• Other

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters

NullNomad

Golf Course Miscreant
Reaction score
Handicap
work
So I'm in the market after several years of being on the messenger bag side of this conversation. To frame it up, what's best for a road warrior that would need to travel with a 15" laptop, tablet, and occasional change of clothes that can fit under an airplane seat? What say you THPers? Backpack, messenger bag, or something else...

I'm a backpack fan, myself.

Have a messenger and do use it for day trips, but anytime I'm out of town or flying, I'm grabbing a backpack.

I'm a backpack guy.

Messenger Bag. Absolutely LOVE my new one and it holds everything so organized.

Backpack. I had messenger bag for a while and the backpack is so much better IMO

Backpack

Definitely a backpack. Much easier for travel.

I have carried a backpack since I started teaching and coaching in 2010. It's more convenient. Also, has a place for my shoes(wrestling or golf).

I've traveled with both and prefer a backpack over messenger style bag personally. I found the backpack to be more comfortable and secure to carry, and was just easier for me to navigate when I had to access it.

Backpack for me. Recently switched and it took one trip into the city where I had to walk a bunch to never look back.

Is it a European carryall? :alien2:

Messenger Bag. Absolutely LOVE my new one and it holds everything so organized.

Being a frequent traveler with a less than stellar back I opt for non back pack. Here is a few options
Tumi 2 wheeled backpack
Tumi Wheeld garmet bag
Samsonite spinner mobile office
Samsonite wheeled backpack
Samsonite Business One Mobile Office

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I say backpack because they tend to be less expensive, and the storage feels less like one big pocket and more like many individualized pockets. Then again, I'm sure courier bags have come a long way since I was using them.

For your purposes, it's easily a backpack. I have both, but always travel with a backpack if I'm flying. I use the messenger bag for more professional settings.

I'm in the backpack camp for travel.
For day-to-day I prefer the messenger bag

Backpack for me and it's not even close. And I HATE backpacks. I park about a mile from my office and walk the rest of the way. After 10 years of trial and error, the backpack wins for ease of use and comfort. And there is literally no end when it comes to color and material choices. I have my Bridgestone "O'Carroll" backpack that I use most days; and I've been contemplating adding a nice leather backpack (that has a top grab handle for when I have to wear a suit) for work-related activities.

I have both- I use a single strap leather messenger for business and a backpack for everything else. For what it’s worth I’ve gone thru so many bags and my all time favorite travel backpack is the arteryx blade 20l. It’s very basic but a perfect size and very well organized.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Backpack vs messenger bag for laptops

Neither. Tumi briefcase bag (leather) hits indestructible, looks great, and their warranty basically is for life. It’s kind of a messenger bag style

So unless you 24....and want the back back....get this.
4b50ac1c6963da337427563ec08c4a15.jpg

Backpack, for sure. I'm currently using an eBags Professional Slim Laptop Backpack. Great for everyday use and travel.

backup supporter

Neither. Tumi briefcase bag (leather) hits indestructible, looks great, and their warranty basically is for life. It’s kind of a messenger bag style

So unless you 24....and want the back back....get this.
4b50ac1c6963da337427563ec08c4a15.jpg

Haha I wish I was still 24. I could move better back then

I've always preferred the messenger bag. However, when clothes and shoes are involved, a backpack definitely makes more sense.

Haha I wish I was still 24. I could move better back then

Banana yea no kidding. Honestly used to be a backpack guy but got some really weird looks walking into meetings with clients or prospects. One even asked me if I had just left a class of some sort. It was then I knew it was time to move on from the backpack

Thanks for all the awesome feedback!

Currently I have been rocking the 5.11 Lima for the past 5+ years. Its served me well, but when I wear it crossbody, it becomes a bit unruly so I'm looking for a change.

56177_026_02.jpg

https://www.511tactical.com/rush-delivery-lima.html

Even before this post, I was leaning heavily towards a backpack. I saw this one at the clubhouse with their logo on it and one of the pros there swears by it when he's on the road.

ae900bp-0bbk_1.jpg

https://www.travismathew.com/shop/accessories/luggage/travis-mathew-backpack.html

All my other travel luggage is Tumi, but I've never been a fan of their backpacks, messengers, or brief style bags.

Back