The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here with the wife while she works. That means dad will be at the American Girl store, Disney and ToysRUs.

Grab me a something or other from the American Girl Doll store. My daughter might like me again if that happened.

Grab me a something or other from the American Girl Doll store. My daughter might like me again if that happened.

Whatcha want? Outfits?

Man lets change the topic...

So tonight myself, my employer, and two co-workers went for dinner with a supplier (supplier was buying).

I had an iced tea and a steak. Everyone else had multiple drinks, multiple apps, and large main courses.

I was mocked for the evening for not drinking, and not gorging myself. I don't get it. I want to make a good impression, be respectful of the supplier (especially since this was my first time meeting them), and trying to be professional. Am I in the wrong here?

Whatcha want? Outfits?

Man lets change the topic...

Funny story...

So, two Christmas' ago, my wife gave me a few things to order off their website. I had them delivered to my shop, of course.

With those deliveries came a yearly subscription to the American Girl magazine. It's a riot to my guys when my monthly magazine shows up. They find fun ways to let me know my American Girl doll magazine has shown up.

So tonight myself, my employer, and two co-workers went for dinner with a supplier (supplier was buying).

I had an iced tea and a steak. Everyone else had multiple drinks, multiple apps, and large main courses.

I was mocked for the evening for not drinking, and not gorging myself. I don't get it. I want to make a good impression, be respectful of the supplier (especially since this was my first time meeting them), and trying to be professional. Am I in the wrong here?

Nope. You did the right thing.

Nope. You did the right thing.

Agree with Fupy....class wins every time

Happy and Honored to be asked to be a part of a great Michigan team for Regional Rivalry.
It really capped off a pretty good day.

Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!

You didn't do a damn thing wrong!

Down in cali for work. Might try and get to the Laker game tomorrow. Really hoping I can but don't want to get my hopes up too much. I haven't been to a game in like 20 years and I love the lakers!

Like everyone else has stated, you did the right thing.

As the guy that is usually buying (a supplier) I have experienced this all over the Southeast U.S. the Caribbean and South America, I want people to have a good time and remember the evening in a positive way.
I think it all depends on the people, some just want a free night out and will go crazy. (remind me to tell you the strip club stories) but as I and my customer's get older we all seem to rather to have a nice upscale diner and drinking is moderate and some not at all. After all the hangovers do not go away like they used too.

You did the right thing all the way and I am sure he appreciated that you were paying attention, now the key (to him) is to buy something!! that will make his day.

Exactly the way to do it.

I often wonder how many posts I would have if I could count the ones where I quote something, type a reply, shake my head, and cancel out.

I often wonder how many posts I would have if I could count the ones where I quote something, type a reply, shake my head, and cancel out.
maybe nother 70k?

122 more posts......and 787 more thanks.

I agree with everyone else, you did the right thing. It's what I would have done, and always do when at a business dinner.

Its scary, but probably true. Hahaha

Oh come on, you're low balling the thanks.

Well......909 if you include my thanks. I can only thank those 122 posts once.

Funny story...

So, two Christmas' ago, my wife gave me a few things to order off their website. I had them delivered to my shop, of course.

With those deliveries came a yearly subscription to the American Girl magazine. It's a riot to my guys when my monthly magazine shows up. They find fun ways to let me know my American Girl doll magazine has shown up.

Like everyone else has stated, you did the right thing.

Just like Deuce and others said, you never have to worry about erroring on the side of caution. And I bet the supplier noticed and took note of it, even if he/she didn't comment on it. The ones who get drunk, act like idiots and order like they've never eaten, are the one's that get remembered for all the wrong reasons.

I was in vacationand had minimal THP time while down in Florida, but I am coming back and I have thousands of posts to catch back on. I love that this place is buzzing with activity, but I have to admit this is a bit overwhelming :bulgy-eyes:

guys let me know, besides the live update threads for the kentwool event and the UST event, is there a thread I should not miss?

Just like Deuce and others said, you never have to worry about erroring on the side of caution. And I bet the supplier noticed and took note of it, even if he/she didn't comment on it. The ones who get drunk, act like idiots and order like they've never eaten, are the one's that get remembered for all the wrong reasons.
Not going to lie, I was really confused. Did Beags do the right thing by sending the American Girl dolls to the shop? Do bike suppliers really care about dolls?

I had to read up and realized what was going on.

Hahaha it's a quality I wish more had. But your probably about 6k light by doing so.

Self-filter is the best filter...I'd have another couple K myself, but probably fewer friends. :act-up:

I have to go to Manitowoc county today for work. Hope i don't get Avery'd.... nice knowing ya all...

Go vote today.

Alabama - Last poll closes at 8:00 PM ET

Alaska - Last poll closes at 1:00 AM ET

Arkansas - Last poll closes at 8:30 PM ET

Georgia - Last poll closes at 7:00 PM ET

Massachusetts - Last poll closes at 8:00 PM ET

Minnesota - Last poll closes at 9:00 PM ET

Oklahoma - Last poll closes at 8:00 PM ET

Tennessee - Last poll closes at 8:00 PM ET

Texas - Last poll closes at 9:00 PM ET

Vermont - Last poll closes at 7:00 PM ET

Virginia - Last poll closes at 7:00 PM ET