Do you vary your tee height for different shots?

Do you vary your tee height for different shots?

• try to get the height the same for all shots

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • vary the height to help hit the ball higher or lower

Votes: 28 63.6%
  • it's random

Votes: 2 4.5%

• Total voters

JMN57

Reaction score
Handicap
In flux
Just wondering how many of us try to put the height the same for all tee shots or vary the height depending on what type of trajectory/shot you want?

Do you:

1) try to get the height the same for all shots
2) vary the height to help hit the ball higher or lower
3) it's random

If I am hitting into the wind, I'll tee it lower and try to hit the ball lower to stay under the wind and get rollout. With a wind I can ride, I'll tee it higher and try to get a toey draw.

Always the same. I use THP Epoch tees that make sure its the same every time for me.
I use ball placement in stance to change flight.

Always the same.

This is the choice I meant to hit vary the height to help hit the ball higher or lower but I hit the random choice instead. I only slightly change the tee height - maybe an 1/8" so most folks would not even notice the difference.

yes. it's usually a minuscule difference, but standing over the ball i can definitely tell a difference. with my particular irons, a little higher up the face creates almost a natural flier, so if i need a little extra distance or to ride the wind, i'll tee it up just a tiny bit. with driver, i don't usually change tee height to manipulate trajectory, but i will tee it up or down if for some reason i'm just not comfortable with the look at address.

Tee it very low on par 3's.

Will tee it a touch lower (than normal) on par 4's and 5's if trying to flight something down into the wind.

A little higher when the wind really blowing and helping
A little lower when the wind is really blowing and hurting

The same height for all the other clubs besides driver.

Always the same except with a teed up hybrid, I have a few different shots I like to play and they require different tee heights.

Always the same. Half a ball above the crown for driver, like the ball is sitting up on the grass for all other clubs.

For me, consistency is key. Same height all the time.

Its hard to vote because......

For the driver I use mid size (4more yrd tees) and are always the exact same height due to the stopper so I never worry about my driver tee height being different.

For my tee shots with hybrids and irons I just tee it barely top the grass maybe 1/4" off the ground

For a 3wood tee shot I tee it about a fingers width 1/2 to 3/4" perhaps off the ground.

So while I use different tee heights for different clubs tee shots, I don't vary those individual heights.

I hate a high tee on my driver. Mid height is the highest I will use. But as said, its a set height tee with a stopper and always the same. I don't really try to change height for driver ball flight. Its hard enough to maintain consistency as it is without trying to get fancy. If I am driving well I am long enough and if its windy so be it, I don't hit really high shots and its usually a good penetrating drive when hit well anyway.

So I vary my tee height for different clubs but not for different shots with the same club and there is no option for this to vote.

Same height for all shots except for par 3s.

I will it down a tad with driver if I want to hit it lower in the wind.

I have three heights that I use. Driver, 3 wood and irons.

I vary my tee height on a regular basis depending on the conditions or the shot I'm trying to hit!

Always the same

Same all the time. Unless Im hitting driver, I tee the ball so that its just off the ground and even with driver, I tee it so that 1/4 of the ball is above the crown. I dont tee it as high as some people do.

Probably should have been clearer with the question. Meant to say for a particular club (and particularly driver).

I use plastic 3 1/4" stepped tee's so the ball height when tee'd up is the same all the time. If I want to hit a cut, I open the stance. If I want to draw it, I close the stance. Hit a lower launch tee shot I play the tee'd ball back about an inch, inside the left heel. If I want to hit it high and let er fly, I play the tee'd ball about an inch forward, off the left toe.

Always the same. Like JB I change ball placement for different height

Slightly!

Always the same. I use THP Epoch tees that make sure its the same every time for me.
I use ball placement in stance to change flight.

This is what I do, to the tee :)

I try to get the same height every time. It's one less variable I'd have to worry about. I'm sure it's a lot more random than I think but I at least try to use the same tee height every time. I'll adjust ball position for different trajectories.

Same for all irons (just barely above ground level), a slight bit higher for fairway woods, and will vary the height slightly up or down if I want to hit the ball a little higher or lower with the big stick.

Always the same depending on what club I'm using.

Back