The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny it's a pic of multiple trolls. Feels a lot like we may have a poster who plays the part of more than one THPer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nailed it.

That would be close to $500 in reimbursement I think, depending on the rate set by the IRS. Keep it documented and if you don't get reimbursed I think you can at least deduct the reimbursement rate from your taxes (CPAs feel free to confirm/deny)

an employer is not typically required by law to reimburse anything. most do because it's a benefit to the employee and a deduction for the employer.

there is also no requirement that an employer reimburse the irs statutory mileage rate. for 2016, the mileage rate has fallen to $0.54. If your employer reimburses less than the statutory rate, you can take a deduction for the excess of the business miles * the statutory rate less what they reimbursed you.

the problem with the deduction is that it's an unreimbursed employee business expense deductible on form 2106 as part of your itemized deductions on schedule a. so first you need to itemize. if you rent your house, you probably don't itemize unless you pay high state tax or give lots to charitable organizations. assuming you do itemize, the next hurdle you have to jump is the 2% haircut. only the excess of your unreimbursed employee business expenses (in addition to your other miscellaneous itemized deductions) over 2% of your adjusted gross income is allowed. so if your agi is $100,000, you would need to have over $2,000 of miscellaneous itemized deductions to be able to deduct $1 of your mileage, and that's assuming you itemize.

ready to abolish the tax code yet?

an employer is not typically required by law to reimburse anything. most do because it's a benefit to the employee and a deduction for the employer.

there is also no requirement that an employer reimburse the irs statutory mileage rate. for 2016, the mileage rate has fallen to $0.54. If your employer reimburses less than the statutory rate, you can take a deduction for the excess of the business miles * the statutory rate less what they reimbursed you.

the problem with the deduction is that it's an unreimbursed employee business expense deductible on form 2106 as part of your itemized deductions on schedule a. so first you need to itemize. if you rent your house, you probably don't itemize unless you pay high state tax or give lots to charitable organizations. assuming you do itemize, the next hurdle you have to jump is the 2% haircut. only the excess of your unreimbursed employee business expenses (in addition to your other miscellaneous itemized deductions) over 2% of your adjusted gross income is allowed. so if your agi is $100,000, you would need to have over $2,000 of miscellaneous itemized deductions to be able to deduct $1 of your mileage, and that's assuming you itemize.

ready to abolish the tax code yet?

Have been for years, but what would you do with all that would-be useless knowledge in the event such a thing happened?

Have been for years, but what would you do with all that would-be useless knowledge in the event such a thing happened?

find another job!!! or tell my wife I put in my time, it's her turn. hell, she'd make more money than I ever have.

Teams home course is Titleist exclusive. This means no, they will not contact the Bridgestone rep for us to order through for their HS program. This irks me.

Teams home course is Titleist exclusive. This means no, they will not contact the Bridgestone rep for us to order through for their HS program. This irks me.

So dumb. Hope you can find a way to get them otherwise.

find another job!!! or tell my wife I put in my time, it's her turn. hell, she'd make more money than I ever have.

Think she'd go for that?

Contact Bridgestone directly? maybe contact Titleist and see if they'll price-match for the kids?

Truck mirrors are ridiculously expensive. My own stupidity as I broke it backing out of the garage, but $200 plus for a mirror seems like stealing. The other hard part is there is like 50 mirrors that are similar and I'm afraid I'm going to order the wrong one.
Check salvage yards. Can save a lot. Most can even install it very cheaply

So dumb. Hope you can find a way to get them otherwise.

Yeah, going to try and see what we can do.

Contact Bridgestone directly? maybe contact Titleist and see if they'll price-match for the kids?

I did this afternoon, hopefully there is something we can do. Titleist will give us wholesale pricing, which is still really really high.

I know it's probably frowned upon, but what about the power of THP? There are some B'stone people around that might be able to help. Maybe. Hope it all works out for you and the kids.

Well, hopefully you can get something figured out. Be a shame to lose out because a couple people won't even talk to each other.

I know it's probably frowned upon, but what about the power of THP? There are some B'stone people around that might be able to help. Maybe. Hope it all works out for you and the kids.

I won't do that dude. I refuse to use what I do here to help with things outside of THP, its just not ethically right IMO. Its like twitter-begging, it rubs me wrong.

I won't do that dude. I refuse to use what I do here to help with things outside of THP, its just not ethically right IMO. Its like twitter-begging, it rubs me wrong.

I fully understand. I was thinking maybe as a last ditch effort.

I fully understand. I was thinking maybe as a last ditch effort.

Nah, last ditch, I'll buy some out of my pocket for the kiddos.

If it gets to that (hopefully it doesn't) pm me and I will snag a few dozen for the kiddos

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I appreciate it dude. I would only need to supplement OOP with it. We have $$ in the acct to buy, but not shelf price. It'll all work out, I have no doubt!

I appreciate it dude. I would only need to supplement OOP with it. We have $$ in the acct to buy, but not shelf price. It'll all work out, I have no doubt!
No worries anything to grow the game just shoot me a pm if it gets to that.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

James, what were you specifically looking for? I guess i missed the OP.

B'stone, and many other OEM's, have HS/College programs to help out with purchasing gear/balls/etc. For B'stone it has to be through a course (Titleist and PING are the same) and our home course is Titleist exclusive so they will not (really its more cannot, its not malicious) reach out the B'stone rep for us for us to purchase.

B'stone, and many other OEM's, have HS/College programs to help out with purchasing gear/balls/etc. For B'stone it has to be through a course (Titleist and PING are the same) and our home course is Titleist exclusive so they will not (really its more cannot, its not malicious) reach out the B'stone rep for us for us to purchase.
Check your PM, Jman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back