The People v. OJ Simpson: American Crime Story - FX

Yep. I'm all caught up. Good stuff. It's even made me go back to retrace stuff on youtube. I was in high school when this all went down, so I remember it vividly. I remember coming home from school and my dad (who worked midnights) would set his alarm to get up and watch the trial on TV....he'd be on the couch watching this every single day.

Just can't watch it. Still see the white bronco on the highway in my mind!!

I didn't want to watch it. I tried it anyway. I love it. Even though may of us saw it when it happened the show is still great.

how freaky does john travolta look

Yeah, I'm watching it, can't really say if I like it. Travolta really bothers me as Shapiro (maybe it is the heavy makeup). David Schwimmer can't act. I like Cuba Gooding Jr. but just can't see OJ in him, much of that is his voice. The guy playing Cochran is pretty good as is the woman playing Marsha Clark. I have never followed the Kardasians so seeing they way they are portrayed on here is a bit funny.

I've watched all the episodes, it's good candy TV because we all remember where we were during the Bronco chase and the trial. Travolta is really bizarre in this role and Schwimmer just kills me "Juice, Juice, Juice".

It ahs been pretty good, I just wish the verdict would turn our different
Honest question, did you watch Making a Murderer? The similarities between the OJ trial and Avery are striking.

Honest question, did you watch Making a Murderer? The similarities between the OJ trial and Avery are striking.
I disagree with that. The cops liked OJ , the cops always hated Avery

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I disagree with that. The cops liked OJ , the cops always hated Avery

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Except for that Mark Fuhrman guy.

Well then joe since these are just alike, why is avery still sitting in jail?????????

Except for that Mark Fuhrman guy.

My dad always said, justice is a commodity it comes down to how much can you afford

Because Avery couldn't afford better attorneys.

My dad always said, justice is a commodity it comes down to how much can you afford
It's the golden rule. He who has the gold, makes the rules.

It ahs been pretty good, I just wish the verdict would turn our different

Learning anything new you didn't know/remember from the real thing?

The thing I have learned is I thought Johnny Cochran was a bit of a racist when it happened live, but now I am 100 percent sure he was a racist :(

Learning anything new you didn't know/remember from the real thing?

I understand this is television and they can spin it however they chose but as a teenager, I remember thinking Marcia Clark, Chris Darden and the rest of the prosecution must have been inept. Watching the show, it certainly appears to me now that they never stood a chance. So soon following the riots around Rodney King, the corruption of Daryl Gates and decades of police cover-ups played a role in the verdict.

I find the small little anecdotes about the Kardashians to be hilarious. I also find it funny how this show has brought back a lot of the old questions surrounding OJ being Khloe's biological father.

I'm so sick of hearing all this crap about Mark Fuhrman. Nobody ever proved anything that said his personal views affected his ability to be a detective.

I'm so sick of hearing all this crap about Mark Fuhrman. Nobody ever proved anything that said his personal views affected his ability to be a detective.
No proof needed. Just "reasonable doubt". The high priced defense lawyers of a multimillionaire were able to convincingly introduce it.

Sorry, I have to disagree. Mark Furhman has been his own provider of proof that he is bigoted and racist. His own statements have confirmed it many times. He was convicted of perjury during the OJ Simpson trial for lying about making racial and prejudicial statements in the past. There are many, many other incidents involving Furhman other than anything pertaining to the Simpson trial. Google it, you will see for yourself.

I watched the original trial, every minute. I have not been surprised by anything so far.

also, I recommend not feeding any trollers in here, the thread will get high-jacked.

one more thing, I met Johnny C when he was representing Geronimo Pratt. He was exactly like you think he would have been.

Real life update: some years ago a construction worker found a blood stained knife buried at OJ's Brentwood home. Construction worker turns knife over to an off duty traffic cop. Cop keeps knife for himself. Cop eventually decides to frame the knife and asks a friend in the Homicide Division for the OJ case number so he can include it as an engraving in the frame. Homicide detective informs superiors. LAPD force traffic cop to surrender the knife, which is now undergoing forensic testing.

It's like Bill Cosby all over again. LOL

Back