2016 Gauntlet Extra Rounds Thread

I would be down for lunch if it saved a few bucks. Not playing a PM round.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Question for the people interested in a round at Desert Forest Friday AM -

I am starting to put together my request for the tee times.

I am working on getting a discounted rate - I have no idea how that will go over.

I was wondering (and I have no idea if this is possible) if anyone wants to grab lunch at the club after the round? If you are interested, I could propose that to the board as part of a "package" for the round. This would mean that a second round on Friday would be hard to fit in, so I understand if anyone or everyone is not interested.

Please post or send me a pm if you are interested in lunch.

I'd be interested in lunch!

I'll be interested in lunch as long as the food is good. Haha

Food and unlimited Soda/Tea/Lemonade. Booze is not included. Here is a sample of the menu.

Southern Selection Menu
- Fried Chicken Sliders
- Chopped Brisket Sliders with Topgolf BBQ Mop Sauce - Southern Cole Slaw with Cilantro Dressing
- Assorted Kettle Chips
- Bottomless soda, iced tea, coffee and water
This sounds real good!

Updated the first post.

I am going to plan on Talking Stick for the Thursday PM round so it will be closer to Top Golf for everyone participating in both.

TopGolf will start at 7:00 on Thursday PM. If there are some stragglers it should not be an issue.

For the Friday PM Round, I am going to book everyone at SunRidge Canyon. It's a fantastic track and less then 8 miles from We-Ko-Pa. Should prevent any issues with those making the Friday Meet & Greet.

For the Monday AM round I will leave that to Spivey to handle right now as it's just him and wubears71. If it grows we can make formal arrangements.
Sounds like a plan.

I've got a travel question for y'all. Do most airlines typically charge for golf travel bags? My flight is through AA, and I suspect I'm going get hit with a $35 bag fee for my sticks.

Southwest does not charge for two bags. I try to use them when flying w clubs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got a travel question for y'all. Do most airlines typically charge for golf travel bags? My flight is through AA, and I suspect I'm going get hit with a $35 bag fee for my sticks.

Like Spivey said, Southwest is the option I use. You can use one of your two free checked bags on a golf bag.

I just saw that active duty military can check in up to 3 bags at no additional cost so I should be good to go!

Hey there Spivey , I'm up for lunch after the round at Desert Forest, thanks !!

I'm down for whatever on Friday.

What time is everyone thinking for the Thursday PM round?

I'm down for whatever on Friday.

What time is everyone thinking for the Thursday PM round?
BUMP for anyone interested, but not on the list currently, for a Thursday afternoon round.

I think around 1 or 2 pm would be good - we could go straight to TopGolf if we play Talking Stick - the course and TopGolf are on the same property.

BUMP for anyone interested, but not on the list currently, for a Thursday afternoon round.

I think around 1 or 2 pm would be good - we could go straight to TopGolf if we play Talking Stick - the course and TopGolf are on the same property.
Damn. Flight gets in about 12:35. For sure won't be able to make it.
I'll meet you boys at TopGolf.

80 more days fellas.

Travel booked.

I'm now leaving REALLY early in the morning and will be there around 9:30. So, if people get together for a Thursday round at Talking Stick I could be in for that, though I'm wondering if I should get some rest as it will be a busy few days.

Fup, I'm in for the event at Top Golf. Happy to PayPal you the $75 now if you need.

Spivey - I'm not planning on an afternoon round on Friday, so lunch sounds great. At the club or anywhere else around.

I think that covers everything. Can't wait for this!

I'm probably out for lunch on Friday.
As you mentioned, I will probably need to get over to SunRidge for the afternoon round.

Thanks for the offer though Spivey!

I'm getting in Wednesday evening. Anyone interested in a morning round on Thursday at the other 18 hole course at Talking Stick?

I'm getting in Wednesday evening. Anyone interested in a morning round on Thursday at the other 18 hole course at Talking Stick?

Or a early tee time at we-Ko-pa to test it out?

Or a early tee time at we-Ko-pa to test it out?

I will be booking my flight this weekend or early next week.. My plan is to come in on Wednesday afternoon.. so I'm interested in a Thursday morning round.

Just an interesting side note -

I played my course today with a gentlemen who is a Golf Digest rater, from UT. Said his handicap is a 1.

He played WeKoPa (don't know which course) Tuesday and said he shot 70.

I do not know what his final score was, but he shot 49 on the back. No birdies all day. I think he lost 4 balls.

I post this, in case you were wondering, because it seems that the Friday practice round is probably good prep for the competition.

Just an interesting side note -

I played my course today with a gentlemen who is a Golf Digest rater, from UT. Said his handicap is a 1.

He played WeKoPa (don't know which course) Tuesday and said he shot 70.

I do not know what his final score was, but he shot 49 on the back. No birdies all day. I think he lost 4 balls.

I post this, in case you were wondering, because it seems that the Friday practice round is probably good prep for the competition.

Loving the gamesmanship Dave!

Nice weather here in KC for the next few weeks so lots of practice/play on the horizon.

#TeamStripeShow
#TheGauntlet2016
#mynewmd3saremoney

Finally booked my flight and car rental.

I'm going to be arriving Wednesday evening and flying out Monday morning.

Count me in for the Thursday PM round!

Sent from my SM-G928W8 using Tapatalk

It's only been 16 days since I got in, feels like 100 years ago with 100 years left to wait.

Back