THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

Anybody on the Carolinas team (or in the area) have some free time this week or weekend for a round?

I'm free every day but tomorrow and Thursday.

I'm local to Charlotte but I can travel halfway to meet someone. I definitely need the practice.

Lemme know!

Probably not this week, but maybe the next. Maybe we can meet in Columbia or Cheraw.

Probably not this week, but maybe the next. Maybe we can meet in Columbia ...

Keep me posted if y'all head out. I may be able join up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably not this week, but maybe the next. Maybe we can meet in Columbia or Cheraw.
Nice! That'll work for me. I've got a tournament on 3/12... but I'm available during the week (except Tuesday) all of next week.

Sent From My Samsung Note 4 Using Tapatalk

Honestly still in a little awe of being picked and the disappointment for the guys who didn't. Lots of good choices that could have been made. I promise this region to represent you to the best if my ability and to work hard on my game to be ready to compete. If you see me slacking call me out on it.

To my teammates I'm here for whatever you need and look forward to prep rounds with you.

to the Carolina guys can't wait to meet most of you since I don't know I many and looking forward to competing on the course on event day.

Honestly still in a little awe of being picked and the disappointment for the guys who didn't. Lots of good choices that could have been made. I promise this region to represent you to the best if my ability and to work hard on my game to be ready to compete. If you see me slacking call me out on it.

To my teammates I'm here for whatever you need and look forward to prep rounds with you.

to the Carolina guys can't wait to meet most of you since I don't know I many and looking forward to competing on the course on event day.
You are going to rock this thing dude! Keep at it man

Congrats to the six new competitors. This is gonna be a fun event!

Congrats to everyone that got in today. I am looking forward to following along

Ok, lets do some introductions for everyone who wants to follow along...

Name is Tom, I've gone by Deuce since my college days. I picked up golf July 4th of 2013 on vacay with some friends. Shot a 140 IIRC. Managed to break 100 before my first year, but snagged on breaking 90 now. It'll happen though, soon.

This will be my fifth THP event, and my first team tourney ... well, ever. Plenty of competitive sports in my life, but not golf. That is obviously going to change this year.

Married with one kiddo, he's 18 months and a handful. We are also registered foster parents looking to adopt. That should keep me busy, and tired, for years to come. We also have three dogs ... so never a dull day.

I am a 25 HDCP, a member of Darlington CC, and a W/S convert after #StaffProto.

Native New Yorker, a bit of a geek, a huge Sooner fan and Oklahoma alumni. Now living in SC, with no plans of moving. I work in agriculture, working on what my wife says is "poop and dirt".

Ok, that's me in a nutshell.

We can get a few tune up rounds in to get you ready to rock!

anyone that knows me, knows I shoot it straight.

To be fair I've seen you hit a pretty mean draw too. :D

My name is Dustin and I reside in White Plains NC aka Mt Airy ( Mayberry ). I have been happily married for 12 years. We have 2 awesome little girls. Madleyn is 3 and Kaylee is 8 months.

I am a EMS Shift Supervisor and work nights. I have been a paramedic for 14 years.

I started playin golf in high school but really didn't get into golf until my early 20's

My lowest hdcp was 1.8 ghin this past fall. I probably play at around a 3-5 hdcp at my course on a regular basis and prob a 5-7 when I travel.

I'm a member of Pilot Knob Park CC. The course sits at the base of pilot mountain.

This is my first THP events. Since I joined THP I have pretty much been a forum stalker and rarely contributed much. Staring last year I took a bigger interest in THP and look forward to being more involved in the future and included in more events.

