I wouldn't want to piss someone off that is holding one of those weapons

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Not a fan of their website photos, but they do have some good looking stuff on their Instagram page, love that they are made in Canada but this is too rich for me.
2528f2d8c79c1a751d9a7734d79612a9.jpg

I’ll be honest, I’d take one of these over a Swag or Lamb in a heartbeat. They’re priced ok for the market they’re in, and at least they’re doing something interesting. I’m not sold that their crazy pointy angles are better than anyone else, but they’re certainly more interesting.

I’ll be honest, I’d take one of these over a Swag or Lamb in a heartbeat. They’re priced ok for the market they’re in, and at least they’re doing something interesting. I’m not sold that their crazy pointy angles are better than anyone else, but they’re certainly more interesting.
You buy a lamb...I'll buy this heap of metal and then we can trade (just don't make it a weirdo lefty version)

Is there a reason or “tech” for the pointy parts or just trying to create something that stands out?

It’s different for sure but likely a hard pass for me.

Is there a reason or “tech” for the pointy parts or just trying to create something that stands out?

It’s different for sure but likely a hard pass for me.

the Flange Mountain is used for alignment.

IMG_3710_copper_address_large.jpg

Is it stupid expensive?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ah just looked it up and not crazy but high.
Maybe they should go in the headcover business...

Hey THP CREW!

Geom Putters here. Incredible to catch up on this thread and read all the comments. Pretty great stuff.

So, what you’re looking at in this thread is our blade putter “blank”. It’s where our blade putters start, but certainly not where they end. The concept here is we start with the CNC milled blank, then we customize and shape from there exactly to the players specs. The blank was designed so that all aspects of customization can be achieved by grinding/shaping the club Head by hand. To understand our inspiration for this concept, we’re trying to take what National Custom is doing with forged irons and wedges, and apply that to putter heads. TO BE CLEAR, we are not saying we are even remotely at that level of skill, Golf knowledge or expertise, but that concept of complete customization for each player ground by a craftsmen from a forged blank, is the concept we’re attempting to execute on.

Also, the blank was designed so that regardless of the grind, the mass (COG) of the club Head stays directly behind center of the ball, following the peak of the geometric muscle pad at the back of the blade. We call that alignment aid “Prismetric Sightlines”. Generally, at address, that peak divides the light and provides a two subtle contrasting surfaces that help in alignment.

The blank is also milled with “Waffle Face Grooves” which aid in the buttery feel, and getting the ball rolling immediately.

But, beyond the obviously polarizing visual design, is the undeniable feel. I won’t tell you, but if you chat with anyone who’s rolled one, they’ll tell you.

The fact is, there are tons of incredible craftsmen creating the most beautiful anser style blades, TP Mills style blades, and heel shafted flanged blades. We wanted to offer something that is first of all different, and secondly, could offer each player a level of customization they don’t get anywhere else. We’re not talking about just stamping and paint fill, each player actually participates in the “functional” design of the golf club, not just the decoration.

Any questions, feel free to ask.

Fairways and greens, friends of golf.

Garret, Fornder of Geom Putters

looks like a rendering of a putter head in n64 007

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hey THP CREW!

Geom Putters here. Incredible to catch up on this thread and read all the comments. Pretty great stuff.

So, what you’re looking at in this thread is our blade putter “blank”. It’s where our blade putters start, but certainly not where they end. The concept here is we start with the CNC milled blank, then we customize and shape from there exactly to the players specs. The blank was designed so that all aspects of customization can be achieved by grinding/shaping the club Head by hand. To understand our inspiration for this concept, we’re trying to take what National Custom is doing with forged irons and wedges, and apply that to putter heads. TO BE CLEAR, we are not saying we are even remotely at that level of skill, Golf knowledge or expertise, but that concept of complete customization for each player ground by a craftsmen from a forged blank, is the concept we’re attempting to execute on.

Also, the blank was designed so that regardless of the grind, the mass (COG) of the club Head stays directly behind center of the ball, following the peak of the geometric muscle pad at the back of the blade. We call that alignment aid “Prismetric Sightlines”. Generally, at address, that peak divides the light and provides a two subtle contrasting surfaces that help in alignment.

The blank is also milled with “Waffle Face Grooves” which aid in the buttery feel, and getting the ball rolling immediately.

But, beyond the obviously polarizing visual design, is the undeniable feel. I won’t tell you, but if you chat with anyone who’s rolled one, they’ll tell you.

The fact is, there are tons of incredible craftsmen creating the most beautiful anser style blades, TP Mills style blades, and heel shafted flanged blades. We wanted to offer something that is first of all different, and secondly, could offer each player a level of customization they don’t get anywhere else. We’re not talking about just stamping and paint fill, each player actually participates in the “functional” design of the golf club, not just the decoration.

Welcome to THP! I applaud you guys for doing something very different in a tight market. I was looking at your website and Instagram page and really like how you let the buyer be involved in the process. I enjoyed looking through the Instagram pictures and seeing some of the options out there.

I'm curious though, are there certain performance aspects of the putters you're most proud of?

Hey THP CREW! We’re not talking about just stamping and paint fill, each player actually participates in the “functional” design of the golf club, not just the decoration.

Garret,

Your website lists 400 to 450 gram head weights. When producing a putter how light of a head weight are you able to achieve ? For example, is 330 gram head weight available ?

Hard pass for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to THP! I applaud you guys for doing something very different in a tight market. I was looking at your website and Instagram page and really like how you let the buyer be involved in the process. I enjoyed looking through the Instagram pictures and seeing some of the options out there.

I'm curious though, are there certain performance aspects of the putters you're most proud of?

1. The confidence

The blank allows for so many possibilities. We’ve ground heads that range in looks and weight for all kinds of players. This isn’t a tangible performance aspect... but when a player helps create the club, they have confidence and pride... we believe that helps you sink putts.

2. The feel

honestly... you gotta roll one. I have a player on mini tours right now using one, and he spoke very eloquently about the feel, roll, and feedback on mishits.

Garret,

Your website lists 400 to 450 gram head weights. When producing a putter how light of a head weight are you able to achieve ? For example, is 330 gram head weight available ?

Completely in the realm of possibility.

the Flange Mountain is used for alignment.

IMG_3710_copper_address_large.jpg

Exactly... we call this "Prismetric Sightlines". The shape of the muscle back divides the light and gives you a subtle, yet effective alignment aid.

Ah just looked it up and not crazy but high.
Maybe they should go in the headcover business...

Appreciate your perspective.

Certainly interesting looking. That one picture looks like it could be a chipper but it couple be the angle of the photo

So, what you might be referring to there is our Mallet concept. We've applied the same principles we used in designing our blades to Mallets. Coming soon.

It’s awesome looking but i wonder if having a point like that 2/3 of the way down the head in the sole is going to create some quality of strike issues?

Generally, after consultation with the client, grinding and shaping, most sharp edges that MAY interact with the turf are softened and blended.

I like the looks need to see at address to make a decision

The "view" at address is really up to each player. Would you like to see something like a NewPort, or a Rossie, or an 8802, or a Calamity. All in the realm of possibility.

The "view" at address is really up to each player. Would you like to see something like a NewPort, or a Rossie, or an 8802, or a Calamity. All in the realm of possibility.

I love the look of the ones pictured above. The craftsmanship and uniqueness is superb.

You had me at Rossie

Ok ok so the sharp angles aren’t necessarily the end product...got it. Those are some sharp looking putters you just posted

Back