DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are nuts if you don't try and get into this local event. If you've been following you know why. So great to support a local OEM here.

Game changer!!!!

Speaking for myself, I've always wanted to participate in a Thp event since I joined (heck I was even a last min replacement for the Adams event in 2014 but couldn't attend due to work schedule).

I just started a new job this Jan and cannot request time off until probation period is over. Trust and believe that I will place my name in the hat once I can.

With that being said please don't bash DFW THPers if you don't see them trying to get into a particular event. As we all know everyone has a life and has their own issues. Let's be understanding and supportive rather calling people nuts.

My 2¢

Speaking for myself, I've always wanted to participate in a Thp event since I joined (heck I was even a last min replacement for the Adams event in 2014 but couldn't attend due to work schedule).

I just started a new job this Jan and cannot request time off until probation period is over. Trust and believe that I will place my name in the hat once I can.

With that being said please don't bash DFW THPers if you don't see them trying to get into a particular event. As we all know everyone has a life and has their own issues. Let's be understanding and supportive rather calling people nuts.

My 2¢
I agree with you on this. Not all of us have the luxury to be on THP 24/7. I have had a lot going on lately and havent been able to be on as much or sign up for certain events. Bashing us for not being as active or for not signing up for events doesnt help any. I love hanging out with you guys and consider you my friends, but please be a little more considerate and understanding.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Gents: it's not about 24/7. The event was in our backyard and even if someone wasn't able to follow live then they could catch up on what happened since Friday morning and share their thoughts.

Not meant to bash anyone at all.....but the complaints about THP not "coming to Texas" should stop after the lack of activity that has been exhibited. Simply stated, we've demonstrated very little that would encourage THP to host future events (or non official events here). And this is me speaking and my own opinion, not even remotely close to speaking on behalf of Josh and/or Morgan.

It's just disappointing to me personally (and I hold nothing against anyone) as I wish we had the support from the entire state that would drive a desire for THP to be in Texas every year....simply not the case.

My 2¢

I apologize if my excitement for an awesome THP event was interpreted as bashing to those that were not participating. I think once we get a round in together and you get to know me in person my statement and excitement for things like this will make more sense to you. The statement was also for the guys that don't normally venture out of the DFW thread into others. There are tons on threads out on THP and many things can get lost because as you said, there just isn't enough time to participate in everything. I encourage you to see statements like I made in more positive light than the negative. The only bashing I do to DFW'ers and/or THP'ers is all in fun on the course where tone can be interpreted and understood. Not on the silly internet. You are a welcome addition to the thread and site and glad you have been sticking around to discover all that goes on here.

I agree with you on this. Not all of us have the luxury to be on THP 24/7. I have had a lot going on lately and havent been able to be on as much or sign up for certain events. Bashing us for not being as active or for not signing up for events doesnt help any. I love hanging out with you guys and consider you my friends, but please be a little more considerate and understanding.

24/7?? LOL. If that was the case with me my post count would be 1,000,000,000+! :D Tapatalk has saved me so much time and effort in spot checking certain threads and responding quickly without being 24/7. Many bash the app but I love it for me and my personal life situations. Time saver and game changer. You also know me better than that to think bashing was going on by myself. #CMonMan!!!!

It's another beautiful day in DFW so enjoy the day boys!

Incredible weather today. Killed a hog at 630 am and was home and on the course by 1015

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Incredible weather today. Killed a hog at 630 am and was home and on the course by 1015

Sounds like a great day.....

After seeing the excitment and participation that previous events (official and non-official) have had like Adams and the East Texas masters i think it is hard to say that there is a lack of activity. The dates may not have worked for people. I am sure that it will ramp up after seeing what happened in this event for sure. Having been to UST and fitted by them into my Attas 6s I am comfortable in saying that the event will be enjoyed for sure, but also having done that I didnt want to take the opportunity away from someone else. I am dying to get out an play golf more right now and be at events but between school and both jobs I am doing good to see my family right now.

All that to say, afaik there hasnt been an event in Texas that wasnt filled and I have little doubt that will change. This is still by far my favorite group of people to hang out with, but it seems to have been a really tough 12ish months for quite a few here. I am grateful that THP has brought us all together as friends and without it that wouldnt have happened. I miss all of you and look forward to our next time out whether it is THP sponsored or not.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Nate and Cookie - your enthusiasm is infectious and I don't read any negativity into your posts. Kid stuff, wife stuff, work stuff has a way of taking priority for many and I'm sure that is what is happening here.

