Shortening Big Bertha Fusion Fairway Wood

LONGBALL777

Reaction score
Handicap
Love my Fusion driver, and want to get a matching FW. I got the heavy version of the driver (-1", 7 extra grams in head). I also want to cut my FW down 1 inch, which Cally preowned will do for me, but I know I will also have to increase headweight. Has anyone done this, and how?
Cally says weight in FW, which seems to be the same weight in the driver, is not removable in the FW.

The Fusion has a weight in the rear that could potentially be replaced with a heavier weight. I'm not sure what weights are available for that head. You could also add some lead tape or even do some internal weighting in the head with hot melt or something like that. You might want to contact Callaway about the possible replacement weights that might work in the fairway weights but the easiest way is simply lead tape.

The Fusion has a weight in the rear that could potentially be replaced with a heavier weight. I'm not sure what weights are available for that head. You could also add some lead tape or even do some internal weighting in the head with hot melt or something like that. You might want to contact Callaway about the possible replacement weights that might work in the fairway weights but the easiest way is simply lead tape.

+1
e.png

Unfortunately, the weight is not changeable, according to Cally Preowned. Kind of strange, as it looks just like the weight in the driver, which is changeable. The rep there also said he had no idea how to get different weights for me. Maybe he just didn't want to be bothered, as other on this forum have said the weights are available through CPO. Trying not to go the lead tape route, as it has a tendency to fall off in the middle of a round.
Was really trying to see if anyone had been able to change the weight on the sole.

Back