Saintnine Golf Balls

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

Saintnine, a rising leader in the international golf ball industry, has introduced its premium, high-performance product lines into the U.S. market. With its successful launch at the PGA Merchandise Show in January, Saintnine, which offers multiple product options to meet the needs of a wide spectrum of golfers, is gaining recognition with players and retailers coast to coast.

“Saintnine is known around the world for the performance characteristics and appealing, inspirational designs of its golf balls,” said Timothy Chae, CEO of Saintnine. “Now we are pleased to present the opportunity for American golfers to discover how Saintnine can enhance their games, too, bringing more pleasure and satisfaction to the playing experience.”

Select Saintnine golf balls are marked with a graphic “mental mate,” a colorful character invoking a characteristic that can improve one’s game, in keeping with the company motto: “Strong Mind, Strong Game.” The mental mates, part of the Saintnine story, include: Confidence, Calm, Focus, Endurance, Competitiveness, Joy, Focus, Positivity and Trust.

SaintnineMixSingleBallsmaller-1.jpg

About Saintnine

Saintnine, founded in 2012, derives its name from the inspiration of St Andrews, Scotland, widely recognized as the home of golf. Whether playing nine or 18 holes, or any combination or variety of the game, golfers worldwide enjoy experiencing the game with all its challenges and rewards. Mindful of the inspirational history of golf and the willpower players need to reach their potential, Saintnine manufactures golf balls that provide both state-of-the-art technical qualities and intriguing motivational designs to help golfers play their best.

Saintnine plans to grow globally as a forward-thinking company offering high-quality performance and feel golf balls that enhance players’ concentration.

Saintnine is owned by Nexen Tire, one of the largest tire manufacturers in the world.

Hmm, well that’s an interesting jump into the already crowded ball market stateside...

Hmm, well that’s an interesting jump into the already crowded ball market stateside...

Yeah. Interesting is a good word. I dig the characters, at least in a photo, no idea what I’d think playing them. It’s different for sure.

Yeah. Interesting is a good word. I dig the characters, at least in a photo, no idea what I’d think playing them. It’s different for sure.

Isn’t it funny now how matte finish is EEEEEEVERYWHERE?

Do the characters correlate to the kind of ball, ex competitiveness is the top tier line ball better golfers would use, calm maybe the softest ball, etc? Haha semi kidding, semi inquisitive on it

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I actually really like it, but yeah, if a company doesn’t have a matte option it feels like they’re missing something.

• Admin
Do the characters correlate to the kind of ball, ex competitiveness is the top tier line ball better golfers would use, calm maybe the softest ball, etc? Haha semi kidding, semi inquisitive on it

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Not necessarily. Their ES Gold and Black appear to be their tour level golf balls and based on the packaging, they have a number of "mates".

EXBLACK.webp

I actually really like it, but yeah, if a company doesn’t have a matte option it feels like they’re missing something.

Yep, and somewhere Volvik is hating seeing the finis everywhere hahaha

That script is huge. It's great for consumers to have options, but it's going to be a pass from me.

Not my cup of tea. With so many great balls already out there and some at great prices i'll just stick to what I know.

To many choices!! Don’t have the time or inclination to test all these different offerings. I hope they do well though!

That script is huge. It's great for consumers to have options, but it's going to be a pass from me.

Its an interesting one. On one hand, you have another tire company getting involved (think Bridgestone, Srixon, etc). On the other hand, they seem to put the "mates" ahead of the tech, which seems to be fairly solid, at least on paper. Nexen is a pretty big company, formerly Woosung and publicly traded in Korea, so I understand the venture. Maybe like a few other things, it is about being noticed in a sea of white dimples. That I can totally understand, I just don't think in the states, it plays off the same as it does in their home country.

Interesting. Not my cup of tea, seems more like something people would buy as a gift or as a joke

Not only was I thinking the same thing, I'll go one further and think that one ball plant is producing this under different retail names.
Volvik really started something - I'll give them credit for that.

Interesting seeing and learning about different balls but these would not be ones I would be itching to try. Script too big and the logo make it a pass for me.

A ball for my collection sure, why not. A ball I would play...nope.

A ball for my collection sure, why not. A ball I would play...nope.

Curious, what makes it a "no play" for you in particular?

T“Now we are pleased to present the opportunity for American golfers to discover how Saintnine can enhance their games, too, bringing more pleasure and satisfaction to the playing experience.”

Select Saintnine golf balls are marked with a graphic “mental mate,” a colorful character invoking a characteristic that can improve one’s game, in keeping with the company motto: “Strong Mind, Strong Game.” The mental mates, part of the Saintnine story, include: Confidence, Calm, Focus, Endurance, Competitiveness, Joy, Focus, Positivity and Trust.

........... On the other hand, they seem to put the "mates" ahead of the tech ........

My first thought was "probably play well in California" (I can say that, I live in this goofy state!) ....... you know, it's not about performance, it's about how you FEEL about your ball, or how your ball makes you feel ....... really appears to be one of those "Style over Substance" things to me.

Logos look good, curious about the performance - parent company means materials will be top notch

I’ve put a lot of Nexen tires on cars and to be honest they may not be a Michelin, they are a quality budget tire. I don’t know how well they will do in the US market, but if they offer a tour quality ball at a cheaper than the direct to consumer companies they might sell some here. If not, I’ll wait for them to go on clearence.

Interesting balls. Seems like a pack you would grab at in a resort gift shop that isn't really attached to a course. Great motto, and hope they end up doing well.

Logos look good, curious about the performance - parent company means materials will be top notch

Have 3 doz of the X inbound - excited to try the mental mates and see if I can get any help with distance off the tee in some end of year scrambles we're playing in

Very curious about the materials based on the parent company

Have 3 doz of the X inbound - excited to try the mental mates and see if I can get any help with distance off the tee in some end of year scrambles we're playing in

Very curious about the materials based on the parent company

It will be interesting to hear your feedback.

Back