2016 Grandaddy Of Em All - We Want You

You would be surprised at how many have said this before, and then disappeared.

I probably wouldn't be, but that's just my inner cynic rearing its ugly head.

As for me I have a bit of experience with post event gear reviews (with irons). I am looking to expand on that by getting the opportunity to do another irons review, along with one for a driver, fairway, maybe a hybrid. Wedges. Putter. Bag. Oh, my!

It's s lot of responsibility but I think a guy like myself can manage it :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reading the recap thread from last year is what sold me on the THP community, got an albatross membership after finishing the thread. Looking forward to trying to earn a spot this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You would be surprised at how many have said this before, and then disappeared.

Always surprising and disappointing when that happens.

Can you believe some deets are going to come up in just a few weeks with this one? I mean THP Radio with the one and only Scotty G from Callaway HQ will be the place to hear it.

Can you believe some deets are going to come up in just a few weeks with this one? I mean THP Radio with the one and only Scotty G from Callaway HQ will be the place to hear it.

Awesome! Can't wait! I'm hoping this year is my year!:fingers-crossed:

THP radio and Grandaddy details can't wait.

Its March 1st which means we are now turning the calendar one month closer to the freaking grandaddy of em all! So excited to see the details and contests for this one unfold. Not a day goes by where i dont thank my lucky start to be a part of this special fraternity and will be doing anything i can to go back

I played with a couple of guys who had been in previous granddaddys this weekend, and hearing stories from those guys always makes me even more excited for this event. The experience just seems incredible, start to finish.

I played with a couple of guys who had been in previous granddaddys this weekend, and hearing stories from those guys always makes me even more excited for this event. The experience just seems incredible, start to finish.
Incredible is a good start lol

He is coming out of hiding? I thought he may have joined the witness protection program.

Looking forward to the ScottyG interview, he's a smart guy. Still dreaming of being part of the team that brings the belt home to THP.

How do you pick a word when there are none?
You cant. And thats happened to me so many times. Guys will ask "So how was the Grandaddy" and all i can do is just smile, chuckle and shake my head and i struggle for words to describe it. I think the best way i can say it is take whatever you think it is, double the amazement, think about it again and then multiply that times 1,000. And i wish that was a joke

ScottyG has been a part THP and big events since the first MC. I will be tuning in to hear what the man has to say.

Can't believe the details are going to be coming out for this one. Not even to mention the thought of contests beginning...but then again it is the #Grandaddy

SDN,
This is rough for me to hear. I get what you are saying but let me enlighten.
We never said the contests were random in years past. In fact the opposite, there was a panel of judges and creativity was part of the determining factor.
Many of our events are random however and this one might be this year.
Adding on, if you look at who gets in, nobody could ever accuse anything of fixing or choosing anything at all. First time event goers made up half the Grandaddy team last year. Think about that, guys that NEVER applied or went to anything else, made up half the team.
This years gauntlet? More than half of those that applied have never been to a THP Event either.

We do things live on the forum via video and it was called fix. We do it by Contest with Callaway as the judges, it was called fixed. We do it by random number generator, and it was called fixed. There is nothing we can do on our end when literally hundreds and hundreds of people want in and 10 get their name called and everybody thinks they "deserve" it.

If people want the event to continue, they will support it with conversation and by entering. If they dont, thats cool too and we can put our efforts somewhere else to continue to put together the greatest event ever created. But anybody that says "real and perceived" are the same thing is not trying to walk in the shoes of the person that has to make those announcements.
Same boat Callaway was in with the Team Callaway Collection. You can't please all the people all the time. You normally never hear from satisfied ones. So 300 happy and 2 not, all you hear are the 2 disgruntled. So let's stop trying to please 100% thats an impossible task. Let's move on. I don't think SDN was bashing at all, just pointing out a possible perception. True or not perception will soon become the truth, heck just watch the news.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Cally HQ to kick off the Grandaddy festivities sounds like the perfect launching spot!

Another great listen coming soon, can't wait!

I want in this! I love breakfast sliders!

Every episode of thp radio was been great listen and this just gives more motivation to listen in!

I can't wait to hear more details. To say getting selected would be incredible is an understatement.

He is coming out of hiding? I thought he may have joined the witness protection program.

No reason to go into hiding when you are a 5 time THP HOFer and current champion.

Every episode of thp radio was been great listen and this just gives more motivation to listen in!

Thanks Buddy.

You know I have never played the hideaway but I can see every single hole that has been played. I can do this because of the recaps and pics the guys have posted. I can't do that with another course that I haven't played. That is pretty darn special if you ask me.
9 months away and I know this is firmly planted on my brain!

No reason to go into hiding when you are a 5 time THP HOFer and current champion.

I think he still has some work to do to become a 5x HOFer. But I'm not that good at math. The current champion part, I have no argument for. Either way, he's one of my favorites out there and I cannot wait for this podcast.

I think he still has some work to do to become a 5x HOFer. But I'm not that good at math. The current champion part, I have no argument for. Either way, he's one of my favorites out there and I cannot wait for this podcast.

Did he not win the King with Harry? Ohhhh yeah, he was on Team Chad. Only a 3 time HOFer.

Back