Greetings from South Texas!

TheBigRagu30

Reaction score
Handicap
I’m a THP lurker who has decided to join the party!

Born and raised in San Antonio (with a two year hiatus in College Station), I’ve been playing golf for about 2.5 years now. Got my handicap index down to a 12.8 until November 2018 when I decided to take some lessons to work on lowering my ball flight and gaining some workability with my irons. That messed my swing up good and proper, so I decided to mix in some new irons while I was already struggling. Now I’m working my way back to where I was.

Whats in the bag:
Driver - Ping G400 w/ Ping Tour 65g X shaft
3W - Ping G400 w/ Ping Tour 75g S shaft
4-PW - Ping i500 blue dot with DG S300 shafts and power spec lofts
50-54-58 - Titleist Vokey SM6
Putter - 2016 Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5
Ball - Titleist AVX or Chrome Soft X Red/White Truvis

My favorite courses in the area:
The Buckhorn in Comfort
Delaware Springs in Burnet
Landa Park in New Braunfels
Palmer Course at La Cantera in San Antonio
Brackenridge Park in San Antonio
TPC Oaks Course in San Antonio (Home of the Valero Texas Open)
Avery Ranch in Austin
Falconhead in Austin

As my friends know all too well, I’m a massive sucker for Las Vegas, and I’ll take my sticks and play golf out there 2-3 times a year. My goal is to play every course in the area, as well as making a trip up to Wolf Creek.

looking forward to talking golf with a new group!

Welcome to THP!!! In San Antonio as well, my home course is the Hyatt Hill Country. I'm an absolute hack on the course, but would be more than happy to host a round on my home track with you.

Welcome!

Welcome to THP.

Name the time and place. I’m self employed and I can play during the week if you can!

HHC didn’t make my list because it kicks my ass every time I play haha. It’s a really nice course.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome fellow Texan. I’m in San Antonio often but usually don’t have my clubs with me. Maybe I’ll bring them some time and we could get a round in.

95d8ca3c85ee0f8f9950b550f2a0be3d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome!

Welcome to THP!

Name the time and place. I’m self employed and I can play during the week if you can!

HHC didn’t make my list because it kicks my ass every time I play haha. It’s a really nice course.

HA!!! Yea it's sneaky hard for sure!!! I travel and work from home, so mid week works for me as well. My wife and I try to get out 2-3 times a week.

welcome!

Welcome fellow Texan. I’m in San Antonio often but usually don’t have my clubs with me. Maybe I’ll bring them some time and we could get a round in.

Definitely! Love to meet new people!

Welcome to THP!!

Welcome to THP!!

Welcome to THP. I am in Katy, but travel to New Braunfels a few times a year to visit family.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP sir.

Welcome to THP!

I'm in the Alamo Ranch area and play as often as I can. Maybe we can put something together so those of us in SA can get together.

Welcome to THP!

I'm in the Alamo Ranch area and play as often as I can. Maybe we can put something together so those of us in SA can get together.

Just tell me when and I’ll be there!

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to THP!!!

Welcome from another fellow Texan! I'm up in DFW but have wanted to play a few courses down in Austin/San Antonio.

Welcome to THP!

Back