DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just checked and it is already booked up.

Pretty pumped - got an invite to play in a pro-am the day after the Valero at Preston Trail. You play as a five some - take the best 2 scores of the amateurs (net) and the gross score of the pro. They shotgun 18 holes and each five some has a "real" local pro. Played in it 3 years ago and had Lanny Wadkins (great guy btw). Playing in the five some behind us was Lee Trevino with "43". That year I remember Hunter Mahan, Colt Knost, JJ Henry, Justin Leonard, Ricky Barnes, KJ Choi, and Y.E. Yang among others I'm drawing a blank on. I know Jordan has committed for this year but I can guarantee I won't get that draw. It's a charity event to benefit a woman's shelter. A $40k buy in for a fore some, a very close client was nice enough to invite me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couple closest to in between I have found so far:
Saturday
Frisco Lakes 1:48 $35

Bridlewood 2:04 $46.75

I can play either off these on Saturday.

I can play either off these on Saturday.
Ok. Let's see if one of those work for Kap. Open to other suggestions also. What do you think Kap?

Pretty pumped - got an invite to play in a pro-am the day after the Valero at Preston Trail. You play as a five some - take the best 2 scores of the amateurs (net) and the gross score of the pro. They shotgun 18 holes and each five some has a "real" local pro. Played in it 3 years ago and had Lanny Wadkins (great guy btw). Playing in the five some behind us was Lee Trevino with "43". That year I remember Hunter Mahan, Colt Knost, JJ Henry, Justin Leonard, Ricky Barnes, KJ Choi, and Y.E. Yang among others I'm drawing a blank on. I know Jordan has committed for this year but I can guarantee I won't get that draw. It's a charity event to benefit a woman's shelter. A $40k buy in for a fore some, a very close client was nice enough to invite me.

Sounds awesome, take lots of pics

I would but frowned upon. They are one of the rare places where rules are rules. I know two people who've been given their membership fee back mid round because of rule violations. A great place but PO the wrong person and you are toast.

Ok. Let's see if one of those work for Kap. Open to other suggestions also. What do you think Kap?

Sorry, something has come up, going to have to shoot for next weekend.

Anyone have a Cowboys pass that needs to use by end of this month? I do have one and would enjoy meeting up with another THP'er for the round out there.

If no one has one that will be looking to get out, then I'll likely try to sell mine (hit me up via PM if interested).

Anyone have a Cowboys pass that needs to use by end of this month? I do have one and would enjoy meeting up with another THP'er for the round out there.

If no one has one that will be looking to get out, then I'll likely try to sell mine (hit me up via PM if interested).
Can you do something in 2 weeks? If so I'll try to pick one up, I've hesitated because of golf season, but I can take a day off during spring break and come down.

Can you do something in 2 weeks? If so I'll try to pick one up, I've hesitated because of golf season, but I can take a day off during spring break and come down.

Week of 3/14-3/18? I can't that week, have a ton of face to face performance discussions that Monday/Tuesday then training all day Wednesday - Friday.

Well poop. Probably for the best anyways as I need to practice these kids. Its all good, I just hope you can find someone who will play!

Well I finally found a job. Not something that I wanted to do but at this point it's all I can find. I am not going into a ton of details but it is driving a truck again, after not being I one for more than 15:beat-up:. It is a local thing but it is afternoons and into late night/early mornings. It's going to suck after being behind a computer for 5 years but really it's not a bad job, its just going to be long evening hours. So my playing a lot of golf is over for the time being. I will have a couple of days off a week but not sure which days yet. I will be working just about every Sunday I am told. As soon as I get a use to working again and not coming home a dying on the bed everyday..lol, I will try to get back out and play. I should have routine down in a couple of months and know when I can play. Anyway that's where I am. Hit 'em straight!

Well I finally found a job. Not something that I wanted to do but at this point it's all I can find. I am not going into a ton of details but it is driving a truck again, after not being I one for more than 15:beat-up:. It is a local thing but it is afternoons and into late night/early mornings. It's going to suck after being behind a computer for 5 years but really it's not a bad job, its just going to be long evening hours. So my playing a lot of golf is over for the time being. I will have a couple of days off a week but not sure which days yet. I will be working just about every Sunday I am told. As soon as I get a use to working again and not coming home a dying on the bed everyday..lol, I will try to get back out and play. I should have routine down in a couple of months and know when I can play. Anyway that's where I am. Hit 'em straight!

Congrats on the new job, I look forward to playing a round with you again in the near future

Congrats on the new job Phil! I know that feeling working a job that you really didnt want. Just hang in there and something else will come up in the near future. Good luck buddy!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Good to hear Phil.....keep searching for the replacement but it is nice to have something to keep you busy for the time being.

That's good news Phil! If nothing else buys you some time until the right job comes along.

Great news, congrats on your new employment

I still have mine.

I'd consider paying rack if you guys set up a time. Cowboys is always a great venue. Hell the jalapeño sausage alone is worth it!

Played tribute today...ton of fun. Wind was insane but made the course that much better. Got paired up with some great guys. Great recommendation.

Thanks DFW THP'ers!!

cc4140c98c65d450026e2285b96e3f03.jpg

Love that jacket!

When you know your schedule let me know and I will make a trip down during the week to play some golf with you. Tell my girlfriend Shannon I said hello

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back