Status
Not open for further replies.

ojosdegatonegro

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm not a great golfer yet, so I'm not looking to drop a ton of money on a new putter.

For 30 bucks I found a bunch of options at Ebay. Also brand new putters.

So my question is: Would you choose a Orlimar or Powerbilt brand new putter over an Oddisey or Taylormade used one in a "good" condition?

My recommendation is the Cleveland Huntington Beach line, under $100 and fantastic putters.

Odyssey for me at that price.. I might even have one around I can try and track down (if you're RH)

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Putters are very person specific. Feel, balance is very personnel. You really need to roll some putters if you can.

If you're just starting out and don't mind a little cosmetically challenged putter, then go with the Odyssey or TM. Like greekelite said above, I'm sure many guys have putters that'd fit the bill. Just wait here and you'll get plenty that have stuff to help out.

Post up a pic or description of what suits your eye and you'll get plenty of support.

Just realized, you're in Columbia. Unless you have a connection in the States, shipping is gonna be steep. I just did a quote for <=42" and length + girth max 79" for 4lbs and it quoted $58.50 for shipping. Even a free putter turns out to be a bit of a purchase with that shipping cost. Good luck.

Depends on what shape you like, but for the money, you can’t beat the Cleveland Huntington Beach putters.

The best putter I ever had was a very cheap blade putter ($5) and it worked better for me than any other putter I have had since. I got rid of it because people were mocking it so I spent good money on a new mallet putter at Golf Galaxy. Worst putter I ever owned. So I went on ebay and found a putter similar to that cheap putter I use to have and it too is works really well for me. You can have the cheapest putter there is, or the most expensive putter there is as long as you find what works for you.

The best putter I ever had was a very cheap blade putter ($5) and it worked better for me than any other putter I have had since. I got rid of it because people were mocking it so I spent good money on a new mallet putter at Golf Galaxy. Worst putter I ever owned. So I went on ebay and found a putter similar to that cheap putter I use to have and it too is works really well for me. You can have the cheapest putter there is, or the most expensive putter there is as long as you find what works for you.
That's pretty much my situation right now. I'm RH and own an unbranded blade. A couple of times I played with a mallet type and I had a better feeling so I want to give it a try, but I'm not completely sure. That's the reason I don't want to spend so much money

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Just realized, you're in Columbia. Unless you have a connection in the States, shipping is gonna be steep. I just did a quote for <=42" and length + girth max 79" for 4lbs and it quoted $58.50 for shipping. Even a free putter turns out to be a bit of a purchase with that shipping cost. Good luck.
I'm aware of that so I'm looking for the better local carrier service. Thanks.

Buy a used SeeMore. FGP or FGP2 are both great options and should be able to get them in good shape used for no more than $50. They have the alignment benefit of RST (Rifle Scope Technology) and are face balanced at impact to help you square the face. Big help for golfers at all levels.

At that price I'm looking at Odyssey. They have some great cheap options from over the years that would be a perfect putter.

I'm not a great golfer yet, so I'm not looking to drop a ton of money on a new putter.
For 30 bucks I found a bunch of options at Ebay. Also brand new putters.
So my question is: Would you choose a Orlimar or Powerbilt brand new putter over an Oddisey or Taylormade used one in a "good" condition?

I'd lean towards what I know which would be Odyssey or TaylorMade, but that's personal preference.

Then again, if you want a great deal on a putter, check for "SeeMore" on eBay. Not only can they be had for excellent prices, they serve as a fantastic putter for those learning the game with alignment.

My recommendation is the Cleveland Huntington Beach line, under $100 and fantastic putters.

Yep. This. All day long. Can even find them used for 50-60 bucks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buy a used SeeMore. FGP or FGP2 are both great options and should be able to get them in good shape used for no more than $50. They have the alignment benefit of RST (Rifle Scope Technology) and are face balanced at impact to help you square the face. Big help for golfers at all levels.

I'd lean towards what I know which would be Odyssey or TaylorMade, but that's personal preference.

Then again, if you want a great deal on a putter, check for "SeeMore" on eBay. Not only can they be had for excellent prices, they serve as a fantastic putter for those learning the game with alignment.

Love the idea of getting a SeeMore - even if only to use as a practice tool. Stick with the "Face Balanced At Impact" models: FGP (blade) or mid mallet (FGP2, FGP mallet).
I'd avoid the really cheap ones - those are old models & might not work very well (the company was purchased & reorganized in the 1990's-200's? and I can't vouch for the older models.

The Cleveland Huntington Beach line is good, also their 2135 models. Cleveland putters are a really good value!

Well, I just wanna say thanks to all for your opinions.

Right now my head is spinning around but your comments opened my eyes in new directions.

Today I was practicing with my unbranded putt and something deep in my heart tells me to wait a little bit, maybe this cheap putt fits me.

But then, after missing a few holes, I blamed the putt. Maybe is not tool's fault but worker's.

I'll let you know if I make a choice.

I've waiting for a few weeks to close this thread. So this is it. I can't wait to be at the course. Thanks to everybody for the comments.
61455baf626f9b944deb6e8acb32e695.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back