2016 Grandaddy Of Em All - We Want You

I've tried 2 iphone apps, they suck at getting started. I just want to start an app and see what I'm subscribed to.

Well I am glad that I can bump this thread for everyone to say their two cents and I am totally a fan of competition...Honestly does not matter to me because I know for a fact that after reading the previous Grandaddy threads I know that this is something that I want to be a part of and you better believe that I will be entering every contest for as long as the Grandaddy is in existence. I can honestly say that I am jealous for all those who have gone and I can honestly say that I am thrilled for all of the people who have gone because they have experienced and gave all of us a first hand look at what golf heaven looks like! Thank you to THP for all that you do and I think that it is time for Pringles to join Captain Canadan on the quest to dethrone the Callaway Zoo Crew!!!

I've tried 2 iphone apps, they suck at getting started. I just want to start an app and see what I'm subscribed to.
For the radio show? Apple has a app already installed called podcasts (or something like that). Search in that app for THP and boom done.

As to the conversation earlier...

Yes, I will be trying to go back. Just like I have in each previous year.

Pretty damn exciting with contests starting soon! I'll be paying attention and doing whatever I can to support the team or even get in!

Well I usually try to catch up on all the Grandaddy talk in the evening as it is a flurry of discussion. Was a tad bit disappointed reading that some think the selection process is fixed. I know that is just a fact of life, but find it insane.

Do I want to be a part of this years team??? You bet I do! Will I be prepared??? You better believe it!!!

Over the past three years I have watched people be blessed by an event as grand as this. It has changed golf games and personal lives. It doesn't get more dream like then this!

Bring on the contests because you know I'll be ready!

The Grandaddy - this is the pinnacle of the THP year. The event, from what I have come to understand it, cannot be described well by normal human beings. I really want to be a part of the team this year, and every year, tbo!

My take is this -

Every year (well, the past three and this one), 9 run of the mill golfers get the opportunity to play "touring pro" for a few days, and play golf in paradise. While the chance is small that any one person gets in, there is a chance. So no matter what the contest or format to enter, why wouldn't you try? Sure, it is disappointing to not be chosen (whatever that entails), but be happy for your friends and THP family who get the chance to do this, whether it be one time or more!!

Bottom line - I will try to get in to the Grandaddy, will be disappointed if I do not, but that in no way will change my feelings about the event and this forum!!

Good luck to all who enter!!

Just realized this was up. Although the chances are slim, from what I've read and watched , and heard from many THPers (Phil especially) this thing is just incredible. I'm fairly new and wish everyone the best of luck when the entries come up. Here's hoping!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know i have less chance of getting in than anyone but i still want it as much as the next person.

This is a once in a life time opportunity to meet with and play against some of the best people in the golf industry. And in the process bring the belt back to THP :D

Im looking forward to seeing the contests start and hopefully being able to enter.

This would be one Hell of an opportunity. Play golf in sunny USA, play golf against one of the biggest golf companies, play golf with the great THP family, but most of all, have a great time raising a few glasses after first THP win.

Could anyone's golf life get any better?

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk

I look forward to the contests. will try all I can to get in, but this is always awesome regardless. What an amazing event and an experience of a lifetime.

I'm gonna try! I don't want to hear any more of this slim chance talk either. Three down with four to go and I'm commin at ya buddy cause there's a chance!

#ZooCrew I'm commin at ya till I don't have a chance then I'm pullin for my brothers!

Wearing today and just smiling

961025a9a7b383df475b3f8e2ea9e669.jpg

Wearing today and just smiling

961025a9a7b383df475b3f8e2ea9e669.jpg

It doesn't matter where you see it, in passing walking by something in the house, in the golf bag, in a picture on the wall...it is an instantaneous smile that cannot be taken away.

There is NOTHING like #TheGrandaddy

PhillyV was sporting his Grandaddy attire yesterday. First time I've seen it in person and damn did it make me smile.

First off, it makes me sad to read that people may think that event selections could be fixed, but even more so when people don't get picked and take their disappointment out on the forum/people

I honestly feel at the moment that I wouldn't deserve a spot as I don't feel like I have been an active member of the forum due to circumstances in my work life and recovering from a further bout of back problems as I am someone who, when injured, doesn't want to spend a lot of time around a sport when I can't participate....(I have been absent from my badminton club for a while as I hate standing on the sidelines when I really want to be playing so I have to remove the temptation otherwise it is quite possible I would participate and injure myself further and that is definitely not what I want)

It just wasn't possible for me to throw my name in the hat for Grandaddy Dos due to a change in work career, but I tried last year and, like I said last year, I will be trying this year and if I am successful I will then worry about what it will cost me to make it up to Jen for going (although surely getting married to me next year is more than enough for her..... :D)

This year will (barring injuries) hopefully be the best one I have had recently as there is already talk of courses we want to play (and obviously a couple of us are off to The Belfry in just over 6 weeks), I am starting a new year with irons I am now nicely settled with, a new driver and I have also started with lessons which is something I have never done for years

Making it into TheGrandaddy would just top my year off amazingly and would be something I could never forget, even when I can no longer play the game

I was watching a YouTube golf video and at one point there was a shot of mountains in the background over a nice course and I couldn't help but try to compare it to the pictures I have seen of The Hideaway and wish I was there

I wear it with pride every chance i get

I would be wearing it with a smile as well. Best golfing experience ever.

I wear it with pride every chance i get

Is that the one you had on at the golf show that day? That thing was sweet!

Is that the one you had on at the golf show that day? That thing was sweet!

I was wearing our white 1/4 zip ya. Check out the live update thread from the event. We all got hooked up with a ton of awesome Grandaddy logo'd callaway gear

I was wearing our white 1/4 zip ya. Check out the live update thread from the event. We all got hooked up with a ton of awesome Grandaddy logo'd callaway gear

That white is sharp! I'll check out the other stuff too. So cool

Made it into the Regional Rivalry but haven't given up my hopes of getting into the ultimate event!!! I think it's going to be a great year when THP takes down the Zoo Crew!

Im most excited about what new gear people will be playing.
After all, this is a Callaway & THP Event, and everybody will be playing incredible gear.
Little twist this year as the players will be tasked with reviewing their equipment post event.

After all, this is a Callaway & THP Event, and everybody will be playing incredible gear.
Little twist this year as the players will be tasked with reviewing their equipment post event.

Sounds like my kind of twist!!!!

That's awesome. Adds to the excitement for me.

I love this, I'm sad it has to be stated and isn't a given for some. But I also LOVE that there is no ifs, ands, or buts now.

Team THP - 2016 Grandaddy Of Em All - We Want You

Team THP - 2016 Grandaddy Of Em All - We Want You

That's pretty sweet JB. I'd think with all that comes with this event, a review is the least anyone could offer up.

Back