Quick Six: Callaway PM Grind 19

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The new Callaway Golf PM Grind 19 wedges hit stores last week and we wanted to dive a bit deeper into the changes from the original line. We caught up with Dave Neville from Callaway for a fun Quick Six interview. Check it out here.

https://www.thehackersparadise.com/quick-six-callaway-pm-grind-19-wedges/

Pic-1.jpg

Interesting to read about the groves being rotated. I was looking at getting a new 60 the other day, but decided to wait for a little more feedback from the forum.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Good interview. Hits on all the big points about these, I’m still a big fan of these and love the ones I’ve got in my bag.

Enjoyed that, the rotated grooves are pretty wild. I’m going to have to find one of these in the wild to try eventually.

If there is one wedge that isn't safe in the bag, it's the 60. I like a lot of things about the PM grind refinements Dave discussed here. 500-600 additional RPMs is huge from one iteration to the other.

One other thing I like is that in an age where oems are providing so many sole grind/bounce combinations, it's nice to see this only offered in the one Phil & Mr Cleveland believe works best. Takes some guess work out of it.

With the 54/60 on the way I’m excited to these in the bag. I enjoyed the frost version and if this one is more versatile and still retaining all that was good from the first go round is great to hear.

This is very interesting and too tempting! I currently have an old Cleveland CG15 LW in my bag, and I played the CG15 SW for a long time. I would love to try these out!

I thought I would hate this club but I couldn't have been more wrong, I absolutely love this club. I was listening to Dave on Sirius radio last week talk about this and it was pretty cool hearing that Phil was at ECPC grinding away on these wedges to get them where he wanted them. What a cool collaboration between two of the best wedge minds in golf.

I like the quote! I'm not an equipment guruvor ffollower, but When hi-toe came out I first thought it looked familiar like another brand..

I haven't tried the pm grind but when time for fresh wedges, likely next year) I'll be sure to try them out

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I put one of these down at address and they are pretty wild. Grooves for dayzzzzz

Was at Roger Dunn's over the weekend and these were one of the items I had to check out. I think the 54 or 56 will be going in my bag really soon. Would be interested to hear how these are on a full shot.

Was at Roger Dunn's over the weekend and these were one of the items I had to check out. I think the 54 or 56 will be going in my bag really soon. Would be interested to hear how these are on a full shot.

Spin for days on clean contact. Fly high on full swings but can be flighted pretty easily greenside. Still like cheating out of the bunkers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great insight into the club design and process with Phil and Roger. DNevs is super passionate about any and every club he talks about and it's very evident here too.

Fantastic wedges and a great interview also!

Great interview. Makes waiting for my 58°/12 all the harder. Should be fun trying some Phil's flop shots with it.

Good quick 6 with DNevs.....pretty sure i need to give these some range time this season somewhere

Nice Q&A. 500-600 rpm of spin in the lob wedge is big jump!

Yo DNevs in the house! That increase in spin is sweet.

Yeah 500+ rpm over the original sounds fantastic. I like the new angled grooves they should work awesome.

The extra revs of spin is noticeable for sure. PM 19 feels softer then the original too.

I also like how they changed the grind up on 19 to make if easier to get the leading edge under the ball on tight lies.

Good interview. Hits on all the big points about these, I’m still a big fan of these and love the ones I’ve got in my bag.
I'll second all of this! Couldn't be happier with choosing both the 54 and 58.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Back