Trying to Break 80 Club

Kicked 80 in the nards today with a 77 from 6450 in the muck. A couple birdies offset my one double bogey. My driver was hot today and just powered my way around the course missing only 3 fairways by a small amount.

wtg dude!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kicked 80 in the nards today with a 77 from 6450 in the muck. A couple birdies offset my one double bogey. My driver was hot today and just powered my way around the course missing only 3 fairways by a small amount.
That is fabulous. Congrats!

You're playing nicely lately man!

I need to get back in here. I have had a number of 80's rounds but just not frequently sniffing the low 80's. Some work to do.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Averaging mid 80's at the moment, anywhere between 84 and 87 and worst over the past 2 months. I know I'm just having those couple of bad holes or poor choice shots keeping me away from that 80 mark atm. My handicap has been coming in dramatically so must be doing something right.

I hope to break into this thread this year. I broke 90 on the regular last year and towards the end of the year was hovering in the mid 80s every time out. I'm right around that 40-42 range per nine and I think improving my short game is gonna push me into that next level.

My last 6 rounds have been in the 80s. I feeling very confident this is the year I break into the 70s. I need to clean up some mental errors around the green and hit just 2 or so more greens a round to get there I think.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

My last two rounds have been 84's I had the round of my life going on about 2 months ago.. Even par after 7 holes with 3 birdies. I decided I should hit a draw into the 159 yard par 3 over water.. In the water. bogied the last hole for a 39, then shot a 44 on the back. I made it my goal to break 80 by summer and my putting has been average to below. Have a new ping b65 and think this will help.

79 today at course I've never played particularly well. Playing solid golf is just so much freaking fun I didn't even notice the rain.
2 Doubles
2 Birdies
13 GIR

Yeah, I am bumping this thread.

39/40 79 today. I think this is the third round of the year under 80 GHIN, but first one truly under 80.

One birdie. One triple bogey (ball in the water). One green side bunker.

Should have been better. Driver was not very good, putting was pretty good, irons were solid!

My first two rounds have shown promise toward doing this again. I'm excited.

My first two rounds have shown promise toward doing this again. I'm excited.
Very excited to hear this. I'm looking forward to our next round.

I'm still spending most of my time in the Breaking 90 thread but am sneaking up on this one. Shot 42 this weekend on the back 9 at my home course with 16 putts. Need to increase GIRs (only had 3) to really have a shot at living in the Breaking 80 thread.

I'm in! I've broken 80 playing casual rounds, and consistently do it with my combined 9 hole rounds, but I've never done it in a tournament round. I want to do it this year!

Good luck to all, first of all.

I have broke it only once on a confidence course. I want to do it again on more of a consistent basis. My goal this year is to hit more GIRs, giving me more opportunities to get birdies. Two rounds into the season, I have posted 82, and 86 (very windy). I'm feeling really confident I can do this again, this year.

First two rounds of the year; 89 and 94. Putting is the letdown right now (44 putts on the 94). To be expected when no course has cut a green yet this year. Promising; consistency off the tee, hitting solid shots. Areas for improvement; putting obviously, need to hit more GIR, wedge game has much to be desired. Some nice weather looks to be on it's way, so some range work and hopefully some time for grass to grow and for courses to mow/roll their greens should help. Also looking into fitting in some new irons (my pings are 20 years old :bulgy-eyes:) within the next couple of months.

Will be following along Indy. Good luck.

Will be following along Indy. Good luck.
Thanks JB. Should be a fun ride trying to juggle fatherhood and improving the golf game for the first time. Might turn into a great one handed putter.

Thanks JB. Should be a fun ride trying to juggle fatherhood and improving the golf game for the first time. Might turn into a great one handed putter.

I have complete faith in you. Okay, maybe not complete faith, but as much faith as you can have for someone you have not met, but at the same time they are a THPer, so you know they are awesome. :D

I have complete faith in you. Okay, maybe not complete faith, but as much faith as you can have for someone you have not met, but at the same time they are a THPer, so you know they are awesome. :D

Awesome is accurate. Biggest determination of score is directly proportional to the time of when the first beer is cracked.

3 rounds at the end of my last golf month were 84's. I 3putted a few greens and know with my new ping, i am excited about this year. One of those rounds was on a saturday. Started on the back. First 7 holes even par. Two bogies two birdies.. Then I decided i needed to try and hit a draw on a par 3 over water.. ended up with 5 and bogied the last for a 39. The only thing stopping me from breaking 80 is myself.

Dan

To get to my goal, I'm focusing on three things. Driver. Wedges 100 and in. And putting. These will get 90 percent of my practice, because I figure if I'm driving well, playing well from 100 and in, and putting well (>30 putts in 18 holes) I'll be breaking 80 consistently.

41/41-82.

I really should have done it easily today but I just couldn't get the ball in the hole.

Scored better than I played today, but a 78 with some absolutely ferocious wind is a pretty damn good feeling!

I will get to post a score in this thread, just have to stop making dumb mistakes. :banghead:

Forgot to post earlier.
38/41 79 on Tuesday. Two birdies, one triple and two lost balls. It was a solid iron striking day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back