PRGR Egg Spoon 3W - Anyone try one of these?

greg19

Reaction score
Handicap
Growing!
As you may know, I love to dabble and try out different clubs. I saw this a few years ago and found it to be interesting. I’m not much of a 3W off the or the deck type of player but I figured I’d give it a try. It looks strange, it feels strange, and yes I find it difficult to hit consistently. When you do catch it right it does go a long way! I still throw it in the bag every now and then but I honestly just don’t hit any 3 wood well and just usually smash (for me it’s a smash) my 3 iron when I need to chew up some yardage.

I’ve let ArtM give it a try on he course but I think it’s more of a club that you need to put in some range time with first instead of just pulling from someone else’s bag and putting it.

9806ebb3fbc205e4253a053beac42cf6.jpg

6b60d483213b4c6112fdb854bf2c3cd3.jpg

e2335470aa274008286caedbc43e3a28.jpg

39a263f811e8a83cb6f83e9d14a49420.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, now that one is wild!

Never hit that, but I hit the pee out of the Hopkins Tour Spoon back a few years ago.

Never have, lol. Not as crazy as Jack Hammers offerings :), but still wild. Doubt it would help me much, I’m still in love with my 816 DBD Alpha 3+, and hit it as far off the deck as I hit driver (if into wind). Bullets all day long, unless I mess up.

But that design is certainly something else?? I’d like a range session for sure to see what it could do.

What sound comes off of that badboy?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

This is like the Cleveland Launcher on steroids.

I know nothing about this club, but I know I want one. I like strange stuff, and anything named after a kitchen gadget gets bonus points from me.

Isn't it kind of similar to the old Cleveland HiBore? Never owned or hit one but remember them looking somewhat close in pictures.

Isn't it kind of similar to the old Cleveland HiBore? Never owned or hit one but remember them looking somewhat close in pictures.
I think that's what I was thinking of. My friend had one and gave off a dreadful high pitched ping sound. But man the ball went far. That's why I asked Greg about it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

If you want me to let me borrow it is could test it for the weekdays on the sim to see how it’s compares. Maybe I could get you in for a session if you wanted to see for yourself. Greg you have too many clubs...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you want me to let me borrow it is could test it for the weekdays on the sim to see how it’s compares. Maybe I could get you in for a session if you wanted to see for yourself. Greg you have too many clubs...

One can never have too many clubs!

I have 2. I think they are ok. Reminded me of the old Cleveland Hibore fairway woods.

There was never any doubt in my mind that you have hit these before. I love seeing all of your JDM clubs!

Back