Need some help upgrading my bag

OverPar247365

Consistently T-20...ish
Reaction score
Handicap
THPers,
The title says it all. I have all hand me down clubs minus my putter. I have been playing more (1-2 times a week) but in my own eyes, I’m not good enough or playing enough to justify buying an entire new set of 13 clubs and possibly emptying out my savings. Obviously, being conscious about swing type, speed and all of the details that come into the fold, I want to upgrade/update smartly. I don’t have a problem buying used gear but not sure where a good place to start would be either way. I figured I’d reach out to this band of experts to figure out where is the best place to start or at least maybe ask some questions/make some points that might get me thinking a certain way.

Here’s what I’ve got now...
D-Cleveland Launcher 460 Titanium 10.5[SUP]o[/SUP]
3W-Nike SQ 15[SUP]o
[/SUP]5W- Wilson Jumbo “Wild Thing” 20[SUP]o[/SUP]
4-G- Cobra FP (off the shelf, stock)
P- Taylormade Spider (Custom fitted, 30th birthday gift from the Mrs.)

Fun Facts about my game
  • Love the short game (around and on the green)
  • Slower swing speed. Focusing on mechanics and where my strengths might be right now so I’m not very long.
  • Play a slight draw
  • Decent off the tee (225-250, straight to slight draw)
  • Been playing 3-4 months, shooting 93-98 pretty regularly

So when you’ve wiped the tears from your eyes from laughing, let me know what y’all think about what a smart process would be for getting some new gear. Thanks Crewe!

OP

If you don't want to spend huge money look at Callaway Pre Owned... if it says "Like new" it's new... A lot of options really with eBay and 2ndSwing, Budget Golf.... you'd be surprised what a good fitting will do for your game

If you don't want to spend huge money look at Callaway Pre Owned... if it says "Like new" it's new... A lot of options really with eBay and 2ndSwing, Budget Golf.... you'd be surprised what a good fitting will do for your game

I loved the fitting I did at Club Champion for my putter. I did it up in Chicago as I don’t have one close to my hometown.

I’ll check out those sites. I unfortunately have had some poor experiences with eBay so it’s hard for me to get anything off there but I’ll definitely check out 2ndSwing and Budget. Thanks for the advice man! I really appreciate it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back