Callaway SuperSoft gripe

Reaction score
Handicap
My favorite ball for the price and my default.

That said, I cannot finish a hole with a new ball and not have it be scuffed. Is it just me, or are they less durable than most?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That said, I cannot finish a hole with a new ball and not have it be scuffed. Is it just me, or are they less durable than most?

I've never played a SuperSoft.
For the past couple of months I've been playing ChromeSoft, which I've found to be a great performing ball, but not as durable as my previous ball, the Titleist Pro V1.

I've played supersoft on numerous occasions over the past few iterations of the ball and I've never noticed premature scuffing as an issue. Do you know what's causing the scuffing? Does it make the ball unplayable?

I played that ball last year before moving to the Duo U and had no durability issues. I played eighteen holes with the same ball and it was like new. I was playing the 2017 ball so the 18 and 19 balls could be different.

Interesting. I gamed the Supersoft for a couple seasons and never had any durability issues. Heck I’d say it was one of the more durable balls out there.

I played that ball last year before moving to the Duo U and had no durability issues. I played eighteen holes with the same ball and it was like new. I was playing the 2017 ball so the 18 and 19 balls could be different.

Back to the old Triton, ehh!:) You should try out a a Wilson tip into that Rogue Silver. That’s what mine came with and while loud as hell (only hit it indoors), it was the lowest spin driver (Regular, not long drive) that I’ve ever hit. I still kick myself some for not hitting it outside. Coupled with the AVX, I’m thinking I’d have some 400 yard wind at the back whoppers thrown in. Sigh. If only it didn’t make me think a flashbang was thrown in my stall inside. Now I can’t find the combo. Lots of Rogue Blacks still out there, but that Tx silver shaft was a beauty.

Back