emotional myself. I try to understand they are girls and will be more emotional than not, but the meltdown was because they didn't have a pair of white shorts to wear!
I've heard it all. I mean I've had one come bawling downstairs and I asked what was wrong and the oldest said her sister told her that she wasn't her friend anymore.....

Speechless. And now my oldest cries when she gets in trouble and I ask her why, "'Cause I don't want you to go on a golf trip (the Gauntlet) because I will miss you." very cute and really makes me happy but a little ridiculous because she is just trying to get out of trouble. Haha. Girls are so weird.

Just wait until they're in high school. I've noticed my hairline receding drastically since my daughter started her freshman year this past fall. It's ridiculous how bad it can be sometimes, it's almost comical.

I've heard it all. I mean I've had one come bawling downstairs and I asked what was wrong and the oldest said her sister told her that she wasn't her friend anymore.....

Speechless. And now my oldest cries when she gets in trouble and I ask her why, "'Cause I don't want you to go on a golf trip (the Gauntlet) because I will miss you." very cute and really makes me happy but a little ridiculous because she is just trying to get out of trouble. Haha. Girls are so weird.

Hahahahaha! I'm glad I'm not the only one that gets the "golf guilt trip" from my daughters bc they'll miss me.

Just wait until they're in high school. I've noticed my hairline receding drastically since my daughter started her freshman year this past fall. It's ridiculous how bad it can be sometimes, it's almost comical.

I've got 8 years to get ready for that.

Hahahahaha! I'm glad I'm not the only one that gets the "golf guilt trip" from my daughters bc they'll miss me.

I've got 8 years to get ready for that.
Dude I get it everyday.

"Dad I wish you didn't have to go to work."

"I hate Mondays because you work and then go bowling."

"I really hate golf days."

All the time I hear those. Haha

Add me to the list of dads with emotional of daughters. 9 years old and it's crying, whining, crying at the drop of a hat. This morning it was that she couldn't find a pair of white athletic socks for her game. Ugh.

My 5 year old daughter had a meltdown because I took her out of the car, and THEN picked her up. She wanted me to pick her up straight out of the car. Unfortunately, this didn't bug until AFTER we were already in the house with shoes and jackets off. She insisted we get dressed, go back out to the car, and do it her way. I told her to kick rocks. There's no way I'm setting that precedent in my house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Emotional daughter...check. threw a total fit on her grandmother because the handles on the sippy cup didn't line up correctly with the picture of the frog on it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Attempt #2 at having the youngest transition to a toddler bed was a success! He slept through the night and didn't freak out like the first time. He loves Mickey so MrsV was smart and went and got Mickey bed sheets and that helped a ton

Attempt #2 at having the youngest transition to a toddler bed was a success! He slept through the night and didn't freak out like the first time. He loves Mickey so MrsV was smart and went and got Mickey bed sheets and that helped a ton

Awesome buddy.

Whoa. Clearly you slept well. I would call it completed, but successful is a stretch.

I'm glad I'm not the only one with daughter issues. Mine just turned 5 and it's like a light switch flipped on. A whiny, emotional, back talking light switch.

Parenting Thread

Whoa. Clearly you slept well. I would call it completed, but successful is a stretch.

That works too. The fact that he stayed in his room without breaking anything or tearing the door down is successful in my book

Well when my baby girl gets old enough, is it OK if I send her to your house for sleep training? Sounds like Phil has it all under control

If anyone's kiddos had any want to watch The Good Dinosaur, I do not recommend it. Not in the least bit kid friendly. The Dino family makes fun of and bullies Arlo the entire time. And both his parents die within the first 20 minutes of the movie.

I'm not one of those parents who ever turns off a movie, but this one is a bit much when my 6 year old is realizing how sad it is

If anyone's kiddos had any want to watch The Good Dinosaur, I do not recommend it. Not in the least bit kid friendly. The Dino family makes fun of and bullies Arlo the entire time. And both his parents die within the first 20 minutes of the movie.

I'm not one of those parents who ever turns off a movie, but this one is a bit much when my 6 year old is realizing how sad it is

I took my girls to see it at the theatre. They were so into the popcorn and coast the first 20 didn't phase them.....now the ending? They cried like I've never seen... It was hilarious

Abigail got the idea to sell Lemonade yesterday.
She ran out of lemonade in less than an hour today. Lots of great neighbors around!!!

26561cf2-1678-49b5-b875-612d6a54e798_zpsmd993ylr.jpg~original

Took my 3 yr old on a "date" today to see Disney live (Valentine's Day present). I think I watched her reaction to things more than the show. Then some quick pics by the skyway.
b55f7dd0a8e20d952c06fea9a30db2b8.jpg

I am glad my daughter (12) doesn't seem to get into the whole drama scene, either at school or home. She is definitely like me in that. She and I both don't really care if somebody wants to be friends or not.

Now my son (7), oh boy it's emotion city. He has such a tender heart just like his mom.

My 5 year old daughter had a meltdown because I took her out of the car, and THEN picked her up. She wanted me to pick her up straight out of the car. Unfortunately, this didn't bug until AFTER we were already in the house with shoes and jackets off. She insisted we get dressed, go back out to the car, and do it her way. I told her to kick rocks. There's no way I'm setting that precedent in my house.
OCD, or just kids being kids?

Miracles do happen.....oldest decided to take the training wheels off. Started slowly on Sunday. Today she can ride no problem. Big girl gets a new bike this weekend. Was the deal we made.

Going to Riverbanks Zoo this weekend and buying a family pass. Relatively inexpensive, and for all the times we make day trips to Columbia, it's worth it, even just to stop in for a couple of hours. Every time we've taken Nick to an aquarium or zoo, he's been very excited. I'm hoping that this is something he really enjoys. This time we're going to bring the stroller with us, but I have his little backpack/leash and I think we're going to see how he does with walking.

I assume we'll have a very very tired kiddo on the way home, but it should be an exciting and happy day!

Going to Riverbanks Zoo this weekend and buying a family pass. Relatively inexpensive, and for all the times we make day trips to Columbia, it's worth it, even just to stop in for a couple of hours. Every time we've taken Nick to an aquarium or zoo, he's been very excited. I'm hoping that this is something he really enjoys. This time we're going to bring the stroller with us, but I have his little backpack/leash and I think we're going to see how he does with walking.

I assume we'll have a very very tired kiddo on the way home, but it should be an exciting and happy day!

Riverbanks is one of the best zoos I've ever been to for size and content. My wife and I bought a membership when we lived in Augusta pre-kids, and we took the kids last year and it was just as good (even with tons of construction going on). Plus, you get the reciprocal discounts with almost every other zoo (usually 50% off) with a membership.

The reciprocal discount more than pays for our Chattanooga zoo membership.

Back