What are you "weird" about?

millsan1

I've figured this game out! Oh wait, no I haven't
Reaction score
Handicap
14?
I was just taking care of my cash and realized I'm weird about cash.

Any money in my wallet needs to be in value order, and all the bills must be in the same direction and orientation.

Another weird one I have is any time I am spreading something on bread, mayo, butter, mustard, etc, I must make it even and cover the entire face of the bread.

How about you?

Expiration dates. I know that foods are still fine after them but I just don't do it.

Having a baseball players mind, there are all KINDS of things I'm weirded out about or superstitious of. Its also a fine line bordering on OCD lol

When I play golf I have to have my pitch tool, one tee, and one ball in my right pocket, all other pockets empty. I would put that in the superstitious category.

Weirded out, ketchup on scrambled eggs... that's just plain psychotic! I can't even watch it being eaten.

Hanging clothes, they all need to be facing the same way.

Weirded out, ketchup on scrambled eggs... that's just plain psychotic! I can't even watch it being eaten.
I'll go one step further. I am totally weirded out with cold ketchup. Just something about refrigerated ketchup that gives me the willies...

- Organized refrigerator and pantry
- OCD level attention to detail prepping my meals daily
- Same items in the same pockets every time I golf
- Still fold my undershirts the way I learned to in boot camp 19 years ago

There's definitely more, but overall I'm a pretty orderly person, which is easily seen as 'weird'. I prefer to look at it as doing things right :wink:.

I wouldn't say I am weird, but I am orderly/OCD. I need things in their place, organized and available when I go looking for them.

- my socks are rolled up and separated based on use
- Undershirts folded
- clothes are hung a certain way and color coordinated in my closet
- money is folded and ordered a certain way

probably more, but that's what comes to mind

If I make a sandwich, the mustard or mayo can't touch the cheese!

I won't eat food that isn't made by either me, my parents, or brother.
Doesn't apply to restaurant food.

But pot-luck, anything like that, even at family gatherings, I won't eat anything that isn't direct family made.

Others?
Left sock on first always, if I grab the right sock (ie. wrong sock), I put it down and go for the left.

I don't think anything listed here is that weird. Some of them make perfect sense.

I'm weird about the money thing too. All bills have to be in facing the same direction in a descending order back to front.

In the words of the great Michael Scott...."I'm not superstitious, but I'm a little stitious". I won't hit a golf ball off an orange colored tee.

Too many to list. I have a diagnosed case of OCD, so like others have said, I am an orderly person and everything has it's place. I also have weird rules for food, but that could take me an hour to post.

I’m the same way with bills in my wallet. Always face up and forward and ascending denomination haha.

I was just taking care of my cash and realized I'm weird about cash.

Any money in my wallet needs to be in value order, and all the bills must be in the same direction and orientation.

Another weird one I have is any time I am spreading something on bread, mayo, butter, mustard, etc, I must make it even and cover the entire face of the bread.

How about you?

Neither of those is in the slightest bit weird to me. In fact I don't understand how people cannot face and have some sort of order to their cash is astonishing to me. So to me, I would rephrase the question, what are you particular about? I am particular about both of those things, as well as my golf bag. I have a 14 way bag for a reason and I have it organized in a certain manner. When people take a club out (another thing, please ask) and then jam it into to another slot.... this does not sit well with me.

But at home I am an absolute slob. I am trying to get better about it, but I could care less about most things when it comes to organization.

Expiration dates. I know that foods are still fine after them but I just don't do it.

yeah, most items are fine quite a ways after the dates they put on their. I also think that is why many have changed it from expiration dates to best by dates. When I do my shopping I always check for things that are close to expiring and have a 50% discount on them since I am a cheap SOB who isn't the least concerned about the expiration date.

I have to put my socks on before my pants. I don't like the feeling of the material against my bare feet and ankles.

yeah, most items are fine quite a ways after the dates they put on their. I also think that is why many have changed it from expiration dates to best by dates. When I do my shopping I always check for things that are close to expiring and have a 50% discount on them since I am a cheap SOB who isn't the least concerned about the expiration date.

I always tell my girlfriend that date is just a suggestion and the food is fine.

I also have weird rules for food, but that could take me an hour to post.

I feel you on that! Just give it to me plain and let me sort it out.

I'm weird about always being punctual and on time and am overly annoyed by people who aren't.

I'm also weird about having other people's feet touch me - gives me the heebie jeebies

I eat peanut M&Ms two at a time and they can't be the same color, same with gummy bears, which have to be Haribo brand. The Christmas M&Ms that are only green and red, if there's not an even number of each, there's a bunch I don't eat.

My (now)wife thought I was joking when she moved in and I asked her to make sure that when she tears paper products with perforations, to make sure that they tear cleanly.

A lot of things I do frequently have to be done in the same order, or I start over.

I always tell my girlfriend that date is just a suggestion and the food is fine.

I feel you on that! Just give it to me plain and let me sort it out.

Expiration dates are just liability escape clauses for food companies. :wink:

You guys are weird. So glad I am perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I won't eat food that isn't made by either me, my parents, or brother.
Doesn't apply to restaurant food.

But pot-luck, anything like that, even at family gatherings, I won't eat anything that isn't direct family made.

Others?
Left sock on first always, if I grab the right sock (ie. wrong sock), I put it down and go for the left.

That's not weird. That's safe.
Food poisoning via potluck is never fun.

Back