THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

Happy Anniversary! Our second is today. Good thing I remembered!

I'm thinking you are onto something.

Congrats my man! Mine happens once every 4 years haha

Captain Ron! It's on buddy! It's mother effing on. We're coming for you and your team! And you can watch it coming right here on THP!

Love that introductions are being done in here! Cool idea.

Also cool is the support you captains have gotten!
And Mesaman777, wow!!!!
Member under 3 weeks and a part of your first THP event! How cool is that!!!??

Good luck everyone! But I am thinking of going with Carolina in this one!

well well. Might need to contact the MI capt and see if he can his pick. :alien:

Captain Ron! It's on buddy! It's mother effing on. We're coming for you and your team! And you can watch it coming right here on THP!

We're gonna come at DMV like a spider monkey!

If you ain't first, you're last!

A lot of you guys know me, but I will post in here as well. I'm John and I have a confusing screen name. You can call me John, Jeff/John, Spicoli--whatever. It's all good. I've been on THP for almost 4 years now. Hard to believe. I found THP while searching for reviews on Ping i20 irons. I played golf growing up but got away from it for a long time after high school. THP is one of the big reasons I've rediscovered my love for the game. I've been very fortunate to be part of multiple events and a few team events. We both have great captains who will be great leaders for us all and have us prepared to play our best in July. I'm looking forward to sharing the journey with you all.

Like Deuce, I'm a new father. My son is 9 months and with my wife and I both working full time, life is crazy right now but I wouldn't trade it for anything. I'm in Wilmington, NC. I've been here for 11 years after graduating from UNC Chapel Hill. If anyone is ever in the area and want to play, shoot me a PM.

In terms of my where my game is, I'm currently trending to a 6.7--the highest it's been in a long time. I feel like I'm close to turning it around and shooting some better scores, but can't quite get everything to come together. My goal is to get my game back in playing shape to represent the Carolinas as best as I can.

Enjoy this time when they aren't mobile yet. The grow up pretty quick! Congrats on being a new father!

Great idea with the introduction Deuce.

My name is Mike and I am 29 years old. I currently live in Boston but my wife and I will be moving to the Charlotte area on May 1st to be closer to her family and get out of the cold. We just got married in August and have no kids at the moment.

I started playing golf right after I met my wife. Her dad is a golfer and asked me if I played. I said of course even though I had never played. I borrowed some clubs and played 1 round with him the first year. Then the next year we played in a scramble and I won the longest putt and was hooked. The next season I started playing a lot more and started to get better. I'm currently a 17 handicap but have been taking a lot of lessons and re-built my entire swing. I've played in one THP event last year, the Bridgestone U, where I met MizunoFan99 and Emart. It was such a fun time and since then I really wanted to get into a competitive event. I'm so thankful to be in this event with the opportunity to meet some people as soon as I move.

We're gonna come at DMV like a spider monkey!

If you ain't first, you're last!

You know there are doctors that can help with that delusional problem you have!!! Haha

My name is Jose (MDHacker) and I've been on THP for a little over 2 years. My screen name was a combination of where I live and how I played when I first started golfing about 15 years ago :D. One of the first people I met from an online forum was CAA_Beat. We ended up playing a round at Eisenhower GC which was cut short because of an emergency call from the office for me. I have met some terrific golf buddies online and a few have traveled here to THP as we searched for the best golf site and forum out there. I've been a club ho, a demo day groupie and an avid practitioner of the sport. My handicap index was down to a 7.8 a few years ago but is currently hovering at 16.8 due to a lack of steady play the last two years, partly due to family obligations but mostly because of unemployment. I work in the IT field and commute to DC. I have a wife and two kids who keep me very busy. I was very fortunate to be selected for this Regional Rivalry event as this will be my first THP event I will be attending. I've met a few fellow THP'ers during informal outings and look forward to meeting the Carolina crew as well. I am going to feel real bad though, when the DMV hoists the trophy, but I'll get over it quickly enough :D

I think you should make a doctor's appointment to get checked out. I know they say the first thing to go is the mind but seems yours is gone already

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Hi everyone! I’m Chet, known in the real world as Beau. I’m a 36 Project and Process Manager for a retail company just north of Charlotte. I have been married for 10 years (on April 1[SUP]st[/SUP] – which fits if you know my wife and I) and have a 3 year old daughter. I'm a born and bred North Carolinian - I've never lived outside of the state.

I started playing golf seriously around 7[SUP]th[/SUP] grade. I broke 40 for the first time that year on 9 holes and in the same round, carded my first eagle. I lettered in golf all 4 years in High School, playing in the North Carolina 3A state championships 3 times. I finished all-conference each of those 3 years, and all-region my senior year. I had some DII college offers to play golf, but was burnt out after spending every waking moment thinking about golf (or girls) for those 6 years, and took a break from the game. I picked it back up after college, played fairly seriously, and got back down to scratch. After a few years though, money and time became limiters for how much I could play, so I essentially gave it up again until last April. A friend joined a club in Charlotte and asked if I wanted to play 18 with him. I shot 93, but was bitten once again. The next weekend, I shot 79.

My handicap is currently around 8. I’m ok with that number right now, as I don’t get quite as much time to practice as I would like, but still try to hit the range a couple times a week. I’m hoping by June/July to have it down around 6, but won’t be shattered if it isn’t there. I enjoy playing the game now, and don’t want it to become a job again. I use it for stress relief.