Sorry to bore everybody. Lol. That's me. Any questions feel free to ask. I'm an open book

fe49e7cf6851031bbb13387c1e11ca52.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The name is Eric but also go by emart especially since there are several Eric's running around THP. I think,there was three of us at LIITA in May. Native New Yorker who joined the Navy in 93 and Uncle Sam put me in DC area in 94 then got a govt contract job and have been on the area since. Live 20 mins from downtown Annapolis and Inner Harbor of Baltimore. About 25 mins to DC (dependent on traffic)

married for almost 8 years and no kids. Been playing golf since late 1996 with a few breaks between 2001-2002 and 2006-2009/10. Had my lowest round of +7 last year and got my hdcp to single digits last year and hoping to keep it there this year.

i have been to 3 THP events with one being a team competition with the Pittsburgh invitational last year (met capt Ron last year at this event). Had the pleasure of spending the weekend with tow OEMs for my other events. First one was Bridgestone U in May where we met Josh Kinchen and Corey from Bridgestone. Also met Mburnham and mizunofan there along with a couple other Carolina guys (vFlashv and Tleishman). The met TO and Mike Yeagley alomg with Rachel and Jaime from Cobra Puma gol at LIITA and had the pleasure of sitting with TO the first night and Mike the second nite for dinner. Also was with tleishman at this one.

A lot of you guys know me, but I will post in here as well. I'm John and I have a confusing screen name. You can call me John, Jeff/John, Spicoli--whatever. It's all good. I've been on THP for almost 4 years now. Hard to believe. I found THP while searching for reviews on Ping i20 irons. I played golf growing up but got away from it for a long time after high school. THP is one of the big reasons I've rediscovered my love for the game. I've been very fortunate to be part of multiple events and a few team events. We both have great captains who will be great leaders for us all and have us prepared to play our best in July. I'm looking forward to sharing the journey with you all.

Like Deuce, I'm a new father. My son is 9 months and with my wife and I both working full time, life is crazy right now but I wouldn't trade it for anything. I'm in Wilmington, NC. I've been here for 11 years after graduating from UNC Chapel Hill. If anyone is ever in the area and want to play, shoot me a PM.

In terms of my where my game is, I'm currently trending to a 6.7--the highest it's been in a long time. I feel like I'm close to turning it around and shooting some better scores, but can't quite get everything to come together. My goal is to get my game back in playing shape to represent the Carolinas as best as I can.

The name is Eric but also go by emart especially since there are several Eric's running around THP. I think,there was three of us at LIITA in May. Native New Yorker who joined the Navy in 93 and Uncle Sam put me in DC area in 94 then got a govt contract job and have been on the area since. Live 20 mins from downtown Annapolis and Inner Harbor of Baltimore. About 25 mins to DC (dependent on traffic)

married for almost 8 years and no kids. Been playing golf since late 1996 with a few breaks between 2001-2002 and 2006-2009/10. Had my lowest round of +7 last year and got my hdcp to single digits last year and hoping to keep it there this year.

i have been to 3 THP events with one being a team competition with the Pittsburgh invitational last year (met capt Ron last year at this event). Had the pleasure of spending the weekend with tow OEMs for my other events. First one was Bridgestone U in May where we met Josh Kinchen and Corey from Bridgestone. Also met Mburnham and mizunofan there along with a couple other Carolina guys (vFlashv and Tleishman). The met TO and Mike Yeagley alomg with Rachel and Jaime from Cobra Puma gol at LIITA and had the pleasure of sitting with TO the first night and Mike the second nite for dinner. Also was with tleishman at this one.

I love the inner harbor. I've been there several times for the JEMS conference at the convention center. Great food and good night life.

Annapolis is awesome. Great history there. I'm heading up to emittsburg md in the fall for National Fire Academy.

Ok, my turn!

Name is Mike, normally go by cookie (last name = Cook) but there is more than one. Married, 42 years, 4 children, 7 grandchildren. Actually a Cincinnati, Ohio transplant to Maryland in 1996. Yes, I'm a Bengals fan. What can I say, I'm patient!

Have only been to one THP event, Bridgestone University. Met Eric and Mike Burnham at the event. Great people to play golf and hang with. I was set to attend two more but had to cancel because of a herniated disc in my back and had to cancel. Everything is healthy again! Lots of rehab! Started playing golf when I was about 29. Not exactly sure, too long ago. Got to a 3 handicap at one point but am currently playing to a 9.8 or 10. Plan on improving that before July! Best round ever was a 68 on a par 72 course, what a day I had with the putter! Made 3 fifty footers that day.

