Talking Technology with Cobra Golf - The Golf Industry Uncut Volume 4

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP Radio is back with a bang in 2016 and today we continue with our new show called The Golf Industry Uncut. Tackling on demand audio for the world of golf like never before, THP Radio presents this unique look behind the doors of the equipment world through the experts.

The rules for Uncut are simple. There are no rules other than the guest must be accessible to readers/consumers to discuss the show post broadcast.

This semi monthly (or more often) broadcast is your chance to hear from those in the golf industry in a format that is completely raw and unedited. If there is an issue on the show, you will hear it. You will have the opportunity to submit questions for guests over the course of the year and even connect with them after the shows either here on the THP Forum or through social media and let them know your thoughts or ask follow up questions.

This Episode
Tom Olsavsky (TO) joins the show
CG Location in Detail
Spin in Driver Heads
Best Names & Shapes in Drivers
Worst Road Rage at Cobra PUMA Golf
TO Enters The Hot Seat for Fire Away
And so much more

Join us by listening at the link below, or as always you can find us on iTunes at The Hackers Paradise.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/t...volume-4-talking-rd-with-t-o-from-cobra-golf/

downloading now for the ride home.

Listening now! The release of this today is ironic as I just had a Cobra King LTD with ProjectX HZRDUS Black ordered :D

Nice! Will listen to this the first chance I get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TO has definitely been involved in a lot of the greatest drivers in the history of the game. He was a great guest and it was a fun listen! I loved hearing that they have been saying they can't improve driver technology much for the last 20 years, goes so show you that you can in fact improve it and TO seems to love doing what he does.

Good stuff!
Always good to hear from TO!

Great interview. Having had the chance to,talk with TO last year he is fun ad easy to talk to,about golf. Interesting point was about getting golfers to accept a different ball flight to get the distance.

Can't wait to listen tonight!

Just fired this up. When TO talks, I always learn something.

really good stuff. that story about loren roberts was really interesting, and says a lot about us as golfers.

really good stuff. that story about loren roberts was really interesting, and says a lot about us as golfers.

I loved that one and had not heard it previously.
Also loved the amount that CG can be moved.

So glad you posted this, I wish it was 45 min instead of 26 then it would cover my drive home.

Will be listening to this at the gym, and it will be first in the que ahead of PTI, so that is saying something.

Have been really enjoying THP radio this year, glad you brought it back with a bang!

Love hearing the real numbers. Moment of inertia from 4700 for LTD, an increase of 700-1000 over the lower front weight drivers.

Fantastic episode! gotta love TO.

Really enjoyed the listen. Wish it was longer, so much info, I wanted more! Now getting to game that Cobra LTD that's truly a game changer makes me even more interested in this. Some real, legitimate tech advancements are still out there that are not limited by the governing bodies.

Yet another awesome segment! Any time TO is talking I will be listening, the man just knows so much! loved the talk about loft and spin.

Another informative episode.
What happened to the topping on a hot dog question?

Another great episode. It will take me a second listen to absorb all the info! Thanks Cobra Golf & Tom! Great job!

Another informative episode.
What happened to the topping on a hot dog question?

Its different every episode brother. Just so happens a few previous versions had some people on it that were really into food.

Its different every episode brother. Just so happens a few previous versions had some people on it that were really into food.

And IIRC mexican foods has been mentioned frequently. I'm okay with this :D

What a brilliant mind in the world of golf. I was lucky enough to tee it up with TO last spring in Orlando and it was just an awesome experience. Answered all the questions we had for him and it really was something I won't ever forget.

This was a fantastic segment. This one I think is my favorite so far. It's kind of scary how much knowledge is in TO's brain. Just hearing him talk he makes it sound so simple.

Another fantastic episode here! T.O. certainly knows golf clubs inside and out, but I most enjoyed that story about Loren Roberts. Interesting also how he says that the things they design are affected and limited by the mental hangups of the average customer.

I'm the anti golfer from this episode though. I've been chasing more height for years and finally achieved it by lofting way the hell up to 14* plus, and now I've found that I can't go back to a 9* driver because the look at address makes me uncomfortable. To prove TO's point though it's amazing how many amateurs can watch a drive launched at 13-16 Degrees and tell me I'm hitting the ball way too high.

Thanks army. It was fun to record too

Back