Thanks, in for a sleeve.

Just received an email saying my sleeve is in the mail.

10,000 free sleeves gone!!!!

I am a fan of the Elixir ball, as I have said previously. I tried to get a free sleeve today but missed out. I got a free sleeve (paid shipping) a while back and really enjoyed them. Sometimes you can find OnCore balls on Amazon for $20/box. At least, I have a couple of times in the past.

Got my confirmation email today as well

Got my OnCore Elix balls in the mail today. I look forward to trying them out. So far my impressions are. They are round,white and the graphics are unique. I appreciate the gesture to let me try them.

Good way to get them in golfers hands. If one in 10 like them and make them their primary ball, it’ll be a good investment for them.

I missed out (day late and dollar short, almost always), but I don’t need to buy balls in 2019... or 2020... or 2021. If my oldest boy, Tyler the Shanker, plays a lot I may have to look at buying some in 2022. Otherwise I’m probably set until 2025 or so. Not that I won’t buy balls. There are normal rounds and meaningful rounds. Meaningful rounds I play AVX. I hit a drive last year that defied belief with this lower spinning ball. At 39 years old at the time, it was the second longest drive ive ever hit (that I’ve ever GPS confirmed). No cart path but a lot of factors involved (creates a ridge, wind at the back, and hard/fast conditions).

Normal rounds I play whatever I grab on my way out. I also like to try new things. So I’ll try all new balls this year to see if anything can supplant the AVX for meaningful rounds. Of most curiosity, the ERC. So those are taking a test drive at some point. Sounds a lot like the AVX. I don’t need much in the way of stopping power, mainly just a little check from 50 yards in. Full swings with anything, super spinny balls are too much. I’d probably play a surlyn ball, but at 20 yards with a wedge I can’t get them to stop where I want them when I’m short sided.

Received mine today.

Received mine and initial impression it seems like a quality golfball. Bright white, vivid graphics on the ball, nice packaging. Doesn't feel like a cheap ball. Good first impression.

Whenever the word free is used, there's always some sort of catch. That's why I steer clear of "free"

What was the catch? Pay for shipping? They have your email address for spam marketing? :D

What was the catch? Pay for shipping? They have your email address for spam marketing? :D

You stated what the catch was - They have your email address for spam marketing?

Received mine a couple of weeks ago. Yes, they look like quality balls but have yet to play them. We'll see.

Got my shipping notification yesterday so should see them soon.

Received mine today. Curious how they work for me on the course.

Got my free balls today. Have to say they look and feel better then I expected. I am definitely interested to see how they perform.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Received mine yesterday, now I can't wait for the weather to cooperate so I can get out and use them. Had a sleeve last year and really enjoyed playing the ELIXR. Good feel and distance, it held the greens very well for my game (I don't spin the ball much).

Got mine yesterday as well. I could easily look it up but is this a 3 piece or 4 piece ball?

Received mine yesterday. Forgot to take them today but they are in the bag to try during tomorrows round.

Got mine last week. I played one for 9 holes during my round last week. I was duly impressed. 5 strokes better with this ball than the front 9 which I played with a Truvis. Granted my game was off more on the front 9. Two shots with the Elixr stood out though. Both were full wedge shots. One of my playing partners saw both shots come into the green and commented each of them took a couple of hops and then stopped dead. Some good spin can be had with this ball.

I hope to use this ball again during tomorrow's round though it is predicted to be quite windy...

Back