THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

This is hysterical. A public reveal would be priceless ... for us.

Wonder what this could be. Find out in a few days when it gets to Kevin :banana:

Mets, Jets, Islanders here ... at least you got one of the teams correct! ha ha ha

I gave up on the Knicks when John Starks couldn't help Ewing finish off the Houston Rockets. Oh for freaking eleven from beyond the arc. Oh for freaking eleven!

This is funny and sad. All Starks had to do was take it to the hole, he had an open lane, force OT and regroup. But no. He steps behind the arch and throws up a brick!!!

So there was a thread that talked about whether or not we'd prep differently if we got into a THP event. I responded that my goals were my goals regardless of whether or not I achieved entry into any events.

I'd like to amend that. Weighed myself today and almost topped 190 on the scale. That is unfreaking acceptable. So ... in addition to my golf goals, I plan on hitting the healthy eating train seriously hard. I'm going to say goodbye to diet soda :cry:, fast food, and junk food. Going to turn back to more lean protein and lots of vegetables ... as well as a healthy breakfast to keep me from hitting Dunkin Donuts every morning. I imagine I'm going to be a total richard for a few days, but that will pass ... hopefully. I want to lose a good 20-30 pounds or so, as much for me as for my kiddo. I imagine it'd be good to stick around for awhile, ya know?

In addition to my regular walking with my push cart on the golf course, I'll also be adding a couple of miles a day in walking ... maybe during lunch, maybe after work. Yeah, this isn't going to be easy is it?

Duece, check out the weight loss thread buddy. Several people are doing work in there my man. Come join us!

Good to see everyone introducing themselves I know many of you but some I do not so always good to get to know a person a bit more.

Before I get into mine I just want to say thank you to everyone in both regions so far this has been an amazing process that will just continue to be awesome because of you guys. Kevin you know I love you like a brother and respect the hell out of you and I couldn't ask to share this with a better person. That said if you want to throw in the towel now I understand because we all know the end result of this one. :)

Now onto my little Blurb. My name is Ron Bolt I am 28 and living in Raleigh NC. I have been married for 5 years now we currently have no kids but 2 dogs that we treat as our kids. I am a 911 Systems Technician/Engineer/Project manager (I wear a lot of hats). I love my job and it keeps me on my toes daily (and sometimes nightly ugh). With that said I work a LARGE amount of hours so I cant practice the amount that I would like however I get out a few times a week and this event will drive me even harder. I am currently a 12.3 and trending up the last few weeks as I have hit a bit of a slump recently. I set no goals handicap wise for events I just want to play the best I can any given day and that is all I can ask of myself.

Originally I am from Buffalo NY. I spent my first 18 years there before moving to Binghamton area for a few years. My wife and I have been in Raleigh for four years now. She is originally from Charlotte but I am indeed a damn Yankee with no thoughts of leaving anytime soon.

I'll throw in your crying towel maybe. I'll even make sure we use spring time downy so you soft self has something comfortable to burry your face into.

Wonder what this could be. Find out in a few days when it gets to Kevin :banana:

Hahaha love it brother! Look forward to it in fact. But remember I don't settle for getting even. I plan on getting ahead and staying ahead.

This is hysterical. A public reveal would be priceless ... for us.

I will catch the revel in video! :). But I expect that same in return!

I respect Kevin to much for the ole poop in a box trick. Truly I like his wife to much to do that to her as well since she would have to deal with it just as much.
That said I know a few that should get it as well.

Wish I would have been around for the tampons would have got a kick out of that.

Oh boy.....been down the tampon route. It ain't pretty....just saying.

Oh boy.....been down the tampon route. It ain't pretty....just saying.

Hey, tampons are good when detailing your car or truck. The string helps you get to and clean some otherwise difficult spots. Don't curse your gifts, find a way to make use of them.

Good to see everyone introducing themselves I know many of you but some I do not so always good to get to know a person a bit more.

Before I get into mine I just want to say thank you to everyone in both regions so far this has been an amazing process that will just continue to be awesome because of you guys. Kevin you know I love you like a brother and respect the hell out of you and I couldn't ask to share this with a better person. That said if you want to throw in the towel now I understand because we all know the end result of this one. :)

Now onto my little Blurb. My name is Ron Bolt I am 28 and living in Raleigh NC. I have been married for 5 years now we currently have no kids but 2 dogs that we treat as our kids. I am a 911 Systems Technician/Engineer/Project manager (I wear a lot of hats). I love my job and it keeps me on my toes daily (and sometimes nightly ugh). With that said I work a LARGE amount of hours so I cant practice the amount that I would like however I get out a few times a week and this event will drive me even harder. I am currently a 12.3 and trending up the last few weeks as I have hit a bit of a slump recently. I set no goals handicap wise for events I just want to play the best I can any given day and that is all I can ask of myself.

Originally I am from Buffalo NY. I spent my first 18 years there before moving to Binghamton area for a few years. My wife and I have been in Raleigh for four years now. She is originally from Charlotte but I am indeed a damn Yankee with no thoughts of leaving anytime soon.

Being I work in EMS I work closely with out 911 folks. Thats a tough job and one that too often goes unrecognized. Without yall I would kinda be lost......lol

I'm BIGBALL, and I'm a golf addict! Admitting you have a problem is the first step haha!

