Women’s Equipment Advice

Cfrick13

Reaction score
Handicap
My girlfriend is looking into a set. She has golfed and isn’t bad, but looking for a good starter set for her that is budget friendly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always ask myself if I was getting into golf, what would I want to start with. Then start there.

We lucked out with my wife's set. She rented while we were on vacation and ended up loving the set of irons she had so we ended up buying those. For woods, I took JB's suggestion above and ended up getting her in some Callaway woods.

I bought an iron set for a female friend last winter. If she’s just starting out, find something with forgiving faces and easy to swing shafts. I’m not a huge fan (I know, they’ve improved, but still) of graphite for men. Graphite shafts for ladies make a lot more sense to me. If you want some specific examples I’ll look on eBay and give you links. If you do want them, please provide driver SS or carry and 7i carry so I can be as informed as possible. But it would be hard to go wrong with very forgiving clubheads and modern graphite shafts.

Golf is more fun when you have a chance to do it well. Don’t provide unforgiving irons to a beginner. It a flushed club goes 130 you want slight mishits to go 110, not 75.

I bought an iron set for a female friend last winter. If she’s just starting out, find something with forgiving faces and easy to swing shafts. I’m not a huge fan (I know, they’ve improved, but still) of graphite for men. Graphite shafts for ladies make a lot more sense to me. If you want some specific examples I’ll look on eBay and give you links. If you do want them, please provide driver SS or carry and 7i carry so I can be as informed as possible. But it would be hard to go wrong with very forgiving clubheads and modern graphite shafts.

Golf is more fun when you have a chance to do it well. Don’t provide unforgiving irons to a beginner. It a flushed club goes 130 you want slight mishits to go 110, not 75.

Thanks. I agree..do you have any certain set in mind? Just curious on what it’ll cost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back