New England Members

you might be able to walk montaup which you passed in Portsmouth on your ride in

Green Valley is right around the corner from NN, but they have some low areas too so the soggy factor will be high

I can't imagine much of anything is open this early in the season with the rain we got overnight. Asking for the greens to get destroyed. Luckily it's sunny and warm today and things will dry quick.

Heading to OSL.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Just finished up 27 at OSL. Had to chip off some rust first few holes. Wind was howling also. Some of the pin placements were borderline ridiculous. Tops of ridges, some were one or two paces on at a steep downslope. Last 9 I started getting tired and back stiffened up. Overall a decent day. Still pissed I drove all the way to Newport National only to be turned away. I was looking forward to playing there.

Pin tucked way left on par 3. #3
189668e6536ee2db24ac75ca386c4e05.jpg

Pic doesn't quite show decline but placement was horrible.
1648cc5c7c4e6ba970af4cf5000e9f1e.jpg

Last edited:
New England Members

Just finished up 27 at OSL. Had to chip off some rust first few holes. Wind was howling also. Some of the pin placements were borderline ridiculous. Tops of ridges, some were one or two paces on at a steep downslope. Last 9 I started getting tired and back stiffened up. Overall a decent day. Still pissed I drove all the way to Newport National only to be turned away. I was looking forward to playing there.

Those are just the winter placements - trying to save the greens. I think half of them aren't even legal - too close to the fringe.

Luckily the folks there aren't usually too mean. But those greens are anything but flat.

I've seen that sucker pin placement on 3 during mid season. Wind is always right to left on that hole trying to push you in the water.

Rickterp and I are playing Easton CC on Sunday at 10:04 is anyone else is interested.

BUmping this up. One spot left.

@Russtopher this spot is calling your name... you know you want to.... do it...

I might be able to make this happen. I was going to try to find something closer to me but I'm betting that's unlikely.

If I wasn't in Connecticut for an indoor percussion competition, I'd be all over that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those in the Metro West area of MA, I see that there is a new indoor simulator coming on line in the center of Bellingham called Chamberlain Pines.

This is exciting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone know anything about Stoneham Oaks? Their number is disconnected. That's going to be my training ground this year. Looking to get there 2-3x a week this year for Iron/Short game practice.

This may be a long shot but has anyone tried the simulators at Pease Golf Course in Portsmouth, NH? Also, any recommendations for memberships around the Seacoast area of NH? I'm right next to Sagamore Hampton and I enjoy the course but feel there might be better. Wouldn't mind traveling to southern Maine either. Thanks.

We need to have a spring gathering some time in April or somthing

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Anything solid planned for next Sunday? I got my blessing from the bride to get a round in.

Like that the thread name changed, thanks! I should be around to get out next Sunday

In for a round Sunday needs to be before noon. I have to be at the airport at 5pm

I prefer to play early. I'm located on south shore but will travel an hour or so in any direction.

Pinehills open yet next weekend? South Shore CC has temp greens and not a lot others open. If TuT is in any suggestions in the middle? OSL will probably be open as well

Don't know about Pinehills but highly unlikely they'll have carts out and not feasible to walk those tracks. Ridder's and OSL are definitely open. Newport National is open as long as it doesn't rain...:banghead:
Crosswinds in Plymouth should be open.

Never played Ridder, looks closer than driving to Plymouth I'm in for that.

Never played Ridder, looks closer than driving to Plymouth I'm in for that.
Ridders is a wide open course. Not particularly long either. Not a bad idea for an early season round.

Back