Top Flite Gamer Tour Chipper

luvagoodshot

Reaction score
Handicap
Yes
Theres other options out there that are much cheaper and good enough quality.

Well... I have to admit that I’d be embarrassed to put that in my bag, lol. Embarrassed that it would probably help me, I’m a lousy chipper.

If in the market for a chipper and not concerned with grooves that may be illegal for tournament play, I'd consider the old Cleveland Niblick. It's much more versatile as it can be used for full shots too.

I had one when it first came out 10-11 years ago, bought it because of difficulties I was having with short pitches. It was excellent for that, very intuitive in its use for me right from the start. I didn't get one for it to serve as a chipper but it sure was excellent at that too.

Only ditched it because I squared away my pitching issues, no small degree of credit goes to the Niblick to that end I might add.

Well... I have to admit that I’d be embarrassed to put that in my bag, lol. Embarrassed that it would probably help me, I’m a lousy chipper.

My father in law has one & I refused to change the grip on the cheater club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My father in law has one & I refused to change the grip on the cheater club.

Ha! Oh the shame!:)

Although my understanding is that “chippers” conform to the ROG so long as they aren’t 2 way?

Ha! Oh the shame!:)

Although my understanding is that “chippers” conform to the ROG so long as they aren’t 2 way?

They may very well be, I just like giving him a hard time about it.

So in other words, the answer is no, there have been no reviews on it. Is that correct?

Have my Odyssey X-Act chipper in the closet that I put in my SIL/Son's bag when they accompany me to the course. They are great for folks who don't get to play that often and struggle with their short game.

So in other words, the answer is no, there have been no reviews on it. Is that correct?

No reviews.
Not much to review on something like that though. It’s just for people who can’t chip and I dont how you review that issue.

I've never understood the stigma against chipper clubs.
Players of all skill levels readily use jumbo drivers, hybrids, long putters, claw grips and more in an effort to shoot lower scores. Why then should a chipper club have a stigma attached to it ?
I think any player with an average score above 72 should probably be open to trying any club type, including a chipper.
And it does not make good sense when players who average 85 or higher say they "chip well with their wedges, 7, 8, 9 irons". If they chipped well with those clubs they would be getting it up and down more often and shoot lower than 85, 90, or worse. So why not try a chipper club ?

I personally don't use a chipper. My normal club used for the majority of my chipping shots is my 7 iron. Yet I don't have anything against chippers or people who employ them. If a chipper helps you enjoy your outing, then I say that's great. I notice some people that use some really weird looking putters with lengthy claws and such sticking out the back with long shafts up to your chin with gigantic grips. I don't use one of those but I don't tell others that they shouldn't

I personally don't use a chipper. My normal club used for the majority of my chipping shots is my 7 iron. Yet I don't have anything against chippers or people who employ them. If a chipper helps you enjoy your outing, then I say that's great. I notice some people that use some really weird looking putters with lengthy claws and such sticking out the back with long shafts up to your chin with gigantic grips. I don't use one of those but I don't tell others that they shouldn't

The USGA told people they shouldn't use a putter like that...

But, in all seriousness. There is just a stigma against them. I don't plan on ever using one, but I don't fault anyone for using it if it helps them with their game. To me, I think you could effectively get similar results by just using the irons you already have in the bag much like you are doing now. I can count on one hand the number of times I have seen a chipper in play on a course. Know a guy that will hit a 7 iron whenever possible. He is a magician with it sometimes.

The USGA told people they shouldn't use a putter like that...

But, in all seriousness. There is just a stigma against them. I don't plan on ever using one, but I don't fault anyone for using it if it helps them with their game. To me, I think you could effectively get similar results by just using the irons you already have in the bag much like you are doing now. I can count on one hand the number of times I have seen a chipper in play on a course. Know a guy that will hit a 7 iron whenever possible. He is a magician with it sometimes.

One of my golfing partners bags a chipper but I've only ever seen him use it once on a shot which was a 30 yd shot onto the green.

Back