Wilson Staff C200 Irons Review Thread

There is a Demo day tomorrow in Little Rock at EWatts, that I'm going to try out the C200's. I got a tweet from Wilson and luckily enough the event is tomorrow there. Looking forward to seeing how they compare to my XR Pros. Just got a conformation on my time for the fitting. Also get a free 2 ball sleeve of Duo Urethane just for trying the clubs . I will post my thoughts afterwards.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I'll be interested in hearing how they compare to your XR pros! What is your handicap Golfever?

I'll be interested in hearing how they compare to your XR pros! What is your handicap Golfever?
14 and trending lower. Lately I've been playing more and shooting in the low 80's.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

You are very fortunate to have a store that close to you especially with a Trackman! I have a fitting center about 2 hrs. away and some GS and Watts stores but none of them handles the different WS combinations on shafts. I can order clubs with knows specs or they will "fit me" without the benefit of a cart or different shaft combinations.
I did order a single 7 iron in graphite with my current specs (Titleist AP1) except for the hard-step and the WS feels OK. I took an expensive gamble that I could fit myself, just didn't work out.

Yes, I do consider myself fortunate, as well as my fellow Michiganders.
AndyCap pm'd me and I shared where the demo days are held near me. Fortunately, he may be in the area (2hr drive) and might be able to attend.
Agree, self-fitting for irons can be a painstaking and expensive process.
The store I go to added Trackman a few years ago and I was fortunate to participate in a free driver fitting.
They also did a free putter fitting and everyone received a SuperStroke of your choice, + free installation if you purchased that day.

Very interested in trying these but, with no Wilson presence within three hours of me, it is unlikely. I ordered the C100s (with custom shafts no less) last year without the benefit of a demo but on the basis of some very good reviews here. That was a very expensive lesson as I sold them pretty quickly (they felt terrible to me).

Feel is entirely subjective so I will only say the differences between these and the C100s in terms of feel are not small, at least from my perspective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't wait to see what their process is at Edwinn Watts tomorrow for my testing on these, signing up on the site with a time makes me assume they'll be a little more involved on it than just showing up and hitting, but time will tell.

Wilson Staff C200 Irons Review Thread

I can't wait to see what their process is at Edwinn Watts tomorrow for my testing on these, signing up on the site with a time makes me assume they'll be a little more involved on it than just showing up and hitting, but time will tell.

When I did the D200 challenge they had you bring your 7i and hit it side by side against the D200 7i. They had a couple guys on hand when I did it, Duffy and another fellow whose name I don't recall, and another guy in their truck. That way they could have someone there to do a fitting if you intend to buy and another to answer questions and handle the "tire kickers" who just wanted to do the challenge and check out some of the other offerings.

Post up how things go tomorrow!

Signed up for my demo fitting tomorrow at the Chicago golf show

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Signed up for my demo fitting tomorrow at the Chicago golf show

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

What time? I'm going to the show as well.

I grabbed the 1:30 slot. I've never been. Good deals to be had?

I had my demo today and these clubs are the real deal. I hit them so consistently I was ready to trade my clubs for those right now! If I could have afforded the difference between the two I would have a new set of Wilson's in the bag right now.
Amazingly enough, I hit several options of shafts, and kept coming back to stock KBS regular flex as the best feeling and performing.

Really interested to hear how this goes. I hit one in the sim at EW and had good feedback and saw a gain. At KickOffClassic, I had the opportunity to hit my 7i right next to the C200 7i. EXACT same shaft too! No contest. C200 was longer. Only regret? Not getting on the THP scope....... Looking forward to your results Icey!

JM

Feel is entirely subjective so I will only say the differences between these and the C100s in terms of feel are not small, at least from my perspective.

If you could expand on this, I would be grateful. Strangely, I do not consider myself a "feel" player (heck usually play Pings) but the set of C100s I had was like hitting a brick.

If you could expand on this, I would be grateful. Strangely, I do not consider myself a "feel" player (heck usually play Pings) but the set of C100s I had was like hitting a brick.
These C200's are nothing near a brick. You really feel how good the ball comes off the face. You really won't be disappointed with these clubs

Interesting to hear that. I actually just hit the C100's a couple of weeks ago and didn't think they felt bad at all.

But in terms of the C200's, they feel very nice. Explosively long and you can feel the power, but in general don't feel bad or lack any feel of impact. You can feel a miss as well as knowing when you really caught one. I thought they were enjoyable.

While a good performing stick, the 100s don't really give you a good sense of where on the face you struck the ball. It's either no feeling at all when you flush it, or else a bit of a dead feeling of I hit something, somewhere.

The 200s aren't like that at all. When you miss you get a good feedback as to where on the face you struck the ball. It's not a particularly harsh feeling like you would get with a muscle back, but it's definitely there. And ball speed retention is better across the board.

A couple of questions, gentlemen.

How is the durability of the C200's and or last years comparable models?

Everyone seems to love the GW in the C220 set, a must have it appears. The loft of the GW is 48, which seems low, especially considering their enhanced distance. So what other wedge lofts do you use to fill those gaps, especially if you went the graphite route?

I hit the C200's last weekend at Carl's in Plymouth, MI with MusicMaster and the decision has been made that my MT 588's will be replaced in the bag this year.

I hit the C200's last weekend at Carl's in Plymouth, MI with MusicMaster and the decision has been made that my MT 588's will be replaced in the bag this year.

Glad to hear your results were positive.

I'm heading to Carl's on Telegraph today to do my first demo.

AndyCap might be heading to Metro Detroit area for his trial today.

I checked on line this AM and there is a National Fitting Day about 5 min from my house, open slot right after work.
I signed up - I am excited to hit these bad boys!!

I checked on line this AM and there is a National Fitting Day about 5 min from my house, open slot right after work.

Fantastic!
Please share results.
Hit'em well!

A couple of questions, gentlemen.

How is the durability of the C200's and or last years comparable models?

Everyone seems to love the GW in the C220 set, a must have it appears. The loft of the GW is 48, which seems low, especially considering their enhanced distance. So what other wedge lofts do you use to fill those gaps, especially if you went the graphite route?

Durability wise they are wearing as expected. I don't have a ton or rounds on mine, maybe a dozen or so plus range sessions, but they are still in good shape.

As far as the gap wedge goes don't concern yourself too much with the loft. The ball gets up in the air quick and lands soft, and it's a good club from the fringe on out to full swing distance. It was the highest lofted wedge I carried in the Saturday round at StaffProto and I was able to use it to get up from several different lies, including out of the sand.

I finally saw a commercial for these things and it makes me want to hit them. Great job W/S.

Durability wise they are wearing as expected. I don't have a ton or rounds on mine, maybe a dozen or so plus range sessions, but they are still in good shape.

As far as the gap wedge goes don't concern yourself too much with the loft. The ball gets up in the air quick and lands soft, and it's a good club from the fringe on out to full swing distance. It was the highest lofted wedge I carried in the Saturday round at StaffProto and I was able to use it to get up from several different lies, including out of the sand.

Perfect info.
Excellent.
Thank you.

Different looks than your other iron sets, but they are really impressive irons.

Back