O.K - my name is Don Hall ( but honestly, I'm not sure even the majority of guys I golf with no me other than Bigball lol )When I was young, I played baseball, basketball and football. My dad did his best to get me to play golf, but A) I had no time, and B) golf wasn't cool! I hit balls with my dad sometimes, and was hit the ball pretty long, but never took the time to delve into it more then. I played competitive basketball and got into powerlifting ( really fun - but probably the worst thing I did! relating to golf ) into my mid thirties, and didn't really start playing golf until I was in my late thirties. Sports came pretty easy to me, but golf has been by far been the biggest challenge - but what a great game!

I grew up in the Baltimore area, and have been a lifelong O's, Terps and Ravens fan ( sorry Kevin, John! ) I was divorced, but have 2 great boys from that marriage. I got remarried at 39 to Cindy, and that was probably the greatest decision I have made in my life. She had a son & daughter, and now they have a true dad. I am an Outside sales rep for a welding & gas supplier, and really enjoy what I do.

I love the people on this site, and will bust my a$$ to help this team win. Really looking forward to meeting the players I've yet to meet ( on both sides tbh ) and getting to know them better, and renewing friendships with those I have been fortunate enough to have met. I know there are a lot of players here much better than me, but I promise team DMV will get the best that I got.

If you pooped in a box and sent it, it would be the greatest item sent ever.
Although I love T2GRN, so I dont want that to happen to him...I can think of a few I should do it too though.
I once sent a fellow captain Tampons.

I'm pretty sure that would be illegal.....

Just want to thank the members of the DMV team for their brief bios. Just let me say to the rest of those being represented by the selected individuals, our region is in good hands. Through local outings, I have had the pleasure of meeting and playing golf with Kevin, Jose, Mike, Don and Eric, I know them to be great guys and they will do their best to represent us with effort and honor. Andy, Chris and Rich, I have not had the similar pleasure, one which I hope will be rectified as soon as possible. However, I am as confident as captain Kevin that you will represent us well and deliver your best effort. Although I must say, Andy, I am glad to see a native Virginian on the team.

Now guys, go out represent us well and kick some Carolina butts. That said, since they are THPers, I am sure the Carolinas will lose with grace, class and dignity.

Just want to thank the members of the DMV team for their brief bios. Just let me say to the rest of those being represented by the selected individuals, our region is in good hands. Through local outings, I have had the pleasure of meeting and playing golf with Kevin, Jose, Mike, Don and Eric, I know them to be great guys and they will do their best to represent us with effort and honor. Andy, Chris and Rich, I have not had the similar pleasure, one which I hope will be rectified as soon as possible. However, I am as confident as captain Kevin that you will represent us well and deliver your best effort. Although I must say, Andy, I am glad to see a native Virginia on the team.

Now guys, go out represent us well and kick some Carolina butts. That said, since they are THPers, I am sure the Carolinas will lose with grace, class and dignity.
We don't lose......

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

If you pooped in a box and sent it, it would be the greatest item sent ever.
Although I love T2GRN, so I dont want that to happen to him...I can think of a few I should do it too though.
I once sent a fellow captain Tampons.

So tampons for opposing captains are a thing? Makes sense as to why 441 said I could have a spot on the team if I stopped and got him tampons on the way to golf last Sunday

So tampons for opposing captains are a thing? Makes sense as to why 441 said I could have a spot on the team if I stopped and got him tampons on the way to golf last Sunday

Wow and I see the "t" word as I'm passing by.

I think its great that everyone introduced themselves, having a real name to a screen name helps. Especially so the Carolina guys will know whose name to put on the sympathy card to DMV....sorry for your loss!

THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

What are some matchups that people would like to see?

I know about half of everyone so going with the gut on some of these

For me it would be:

Deuce dustin8538 vs Bigball and MdGolfhacker

Huhhh MizunoFan vs borss chetsteadman

Cyoung2ty spicoli vs emart mesaman777

T2Grn chrisopherkee vs lightningbolt mburnham

I think these would be very close and awesome follows

For me it would be:

I would absolutely LOVE to be paired with Jeff/John! Honestly, though... based on what I know of my teammates from reading their posts and other posts about them... I'd love to be paired with any of them.

I feel very outclassed in terms of game already. Seeing some of the handicaps that others listed in their bios was slightly intimidating... but also hella (I think that's a legit word) motivating.

I would absolutely LOVE to be paired with Jeff/John! Honestly, though... based on what I know of my teammates from reading their posts and other posts about them... I'd love to be paired with any of them.

I feel very outclassed in terms of game already. Seeing some of the handicaps that others listed in their bios was slightly intimidating... but also hella (I think that's a legit word) motivating.

Buddy let me cue you in on the real deal. Handicaps don't me sh!t if the person carrying it doesn't play to it. So don't be intimidated. More visited to get better is one thing, intimidated.....Nope don't do it. It's just golf and fun out there.

For me it would be:

I think once we get together and figure out what each of our strengths and weaknesses are we can come up with some great combinations. But honestly any combo we throw out there can beat the DMV. Our team is stacked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back