Leftyuk

Reaction score
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
Handicap
Off to be fitted for new irons on Monday.

I will be promised that I will be hitting my seven iron the same distance as my six iron...….which may be true, especially if I buy Titleist AP1's . Because a Titleist AP1 seven iron is a 30 degree loft, same as a AP3 six iron. How do the manufacturers get away with promising extra length, when all they do is scrub out the 6 and replace with a 7. It leaves a huge gap between 9 iron and my 48 degree wedge.

I like Titleist irons, may go for the CB's, or go back to Ping. Ping are even worse , with their 7 iron at 29.5 degrees and 9 iron at 39 degrees.

Muttering will be started soon.:at-wits-end:

It leaves a huge gap between 9 iron and my 48 degree wedge.

Fighting this with my new Apex set right now between the PW and my 50*. I'm having to bend the 50* to 48* to help close the gap a little. Not ready to buy all new wedges.

Why not weaken the loft of the new irons instead? Irons are for precision, not to be hit as far as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just have fun with the fitting and get something that meets your eye and you feel comfortable with. Don't worry about the # on the bottom of the club. Try every brand you can.

The number on the sole has so much more into it than just distance. :deadhorse:

Try other brands too, you never know what can happen.

Back