What’s Your Go To Angry-Golfer Move?

EltyGolfs

Reaction score
Handicap
In light of the ridiculous display by Bryson DeChambeau (here’s a link if you haven’t seen it https://twitter.com/oddschecker/status/1098861953697660929?s=21 )

I thought I would ask this question, when your really upset after a golf shot what is your go-to move?

Personally I’m a big fan of looking at what club I hit in disbelief and saying “good lord Elty, your trash at this game”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely some kind of extreme sarcasm like "man you are so great at golf" or something such as that. Given I'm mediocre to begin with, it has to be a pretty ridiculously bad shot though to elicit emotion.

I light up a cigarette and crack open another beer.

Usually just a "Phuck me" and walk to my next golf shot to cool off.

If it's a full swing shot I'll just chew myself out, if I'm putting I'll call myself a girls name.

From me, it's usually a "you dumba**!" or a "nice shot, d*ckhead!"

Usually just make fun of myself and say make sure I tell my playing partners how bad I am

I'm one of those guys that drops the club behind my back at the end of my follow through while saying "and that's why you suck dumba**".

I usually reference coitus and excrement.

Ya for me its calling myself a dumbarse .

Start talking to myself. Usually involves some form of explicit language and self belittling.

Aggravated: usually my 1-5 bad shots/mishits, a little cursing along with an eye roll
Angry: usually 5-10 bad shots/mishits an exaggerated hard swing sweeping the ground
Pissed is slamming another ball down and taking a drop right then and there...at this point my score is irrelevant anyway..lol

Ten years ago it would have been to throw something or break something. Old guy me will just stand there and take in the horrific results of the short term, but often occuring breakdown in mechanics.

I just offer myself a sarcastic, "clutch shot, kid."

If I am anywhere close to water, the offending ball will usually be tossed into the drink!

Profanity, and lots of it!!

I light up a cigarette and crack open another beer.

I take a fireball shot and say damn that antifreeze hurts going down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the tendency to let go of my club, and toss it to the side after impact. I think when I was first starting to play, I saw Tiger do this, and it just stuck with me.

I'm always aware of my surroundings, as to be sure I don't hurt anyone or my clubs.

I just yell my own name, angrily. Not sure why I do that.

I just use my club to beat the living daylights out of the other 3 in my group. Strangely enough I find that speeds up play too.... so its a win win :)

But really,...I can do anything from tossing a club to cursing myself or often I'll just laugh out loud at myself. That last one is the best one cause it eases all feelings.

I just yell my own name, angrily. Not sure why I do that.

My friend Jeff does the same thing, yelling out "Jeffrey!" And every time he does it, I ask if he's channeling his mom. :act-up:

I've been known to slam or throw a club in the past (never on the green or fairway).

Now I just pick my ball up and move on to the next hole.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I generally just stand there and stare in amazement until I can manage to say, "That's not at all what I was trying to do."

Never been a club slammer or thrower. I cringe when I see my friends do it.

Back