THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

Love Michigan, but our sponsor deserves the Tapatalk pic. So pretty!

37b78929fca8beb79e2c75214f1cc23c.jpg

these look SOOO good. Probably play better.

Captains... Have you thought any about the pairings yet? Have you decided what would work best as far as matching up HC with partners. I know you probably haven't thought about matches yet. But maybe pairings.

Captains... Have you thought any about the pairings yet? Have you decided what would work best as far as matching up HC with partners. I know you probably haven't thought about matches yet. But maybe pairings.
Ive kicked a few ideas around in my noggin nothing concrete though and probably wont til closer to the event when we can see where everyone is

It's going to be fun playing boulder a lot during the lead up to this event, and I hope all of the hopefuls that didn't get selected don't just drop off the face of the earth now. I've been in events before, and one of the coolest things is seeing people excited about the event that aren't even in it, and this one has something extra on the line given the geographical tie in. Stinks to not get selected, I get it, but just think how it would feel to have support from everyone if you were in the event.

So thank you to THP and the captains for helping lead this event, and thanks to True Temper for sponsoring it. Oh and there is that little MVP thing up for grabs as well. The real fun starts now!

Couldn't agree more! Frankly I didn't expect to be selected - but I'm, using this as fuel to keep working hard on my game & be in a better position next time. Meanwhile it's time to support team Ohio 7 help these 8 guys be at their best come June.

Congrats to everyone who was picked - I'm happy for you guys!

Of course, and definitely have a few ideas. Too early to have anything set in stone.

Of course, and definitely have a few ideas. Too early to have anything set in stone.
Too much prep and too much time to go for the way-too-early pairings predictor.

Too much prep and too much time to go for the way-too-early pairings predictor.

The way to early pairings are always fun to read. Like the way early College Football Rankings, when UofM is in the top 10. Go Sparty!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The tees are going to play a big part on pairings as well. Drastically different course from the tips from the whites, so depends if they mix the tees up or just play all the whites or whatever.

The tees are going to play a big part on pairings as well. Drastically different course from the tips from the whites, so depends if they mix the tees up or just play all the whites or whatever.
Wont be tips for sure.
Will be interesting wince whites are near 6500 ish and golds are like 5800...atupid gaps

Congrats to the final 6 THPers chosen to play in a 2016 RR! Both teams look mighty strong!

Well after one of the most hectic days I have had at work in a long time. I am finally able to get caught up on the thread. First let me say congratulations to everyone that was selected today. To the members of Team Michigan I look forward to competing against and meeting you.

To Canadan, Philly V, robman7 welcome to Team Ohio I look forward to bringing home victory for Team Ohio along side you. I also want to say thanks for the support from everyone else. I for one truly appreciate the support you have shown today.

Wont be tips for sure.
Will be interesting wince whites are near 6500 ish and golds are like 5800...atupid gaps

Going to just throw out an early guess and say it's probably going to be straight whites.

Going to just throw out an early guess and say it's probably going to be straight whites.
That or split. ..6500 wouls be one of the longer sets ever for a thp event

Really? I swore we played close to 6500 at Waldorf.
Correct not many events (maybe a handful) have been 6500 is what i was trying to say

Correct not many events (maybe a handful) have been 6500 is what i was trying to say

10-4. But yea, like you said with the gap between white and gold it makes it hard to split or add in any of those tees.

Congrats fellas!

Still bummin a little bit here buuuuuttttt. Although some people have misperceived and misjudged me for about 4 1/2 months, I want all of team Ohio members who got picked to know how truly happy I am for you. Most of you I haven't met in person yet but look forward to helping anyway I can.

"One of the sanest, surest and most generous joys of life comes from being happy about the good fortunes of others."

To the hopefuls who didn't make it. Phew! No more stress for us!! Let's go play some golf and practice our asses off.

Glad to see the teams rounded out.

Team Ohio gonna do work.

Wont be tips for sure.

The beauty of a THP event... No sense in guessing because the combo tees could be coming!!!

Blended tees are the great equalizer. And typically one of many tricks up the sleeve for JB. One of Many!

Wont be tips for sure.

Thats why I was curious. Hell even the blues are about 7000. Seems like a set of composite tees would be best.

Thats why I was curious. Hell even the blues are about 7000. Seems like a set of composite tees would be best.

We will have to see, but if they try and keep THP events around 6400-6500 yards it seems like straight whites would be right in line with that.

Back