Marketing for TaylorMade M2 Fairway Wood

We as a public had some recent clamoring for robot testing to back up marketing claims. We got that. The M2 is longer than the RBZ. Awesome. Why not market it?

Good for Taylormade for recognizing an opportunity. Even better on Taylormade for making a product that the public seems to want to buy.

Distance claims by club manufacturers are the least appealing marketing to me.

I feel the same way...I even went out and got the TM Aeroburner driver after seeing DJ hit a ball 346 yds. Mine, not as far but it made the fairway. Marketing is just that...marketing. Communications by a company to find the right consumer audience that will believe in it's product and give it a try.

This doesn't really bother me much. I'm glad to see that they finally have their teeth back out there again.

I really liked my rbz 3w and if this is better than that combined with the stunning looks, hell I'd seriously consider buying one. I've never stopped being a TM fan, just didn't like their direction for a bit.

Meh doesn't do that much for me. They can claim distance all they want but I would prefer a club that is easier to hit for me. Although I will say i gave the M2 a few swings last weekend and did like it. But that was just off of a mat.

I'd love those gains. I'd also love the tour player speeds used to test the M2s, I saw that tiny little disclaimer tonight in an M2 irons ad in Golf while at the gym.

But since I don't have those speeds and perfect impact...

Is there an OEM out there today that doesn't claim this? They all do it. Every year every new club gives you extreme distance gains. To me it's finding the right shaft/head combo that will really help. It's played out for sure but it works so good on them!

Meh. Distance claims don't do a lot for me. They probably don't do a lot for most of us THPers, but to the general public "13 yards longer" will make a club sell. The nature of the beast. I'm sure it's a great club, I hope I get to try it.

you know what's funny? When I was at the SLDR s launch, they threw out there that the SLDR s fairways were longer than RBZ. I don't recall that one ever making it to the front line of marketing though. Wonder if I still have that on video.
For the right person, the SLDR was stupid long.

However, that "right person" was very few and far between.

Would love to see this tested.

For the right person, the SLDR was stupid long.

However, that "right person" was very few and far between.

The SLDR was still to this day the longest driver I've ever owned. Loved it! Off center though not so much. The M1/M2 are very close though and more forgiving for me.

Everyone always says their latest club is longer, faster, and better than the previous iteration. I see nothing wrong with their marketing and I hope they rebound strong because I am big fan.

I really see nothing much different than other manufacturers claims.

I really see nothing much different than other manufacturers claims.
Exactly. Both, Callaway and Taylormade are notorious for claiming gains on a new release versus something several cycles older. Neither really goes into how their newest comps to all the ones in between. They just include the **disclaimer referencing how the claims for the newest were tested and achieved. I'm sure most other large OEMs do exactly the same, as JB stated earlier. Not saying I approve, it's simply the norm. As for this particular club I think it's real good marketing strategy for TM to comp M2 to such a popular and successful club. I still see many RB fairways in golfers bags whenever I go to the course. Why not tell the legion of golfers still gaming them that there is now a much sexier looking replacement that will give them more yards?

Back