THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

My picks since I'm way behind

Robozeo-great guy, a blast to play with, has game and drives a ton to get out and play with THPers and made himself part of the northeast contingent

Cbaker- dudes got a solid game and just plays his game no matter what others in his group are doing. Will be a solid rock for the team.

Robman- the guy always has fun on the course and knows how to make his way around and score. Needs to get on a big stage and show what he's got.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Howdy yall...2 more days to go

Howdy yall...2 more days to go
We are in Texas now, eh?

2 days for the captains to have their stomachs in their throats. 2 more days for hopefuls to use their magical ways of persuasion.

We are in Texas now, eh?

2 days for the captains to have their stomachs in their throats. 2 more days for hopefuls to use their magical ways of persuasion.

I'm gonna piggyback off of someone a captain said in a different regional rivalry thread. If someone is waiting to make a last second push what does that say about their prep for the event?

I'm gonna piggyback off of someone a captain said in a different regional rivalry thread. If someone is waiting to make a last second push what does that say about their prep for the event?
Good question. My answer might be jaded.

They either haven't started or think they haven't done enough already to get their status where they want it to be.

Just my safe in-the-event opinion.

We are in Texas now, eh?

Ban this man since is obv from Canada, eh

Personally I have a training schedule going forward to get my golf the way I want. Mostly mild cardio, body weight exercises and stretching until I decide what range membership I am taking so I can have unlimited range time and balls.

Waiting to make a push in regards to starting and they honestly are lost. Now if they mean continuing their prep hats off.

Ban this man since is obv from Canada, eh
The funny thing is that you can see Canada from about 2 miles east of my house. There's a solid Canadian contingent here as well as some displaced Canadians living in the South of Canada now.

It means their heart is in the wrong place, I've never prepped for an event my prep runs year long. My game is never perfect there is always room for improvement to be made.

"By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail."

"Preparation-if not the key to being a genius, at least the key to sounding like a genius"

"Lack of preparation on your part does not constitute an emergency on our part."

Maybe a little cliche but all very true and honest statements.

2012BFT and I were getting in some RR practice today at demo days! Even walked away with some swag and two awesome putters! #TeamMichigan #OhowIHateOhio

It means their heart is in the wrong place, I've never prepped for an event my prep runs year long. My game is never perfect there is always room for improvement to be made.
While I know what you mean I sort of disagree. Knowing the date and lead up time is important especially if you are going in to this season thinking of changing anything. You need about 2 months at 40 hours a week of golf to really ingrain any change. From there you want a month to test it out under pressure. All of these things you can plan around.

While I know what you mean I sort of disagree. Knowing the date and lead up time is important especially if you are going in to this season thinking of changing anything. You need about 2 months at 40 hours a week of golf to really ingrain any change. From there you want a month to test it out under pressure. All of these things you can plan around.

I wonder how many of us play golf for a living

Change 40 hours to 20 hours a week then.

Going 12 in a 35
Pure Michigan

45cce202ae3eeb67165c943987414952.jpg

Change 40 hours to 20 hours a week then.

It's all beside the point. The point of the statement is if someone wasn't willing to put the time and mostly the effort to be active on the forum and show their interest in being on a team in this event in the last three months or so leading up to captains selections what does that say about how they will approach the event. If I was a captain I would want guys who have wanted this the whole time, not just guys who are cramming at the last minute.

Regardless, it's not my decision and I'm 99% happy it's not. The only good thing for the captains is the fact that they're in the event for sure.

Ignore everything I said then. For some reason I was thinking preparing in terms of just golf. If someone hasn't been active on the forum and shows up today then obv this isn't important to them.

Ignore everything I said then. For some reason I was thinking preparing in turns of just golf. If someone hasn't been active on the forum and shows up today then obv this isn't important to them.

Other than in the case of being new I would agree

"Lack of preparation on your part does not constitute an emergency on our part."

My personal favorite right there...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As long as you remember to wash the salt off the bottom of your car every week.

You boys realize this conversation about training, practicing, etc leading up to an event would make a pretty good thread, right?

2 pages of talking about it here, why not make a thread and get, you know, the forum involved?

I will make one for sure once I start the actual grind.

You boys realize this conversation about training, practicing, etc leading up to an event would make a pretty good thread, right?

2 pages of talking about it here, why not make a thread and get, you know, the forum involved?

Training, practicing etc wasn't what I intended to bring up. Trying not to turn this into a local banter thread or live round update thread or whatever. I was just bringing up something another captain brought up in a different regional rivalry thread that's all

Back