My name is Chuck. I've been a member of THP for about a year, but until about a month or so ago... I visited sporadically.

At the urging of the captains of this event, I joined the Albatross Club and was lucky enough to be randomly selected to represent the Carolinas team. This will be my first THP event... and I've yet to meet anybody from here, but that will change very soon.

I'm 37... lived the first 35 years of my life in New Jersey until Samsung sent me to Charlotte for work. I've been with my wife for 17+ years and we have 3 children (16, 10 and 9).

I've been playing golf since I was 14. I've always enjoyed the competitive yet relaxed nature of the game. I've never been lower than a 16.3 handicap but that hasn't stopped me from playing club tournaments of all kinds.

I'm ridiculously competitive in everything I do from work to golf to board games... so I'm looking to do what I can to properly represent my team here!

Sent From My Samsung Note 4 Using Tapatalk

I'm Kevin. Married (today is my anniversary) two great kids Katie and Matt. We're a family of THPers with LeeB and SonOfOdin being light posting members. Both have attended several events here on THP.

I'm a builder by trade, after 25 years of Naval service. My work is high end renovations / restorations throughout out the DC metropolitan area.

I've been a member of THP for nearly 4 years and I love it here. I've made more close friends on the Internet than should be legally allowed. I'm not a big equipment junkie, but I'm learning to have fun with the tinkering aspect of this great game.

Golf wise I'm a 10.4 handicap, I've been playing this game for well over 35 years and can't get enough of it. If I could learn to get out of my own way I could get pretty good maybe.

I'm Kevin. Married (today is my anniversary) two great kids Katie and Matt. We're a family of THPers with LeeB and SonOfOdin being light posting members. Both have attended several events here on THP.

I'm a builder by trade, after 25 years of Naval service. My work is high end renovations / restorations throughout out the DC metropolitan area.

I've been a member of THP for nearly 4 years and I love it here. I've made more close friends on the Internet than should be legally allowed. I'm not a big equipment junkie, but I'm learning to have fun with the tinkering aspect of this great game.

Golf wise I'm a 10.4 handicap, I've been playing this game for well over 35 years and can't get enough of it. If I could learn to get out of my own way I could get pretty good maybe.

Happy anniversary Kevin

Love that introductions are being done in here! Cool idea.

Also cool is the support you captains have gotten!
And Mesaman777, wow!!!!
Member under 3 weeks and a part of your first THP event! How cool is that!!!??

Good luck everyone! But I am thinking of going with Carolina in this one!

And Mesaman777, wow!!!!

And there goes my vote for Michigan

Nice! That'll work for me. I've got a tournament on 3/12... but I'm available during the week (except Tuesday) all of next week.
Just checked my schedule and the only day I am free next week is probably Friday (have a workshop on Thursday and need to prep prior). Doubt you want to play the day before your tourney ... but if you do, we'll set something up. Weekdays can usually work for me if I get some lead time...

My name is Rich, and I'm a golfer.

As Michigan Slice mentioned, 3 weeks a member and I'm in my first THP event. Sometimes the stars just align.

I too am a native New Yorker, moved to AZ in 94 and was really able to polish my game. Moved to VA in 98 and have found home. Been married for 26 years and have 2 children, Sassy-20 and Sam-13.

I currently work for Amazon as a CMMS, but have been an electro/mechanical technician in the semiconductor field for many years prior. Funny how life changes course on us.

I am currently a 4-6 handicap, I play all winter long if the courses are open. I have been as low as +1 in my AZ days, no kids and working nights helped there. My goal this year is to get down to 0 or -1, lose 10 pounds and get more flexible. The older I get the more length I lose and I don't like it, but I'm pretty sharp from 125 and in.

I can't thank THP enough. Like others I trolled the site mostly to read the stellar equipment reviews, Jman has a gift in that regard. After reading his ping i review, I thought I would join THP and buy the club's. I am very grateful for this opportunity and will do my best to help my team and bring THP a kick ass match to follow. Go DMV!

Happy Anniversary! Our second is today. Good thing I remembered!

And Mesaman777, wow!!!!

I'm thinking you are onto something.

Back