SKLZ "Golf Strong" Program - THP Review

Well, I hope you get a commission because you just made a sale. Thanks for the info!

Yeah buddy, #TeamRookie is going to be GOLF STRONG :D

Not that I'm aware of, at least not safely IMO.

1283941777_watermelon-slingshot-to-the-face.gif

Thanks for the 15% coupon ... if you don't use it, you lose it, and I need it back.

First workout of week 2 is in the books. Let's see if I'm just as sore tomorrow as I was last week.

I'm not as sore today as I was last week after doing the distance phase 1. My lats and glutes and hamstrings are a little sore. But not bad. Looking forward to the next one again tomorrow. Was more flowing now that I knew what exercises to do.

Keep up the good info gents. If I didn't have some expenditures coming, I'd jump on this.

Can somebody play a round of golf, do a work out and then go back and play another round. I'm wondering if there are immediate gains or loses.

Can somebody play a round of golf, do a work out and then go back and play another round. I'm wondering if there are immediate gains or loses.
If I didn't have a job I could get right on that hahahaha

Seriously though, if it was only stretching based I think you might immediately see something like that but this program is more than that. There's a reason it's six weeks imo, and it's as with any other type of work out out there, it takes time to truly see legitimate gains through a flexibility AND strength program.

Second workout of week 2 is tonight. I'm looking forward to it. I believe we had another person start the workout last night. Certifi_able... Well dude, What's up?

I haven't played after a work out or anything yet. I don't feel that it instantly has helped with my flexibility yet. I did play 18 and did the workout afterwards. It was just the flexibility phase 1 tho. Which is pretty simple. I'm anxious to see the difference in my shoulder flexibility when the program is finished. I can see myself getting stronger bands and doing the program again once I'm finished. As well as using a few of the workouts as pre round stretching.

Second workout of the second week is in the books. Getting much better at balance. All of these exercises focuses on keeping good posture and balance.

Hey wait a minute. Is that the key to accuracy? I'm thinking so.

Started the program this week and all I can say is I"m so sore". Thinking I'm gonna do a repeat on week 1 now that I'm getting the routine down.

Good stuff guys!

Knocked out Accuracy Phase 1 today and will finish week 3 with Flexibility Phase 1 tomorrow. Overall I'm feeling great, and I'm excited about moving on to Phase 2. I've been trying to figure out a way to measure improvement, but I haven't come up with a concrete method as of yet.

Phase 1 is complete! Looking forward to starting Phase 2 next week.

is there anywhere to just get the DVD/video instruction? I have pretty much all of the gear lying around already

Wasn't able to do my 3rd workout of week 2 yesterday. So, I will be doing it tonight. And starting week 3 on weds. I'm looking forward to getting through week 3 to see what Phase 2 has in store for me.

As far as gauging progress, for me when the exercise is easier to do, that's progress.

is there anywhere to just get the DVD/video instruction? I have pretty much all of the gear lying around already

the people that purchased it have digital access to the videos online.

Links to Previous Posts:

Original Post w/ Images and Info: Click HERE
Introduction: Click HERE
Workout #1 - Phase #1 - Distance : Click HERE
Workout #2 - Phase #1 Accuracy: Click HERE

Week 2 - Phase #1 - Second Week Recap

Alright! First off, I want to apologize for the lack of constant updates the last couple of weeks, way too many really difficult times for me and my family to count lead to a couple of snafu's in terms of keeping up with the feedback. That said, I did complete week 2 of Phase #1 last week and wanted to touch base with everyone on thoughts.

I really am enjoying this, a lot. As documented throughout this thread by many it isn't that its hard, because it really isn't. Now, for me it CAN be frustrating, but in the way that I am frustrated at my lack of coordination within the exercises...some of the balance oriented ones make me look silly! With all that said though, week 2 was WAY better than week 1 for me.

Overall I really felt comfortable with all of the movements, orientations, and orders of the workouts this week and it made a huge difference in my focus. There wasn't as much learning on the fly this week as there was focusing on getting reps in correctly and really pushing myself. I have definitely noticed my flexibility getting a bit better, but more than that my endurance is improving, this current week (week 3 for me now) I am definitely going to either up the band strengths or double wrap them to increase resistance, just as the program intends you to do, which is something I really like, its ADAPTABLE.

I won't lie, I'm sort of looking forward to Phase #2 with a weary eye, curious of what weeks 4-6 hold. Either way, IMO, there is a lot of value here for those who want to gain balance, flexibility, and some strength through exercise committed to GOLF MOVEMENTS. Its not picking up and putting down, its making me work the muscles and groups that I need in a a swing from BOTH SIDES, and that is what I might like the most.

More soon!

I have really enjoyed following this Jman.

I have really enjoyed following this Jman.

Thank you good sir. I apologize on the lull of updates, but you know that like backhanded me the last couple weeks.

That said, I love that I'm committed to 45 mins and I just get up and do it because it really goes fast. Nothing to kill me like with Insanity or P90X I have done some in the past, instead its all completely applicable to my love of this game and wanting to improve my body for it.

I just completed Distance Phase 2. For those of you who haven't yet, stand by to stand by! It's a good one. Enjoy :D

Last edited:
Did my repeat of the week 1 phase 1 like I had mentioned earlier and did the accuracy workout last night. It all seemed easier when I was going through it. This morning my hips and knees are feeling it for sure. But in a good way if that makes sense.

Did my repeat of the week 1 phase 1 like I had mentioned earlier and did the accuracy workout last night. It all seemed easier when I was going through it. This morning my hips and knees are feeling it for sure. But in a good way if that makes sense.

Makes perfect sense. I've begun to realize how bag my hips really are/were.

I've unfortunately been swamped by work travel and helping ill family members and haven't had a chance to do this since the end of week 2 and I'm honestly missing it. I'm debating on whether I should start over or pick back up at week 3, I'm leaning toward starting over. It definitely won't hurt anything.

Back