Backpack vs messenger bag for laptops

• Backpack

Votes: 41 87.2%
  • Messenger bag

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters
Again, I have to thank the wonderful community that we have here at THP. I seriously didn't think I would get this level of feedback on a question like this. I think I'm going to pick up a backpack and run it through it's paces on my next work trips to ATL, SFO, and NYC to see how it goes. My 5.11 Lima has served me well and I love it for the same reasons those of you love your messenger style bags. I might actually pick up the smallest version of that bag for quick trips and use the backpack I pick up as my long hauler. For the backpack, I'm leaning heavily to the Travis Mathew that's at the clubhouse. It's got great features, sports the club logo (which I'm a TOTAL sucker for), and has all the space I need for various runs across the country. If I pick it up, I'll write a review on it like I've seen here on THP with other bags and backpacks.

I've used both & much prefer the backpack.

Messenger bag. Since leaving college many, many years ago, I think the only times I have used a backpack is when we have gone to Disney.

I've used a backpack for ages but have always wanted a nice, leather messenger bag. I've just never found one that I really like that wasn't super expensive.

I've used a backpack for ages but have always wanted a nice, leather messenger bag. I've just never found one that I really like that wasn't super expensive.

Same here. I’m destructive on things and it would kill me to spend $400 on a leather messenger and tear it up.

Backpack for sure. Much more comfortable.

Hands down backpack!

My current gamer:
72343114c762e9077dceef2d20d876d7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those keeping score, I just picked this up. Will be on the road off and on for the next two weeks. I’ll be rocking it to see how it holds up and functions for me.

2f1517b2bfecc9ee08125b4d902d7da3.jpg

Back