For this event I think others with a less fakakta swing then mine will benefit more. There are other events that are more up my alley but some of the social media participation make them no Bueno for me.

I'm starting to have some time to check in again. Been competently covered for over a month now.
I miss being in DFW. And now Taylor is back in town. DFW just got bumped up a notch.
I want to come back.

Hey fellas, just want to apologize for yesterday's rant. I have been very stressed out these past couple of months with dealing with my car accident and finding a house. Yesterday around lunch, our agent called to inform us that the seller of the house we were going to buy, backed out. The wife and I were very upset and it spilled over to here. Again, Im sorry for that. I consider you guys my good friends and if not for THP, that would not have been possible.

Hey fellas, just want to apologize for yesterday's rant. I have been very stressed out these past couple of months with dealing with my car accident and finding a house. Yesterday around lunch, our agent called to inform us that the seller of the house we were going to buy, backed out. The wife and I were very upset and it spilled over to here. Again, Im sorry for that. I consider you guys my good friends and if not for THP, that would not have been possible.

No worries bro, no ill will taken from the post or intended from me. You know we are just passionate and want the best for the Texas THP'ers, and hope to keep THP wanting to return here on a frequent basis.

No worries Dru! Sorry to hear about all the other, and know how that can bleed into all aspects of life. On the real estate deal I would not go quietly. Look up the term specific performance in Texas. Talk to your agent about it, and take it to whatever level you deem appropriate from there.

Hey fellow DFW THP'ers. My buddy and I are going to be down in your neck of the woods. We are playing Frisco Lakes, Friday at 1:48 and Coyote Ridge this Saturday at 8:00. If you would be interested in joining us just let me know and I will get you added.

We are playing the tribute and old American Thursday and Friday morning...super psyched as the weather looking like 30-40 degrees better down there than in MPLS.

I apologize if my excitement for an awesome THP event was interpreted as bashing to those that were not participating. I think once we get a round in together and you get to know me in person my statement and excitement for things like this will make more sense to you. The statement was also for the guys that don't normally venture out of the DFW thread into others. There are tons on threads out on THP and many things can get lost because as you said, there just isn't enough time to participate in everything. I encourage you to see statements like I made in more positive light than the negative. The only bashing I do to DFW'ers and/or THP'ers is all in fun on the course where tone can be interpreted and understood. Not on the silly internet. You are a welcome addition to the thread and site and glad you have been sticking around to discover all that goes on here.

Make me deal on that 915 D2 head lol, but in all seriousness I hope we can all move forward from this issue in a positive light. I like Thp and all it has to offer and the DFW THPers that I've met are awesome. Nate I accept you apology and look forward to getting a round in with you. Trust, I see the excitement in yourself, #cookie, and JB in that you want the DFW crew to be participants in local events.
Maybe there was a issue prior to me joining in regards to DFW THPers not supporting or having a issue with a lack of Texas events. With that said I apologize.

I try to live a positive life and golf is a fun outlet. Personally when I see things that remove that aspect of fun and has negative vibe I speak on it to hopefully inspire change to something positive or just remove myself from the situation.

Like I stated earlier I understand where y'all are coming from and why you do it I just think the way you present your message of "motivation" could be tailored in a more supportive fashion.

With that being said which DFW'ers are going to join me and sign up for the 3rd leg of the shaft spectacular?

Nate make me deal on that 915 D2 head...lol

It's just disappointing to me personally (and I hold nothing against anyone) as I wish we had the support from the entire state that would drive a desire for THP to be in Texas every year....simply not the case.

So your issue isn't just with DFW it's all of Texas THPers? If so, what do you think could be done to get everyone on board?

So your issue isn't just with DFW it's all of Texas THPers? If so, what do you think could be done to get everyone on board?

I'm hesitant to call it an "issue" but I do wish there was more support from the entire state.

Simply stated: there was much "venting" by Texas THP'ers of no (or not enough) THP events coming to Texas based on the number of members that we have here and successes of past events. We just had a kickass opportunity with UST (first of six which is incredible) and the vast majority of Texas THP'ers haven't opened the live update thread yet alone posted in it.

We can't stomp our feet and get angry that there aren't events here when we don't actively support the activities that THP does bring here. I know some just want to sign up for an event, show up and enjoy it, then call it a day......doesn't work like that. Well I guess it does as it'll be a "one and done" type of thing.

Again, just my take - not speaking for anyone else. Heck, look at regional rivalry......it quickly proved that we don't have the numbers that we think or that we used to have.