I’m looking forward to meeting all the RR representatives, as well as JB and hopefully some of the True Temper folks.

spidermonkey.jpg

Thinking a nice golf polo with this logo'd on it for #THPRegionalRivalry.

I think you should make a doctor's appointment to get checked out. I know they say the first thing to go is the mind but seems yours is gone already

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Hahahahaha I thought it was the hearing! Cause I can't hear anything you're spewing.

I want to get a hold of those Project X Lz iron shafts in 6.5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My name is Sean. I'm 44 years old and live in Salisbury, NC. I've lived hear for 8 years, born in Queens, Ny but raise on Long Island. I'm a web developer and online business strategist by trade. My wife and I own our own business. I've been married for 10 years. No kids, 4 dogs and 3 cats.

Ive been playing golf seriously for about 6 years. My handicap is hovering around 15 right now. I'm not very long off the tee. Currently focusing on consistency from the tee and fairway, and tightening up the short game and putting.

I'm really looking forward to meeting all of you.

Enjoy this time when they aren't mobile yet. The grow up pretty quick! Congrats on being a new father!

Thanks, man. He's mobile already--not walking but crawling and rolling around like a champ. You can't turn your back on him ha

My name is Sean. I'm 44 years old and live in Salisbury, NC. I've lived hear for 8 years, born in Queens, Ny but raise on Long Island. I'm a web developer and online business strategist by trade. My wife and I own our own business. I've been married for 10 years. No kids, 4 dogs and 3 cats.

Ive been playing golf seriously for about 6 years. My handicap is hovering around 15 right now. I'm not very long off the tee. Currently focusing on consistency from the tee and fairway, and tightening up the short game and putting.

I was born and raised in Queens myself. Richmond Hill area, near Ozone Park (home of the Gotti's), and my grandparents lived in Maspeth. Spent my childhood there, until I was 12 then we moved upstate to Orange County.

Ok, lets do some introductions for everyone who wants to follow along...

My name is Christopher Kee. I've been golfing for 3 years now (prior to that what I did on the course wasn't really golf). I'm currently an 8 handicap, lowest was a 7 and I think 8.5 is pretty accurate for my skill level. My favorite part of golf is probably meeting all the different people I get paired with, everyone has a good story worth listening to.

I'm a new first time dad and my 8 month old has already learned to roll the golf balls back to me when I'm doing my putting practice, of course they are always a little slobbery, but that's okay. He gets very excited when I make the putts so good signs he'll like putting too.

I grew up around the US but call Virginia my home as I've been here for 20+ years of my 43 on earth. This is one of my favorite places to live in the US. Norther VA has a lot of diversity and since I love meeting different people with different stories this is one of the best places to be.

My name is Christopher Kee. I've been golfing for 3 years now (prior to that what I did on the course wasn't really golf). I'm currently an 8 handicap, lowest was a 7 and I think 8.5 is pretty accurate for my skill level. My favorite part of golf is probably meeting all the different people I get paired with, everyone has a good story worth listening to.

I'm a new first time dad and my 8 month old has already learned to roll the golf balls back to me when I'm doing my putting practice, of course they are always a little slobbery, but that's okay. He gets very excited when I make the putts so good signs he'll like putting too.

I grew up around the US but call Virginia my home as I've been here for 20+ years of my 43 on earth. This is one of my favorite places to live in the US. Norther VA has a lot of diversity and since I love meeting different people with different stories this is one of the best places to be.

8 month old... I remember those years, lots of sleepless nights,.... just kidding. Enjoy those early years, they go by so much faster than you think and you can't get them back!!

Lots of New York transplants. I was raised on Long Island ( Central Islip ) moved to Bayside Queens for 4 years after I got married and the winter of 94 drove me out for good. Still have family there and like to visit. I still support NY sports teams.

So there was a thread that talked about whether or not we'd prep differently if we got into a THP event. I responded that my goals were my goals regardless of whether or not I achieved entry into any events.

I'd like to amend that. Weighed myself today and almost topped 190 on the scale. That is unfreaking acceptable. So ... in addition to my golf goals, I plan on hitting the healthy eating train seriously hard. I'm going to say goodbye to diet soda :cry:, fast food, and junk food. Going to turn back to more lean protein and lots of vegetables ... as well as a healthy breakfast to keep me from hitting Dunkin Donuts every morning. I imagine I'm going to be a total richard for a few days, but that will pass ... hopefully. I want to lose a good 20-30 pounds or so, as much for me as for my kiddo. I imagine it'd be good to stick around for awhile, ya know?

In addition to my regular walking with my push cart on the golf course, I'll also be adding a couple of miles a day in walking ... maybe during lunch, maybe after work. Yeah, this isn't going to be easy is it?

I'd like to amend that. Weighed myself today and almost topped 190 on the scale. That is unfreaking acceptable.

I haven't weighed 190 in 30 years... Then again, I'm 6'2. I'm with you though, I'm working on my weight and fitness. I was already doing it for my club championship in October and I'm down 25 pounds since I started. 25 more to go. Goal is 215.

You have my support!

I think that's grounds to have your Captains Pick immediately revoked :D

As long as he is not a Dallas Cowboy fan, he can survive in Redskin country. I have a certain respect for his continued support of his HOME teams. As a Redskin guy living among the Raven fanatics, I know how difficult that can be.

Back