GForce Training Aid

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
What do you think of this?

looks like a great way to lose clubhead speed.

• Admin
only about 8 minutes in to the video. But the tempo part is something I could easily see benefit to for my swing.

• Admin
only about 8 minutes in to the video. But the tempo part is something I could easily see benefit to for my swing.

Me too. Especially in wedges, and they have that version too. Im intrigued as it was someone that emailed in about it.

There's another sucker born every minute right? It looks a lot like the same concept of the orange whip and the new wedge they have to teach you to be smooth through. I use an orange whip to loosen up and feel a smooth swing but this looks awkward and the demonstrator himself didn't appear to strike the ball well with it. Interesting concept but it doesn't seem original and I'm not a buyer.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

He lost me at “allow your central nervous system to work out how to swing the club”

He points out a lot of faults, and what we shouldn’t do but doesn’t explain how the club works to help them.

I’m out !

What do you mean?

i think it's entirely possible to have an aggressive transition from the top and still make centered contact with a normal build. it doesn't seem to be possible with this unless i'm missing something?

Me too. Especially in wedges, and they have that version too. Im intrigued as it was someone that emailed in about it.

takeaway would be a big area for me too. Takeway, tempo, transition. What I like after watching it, is that appears that it is teaching you how to gain some effortless speed(that's what I call it in my mind). Get the the smoothness of the swing down and use your body, not just hands/arms, to produce some consistent speed.

There's another sucker born every minute right? It looks a lot like the same concept of the orange whip and the new wedge they have to teach you to be smooth through. I use an orange whip to loosen up and feel a smooth swing but this looks awkward and the demonstrator himself didn't appear to strike the ball well with it. Interesting concept but it doesn't seem original and I'm not a buyer.

I actually dont think its anything like that one. Orange whip is super heavy at one end and obviously you cant hit balls with it. This is a regular golf club.
I have tried the orange whip hundreds of times over the years, and still cannot fathom how that helps with tempo. Im sure its just me doing it wrong.

i think it's entirely possible to have an aggressive transition from the top and still make centered contact with a normal build. it doesn't seem to be possible with this unless i'm missing something?

I think that is true, although I would guess (and its only a guess) that with better tempo for most amateurs, centered contact is easier. Especially at takeaway.

I actually dont think its anything like that one. Orange whip is super heavy at one end and obviously you cant hit balls with it. This is a regular golf club.
I have tried the orange whip hundreds of times over the years, and still cannot fathom how that helps with tempo. Im sure its just me doing it wrong.

I think that is true, although I would guess (and its only a guess) that with better tempo for most amateurs, centered contact is easier. Especially at takeaway.
They do have a wedge and putter that you can hit balls with now :

https://orangewhipgolf.com/products/the-orange-whip-wedge

The orange whip with the ball is an interesting concept and I feel like I get my body timed up better when swinging but it never seemed to stick..

Orange whip???

It seems like this is trying to promote a Freddy Couples type long flowing swing that he uses for "easy distance." While I love Freddy's swing and wish I had a similar swing, I don't think it works for everyone. I know many really talented golfers with a quick transition from the top and I feel this would screw them up.

It seems like this is trying to promote a Freddy Couples type long flowing swing that he uses for "easy distance." While I love Freddy's swing and wish I had a similar swing, I don't think it works for everyone. I know many really talented golfers with a quick transition from the top and I feel this would screw them up.

You could argue that most amateurs have terrible tempo however.
Hence the reason companies like Blast and so many others work to fix this very thing.

Tempo is far from just transition.

They do have a wedge and putter that you can hit balls with now :

https://orangewhipgolf.com/products/the-orange-whip-wedge

The orange whip with the ball is an interesting concept and I feel like I get my body timed up better when swinging but it never seemed to stick..

There is one major flaw in that that this does not have issue with. The weight of the OW is drastically different than that of your clubs. While that can work well with strength work, it wont do much for balance. In my opinion, like the old donuts, it could actually screw you up quite a bit.

You could argue that most amateurs have terrible tempo however.
Hence the reason companies like Blast and so many others work to fix this very thing.

Tempo is far from just transition.
Very fair point. I feel like the original orange whip helped me feel a better tempo when using it and even if I hit a ball right afterwards. The problem was that no matter how much I practiced with it I could never get it to stick. Maybe my body doesn't build muscle memory that way or maybe I'm doing it incorrectly but the orange whip is now just a device to warm up my back in the parking lot before a round. That's why I would not be a buyer of this.

There is one major flaw in that that this does not have issue with. The weight of the OW is drastically different than that of your clubs. While that can work well with strength work, it wont do much for balance. In my opinion, like the old donuts, it could actually screw you up quite a bit.
That does make a lot of sense. The orange whip feels completely different from a real club and maybe that's part of the problem.

I think it could be great. Whenever I get smoothed out and connected, I can then start to add effortless power to my swing.

I can see this a a useful tool in instilling good habits in the swing and help to make better contact. I know my iron swing falls apart and results in poor contact when I get too aggressive with the swing from the top. Better contact should relate to more reliable distance and dispersion.

1405a4111261779c99f05aa9a965c50c.jpg

@JB...are you getting the 7i as well?

I bought the 7i about a year ago and can say if your tempo and transition isn't smooth, you will not make good contact. I haven't used it quite a while but maybe I should get it back out.

I couldn’t get past his Graham McDowell-like tight shirt covering the gin belly.

One(or both, I'm not sure) of these is heading up this way for review. I'm super curious as to what it can do for me, or if in my hands it's just some snake oil. I seem to remember @grins doing a little review on it, so I'd love to see him jump back in with some thoughts.

Back