What can be done? I'm not sure....I do what I can to welcome and meet new THP'ers that are local all the time. This place means different things to different people...to some it's just a website and that's fine. To some, it's years of efforts, travel, and incredible friendships made while having some of the most enjoyable time of their lives on the golf course. But I'm rambling now....

I'm hesitant to call it an "issue" but I do wish there was more support from the entire state.

Simply stated: there was much "venting" by Texas THP'ers of no (or not enough) THP events coming to Texas based on the number of members that we have here and successes of past events. We just had a kickass opportunity with UST (first of six which is incredible) and the vast majority of Texas THP'ers haven't opened the live update thread yet alone posted in it.

We can't stomp our feet and get angry that there aren't events here when we don't actively support the activities that THP does bring here. I know some just want to sign up for an event, show up and enjoy it, then call it a day......doesn't work like that. Well I guess it does as it'll be a "one and done" type of thing.

Again, just my take - not speaking for anyone else. Heck, look at regional rivalry......it quickly proved that we don't have the numbers that we think or that we used to have.

What can be done? I'm not sure....I do what I can to welcome and meet new THP'ers that are local all the time. This place means different things to different people...to some it's just a website and that's fine. To some, it's years of efforts, travel, and incredible friendships made while having some of the most enjoyable time of their lives on the golf course. But I'm rambling now....

Let's be honest, there was a five alarm sh-- fit thrown last year.

You bust your ass welcoming and meeting people dude, you SHOW people what this place is to you, and what it can be to others if they want it to. #Cookie needs to keep being #Cookie.

Make me deal on that 915 D2 head lol, but in all seriousness I hope we can all move forward from this issue in a positive light. I like Thp and all it has to offer and the DFW THPers that I've met are awesome. Nate I accept you apology and look forward to getting a round in with you. Trust, I see the excitement in yourself, #cookie, and JB in that you want the DFW crew to be participants in local events.
Maybe there was a issue prior to me joining in regards to DFW THPers not supporting or having a issue with a lack of Texas events. With that said I apologize.

I try to live a positive life and golf is a fun outlet. Personally when I see things that remove that aspect of fun and has negative vibe I speak on it to hopefully inspire change to something positive or just remove myself from the situation.

Like I stated earlier I understand where y'all are coming from and why you do it I just think the way you present your message of "motivation" could be tailored in a more supportive fashion.

With that being said which DFW'ers are going to join me and sign up for the 3rd leg of the shaft spectacular?

Nate make me deal on that 915 D2 head...lol

Just lowered the price to $150 way below the bay listings! Deal is good!

Just know this. Most of us here in DFW/HTown get excited when THP brings these great events to our backyard. I know guys around here don't want that to change because they know how awesome these events are. Heck, we would be happy with just THP golf outings over a weekend if that's all it was. I just want guys from the area in these events here to show support for these local OEM's and to THP.

You fish? When the biting is good you get those lines in and out of the water as fast as you can. Right now, the fish are biting here locally and myself and others want to keep the fishing biting for years to come!

Shoot me a PM for the driver head! :D

While there are quite a few THPers that participate in this site and its events, there are not many that put in as much effort as you man, both at THP in general and in TX. I certainly appreciate it as I am sure many others do. As for me, life in general and an insane travel schedule just don't permit me to participate in events as much as I would like. But it is certainly fun to follow the threads and watch other people having a fantastic time at THP events. This place is just frieking awesome!

I had a big post I was working on, but decided against it.

So I changed over to this.
1e4b61ddceb32d946aa57d0a0cf16281.jpg

3a07017904b39e40312591bc0564ec5d.jpg

This isn't Texas golf that I'm playing now. Got to say I liked it.
Pain free and I had a blast.
The shot of the green is my fairway bunker shot. I'm just past the flag. This Florida golf isn't bad. I know this was a mediocre course, but I need to play. A little tighter than what we normally see, but it's fun.

I had a big post I was working on, but decided against it.

So I changed over to this.
1e4b61ddceb32d946aa57d0a0cf16281.jpg

3a07017904b39e40312591bc0564ec5d.jpg

This isn't Texas golf that I'm playing now. Got to say I liked it.
Pain free and I had a blast.
The shot of the green is my fairway bunker shot. I'm just past the flag. This Florida golf isn't bad. I know this was a mediocre course, but I need to play. A little tighter than what we normally see, but it's fun.

Glad to see you back out on the course Eddie!!.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back