The 2016 Gauntlet with Callaway Golf

Just ordered a 64*PM grind wedge today, looking forward to getting this on the course. And I am in full ponder mode about the XR after seeing what happened with Nate in Texas.

On another note -

As a desert dweller, I cannot stress two things enough -
1) Keep the ball on grass from the tee box.
2) Have a solid bunker game.

And, of course, putting is always important.

What kind of prep are #TheGauntlet participants doing to prepare for the competition? What areas of your game will get attention? As has been mentioned, it is only 80 days from now!!

Short game, short game, short game.

Will definitely be working on my bunker game and dialing in the MXM 1W.

What kind of prep are #TheGauntlet participants doing to prepare for the competition? What areas of your game will get attention? As has been mentioned, it is only 80 days from now!!

Number 1 - starting lessons again on Wednesday to get my consistency back.
Number 2 - New irons arrive early next week.

If I can keep the ball flight consistent and my miss consistent I'll be feeling pretty good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just picked up my new gbb driver that I've been waiting to go on sale!

Sent from my SM-G928W8 using Tapatalk

Short game for sure and really focusing on having a consistent, repeatable swing. T-80. Hell yeah!

Play as much as I can once the weather breaks in Michigan. #80DaysUntilTheGauntlet

Just ordered a 64*PM grind wedge today, looking forward to getting this on the course. And I am in full ponder mode about the XR after seeing what happened with Nate in Texas.

On another note -

1) Check
2) Uh oh

And finally, Sort of uh oh

I know what I've got to work on. Given that I've been hitting out of just unfrozen bunkers to start the year, I'm actually really happy with how my bunker work in the indoor bunker over the winter went, but there's still work to do. Putting is coming around after the atrocious start to last year, but still needs some work. I'm making much more consistent contact with the putter, just need to get my feel back.

Participants,
If you do not have Tapatalk for mobile posting you will want to download it.

Looking forward to following this great event, should be EPIC!

This is going to be an epic follow!
Love the looks of these courses!

Will definitely be working on my bunker game and dialing in the MXM 1W.
ALL new range balls just put out Sunday. Almost finished with the short game area. No holes cut yet on putting green...looks like FSC is kicking it up a notch. Anytime you want company at the range or the exec course give me a shout.
d6753ab6c6ea353c488d3d90434c95d2.jpg

They have a couple specials running right now too. #dowork

Participants,
If you do not have Tapatalk for mobile posting you will want to download it.

I already spend way too much time on that app :wink:

I spent some time looking at the front nine holes using google maps last night.
There's no way I'm reaching either of the par 5s in 2.

Long hitters have a shot at getting on #7 in one. Although, its got some bunkers in the way for protection.

Which course tanker?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Cholla

Reviewed by last round played at Sagauro.

I remember #2 distinctly. Mr Advice told me to not hit a driver off the tee - I could have reached the green. He got in my head -->
Screenshot%202016-03-01%2009.28.15_zpsjwjpxuee.png

Number 10 was also a disaster after winding up in the desert off the tee -->
Screenshot%202016-03-01%2009.29.29_zpsx9anchtf.png

I shot a 92 that day. Hitting it into the desert really got into my head.

The 2016 Gauntlet with Callaway Golf

I recommend testing out the XR 16 and check out the forgiveness. Fantastic new driver I am putting in play tomorrow.

Ahhhh! Just when I thought I was out, you pulled me back in! Been pretty happy with me GBB, but if you are considering the XR16 as much as you loved the GBB guess I better give it a look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

On another note -

Keeping the ball in the grass off the tee is one of the things I will be focusing on. And hitting crisper iron shots. To keep me out of the sand hopefully.

Then there is putting....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any idea what tees we might play? Looking at the course layouts and trying to get a feel for the yardages we will play.

Any idea what tees we might play? Looking at the course layouts and trying to get a feel for the yardages we will play.
Usually in the 6000-6500 range but THP does a great job of making it fair and fun for everyone. Wouldn't worry about the yardage at all.

Usually in the 6000-6500 range but THP does a great job of making it fair and fun for everyone. Wouldn't worry about the yardage at all.
Not really worried about it too much length wise. Just trying to do a little strategy prep so I don't end up in the desert too often. I hate rattlesnakes! :D

Not really worried about it too much length wise. Just trying to do a little strategy prep so I don't end up in the desert too often. I hate rattlesnakes! :D
Well keep it in the fairway. ?

Callaway has some pretty lethal tools out there for that... Haha

This is taking forever :banghead:

Not trying to get under your skin, but I heard today that the first snakes were seen on my course over the weekend - a pair was mating next to one of the tee boxes - just off the grass.

Back