Has anyone ever pulled a ZION with their golf shoes

annsguy

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
My3Kids
The endless replays of Zion shoe explosion made me wonder if anyone had ever had anything similar happen with their golf shoes. With the amount of torque on the back and thru swing its puts a lot of stress on the shoe. Plus most golf shoes are glued between the upper and the sole and not stitched around the sole. I have seen the heel separate from the sole which I assumes was from wear and maybe moisture from early rounds.

Yes I have. 4th or 5th hole at moody gardens in Galveston. The hole runs adjacent to the golf shop. We drove over to the right side rough, I jumped thru the bushes, walked in and bought a pair of FJ proSL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This was a couple years ago. Had an old pair of old FootJoys that were wayyyy past their time to hang em up. They were in the back of my SUV with my clubs for some reason and got invited to play after work one day. 3rd Hole take my tee shot and slip for some reason, which I had never done in them and look down and the sole of the shoe is hanging down and my sock is wet.

Yes. Oakley Cipher 2

What a horrible shoe that was....

I have not, and my busted old ankles are thankful.

Not golf, but I had a similar experience with an old pair of bowling shoes. The sole separated from the shoe as I was making my approach. The front of it caught and tripped me up. I remember thinking, "Why am I falling down?".

Oh, and I got a strike on that ball too. :banana:

Nope, I've had shoes fall apart on me, but that was from wear/tear or defect, not my swing.

Fortunately, I didn't have problems with my good old Zions... But its time to buy new shoes and after reading your reviews I think about others...

I've had multiple cleats snap out of a pair of FootJoys on one swing, which probably saved my left knee from certain destruction.

The endless replays of Zion shoe explosion made me wonder if anyone had ever had anything similar happen with their golf shoes. With the amount of torque on the back and thru swing its puts a lot of stress on the shoe. Plus most golf shoes are glued between the upper and the sole and not stitched around the sole. I have seen the heel separate from the sole which I assumes was from wear and maybe moisture from early rounds.

What is a Zion shoe explosion? Is that the dude from Duke?

Big time when I did a "walk a mile in her shoes" charity even last August!
Screen Shot 2019-02-22 at 10.58.13 AM.png

Didn't have a blowout with Nike golf shoes but did have a pair that the soles came 'un-glued'; really hard to walk with the sole flapping around, felt like i was wearing a deep seas divers flippers.

I had a buddy that had some shoe issues on a family vacation we all went on together. We were set up to play most days while wives and kids went to the pool or lake.

He brings his funky old golf sandals and after one 6:45am round on a wet golf course they were so nasty that he left them behind. The next day he wears his golf shoes, old saddle style. By the end of the front 9 one of the soles has fallen off and its flopping around, which was quite comical...

Yes, I have but only with with some cheap Converse basket shoes in HS, not with golf shoes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not with my golf shoes, but it's happened to me with basketball shoes and soccer cleats

a lot of lateral stress will do that

Back