THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

Working on dinner post event here with an idea in place. Is there a rough idea of those that did not signup or get into the event, that would like to come to the post match celebration and break bread with everybody for a great time?

I hope we still get some Michigan support, but all the guys that said they'd show for support no matter what are on the team.

I'm trying to think of a reason I couldn't come to dinner...

I am planning to as long as life doesn't get in the way

I'm with you. I usually play in them for the sake of fun & hanging with friends.

I was at an outing at a course in Columbia Station 3 years ago. We played out of out behinds and shot -14.
It poured all day & everything was soaking wet.
In the end we finished 5th and the winning score was -20.
I did one last year that was 3 man teams and you played as 6 on a hole. Took forever but scores were legit, doesn't matter in the context of this thread much though.

Back to those sexy project x steel shafts

Working on dinner post event here with an idea in place. Is there a rough idea of those that did not signup or get into the event, that would like to come to the post match celebration and break bread with everybody for a great time?

Unfortunately I probably will not attend. With 2 little kids at home, I have to pick and choose my battles, especially trips, so will use it to hopefully attend a different THP event. Appreciate the offer.

I would potentially like to attend dinner! Anyone staying over til Sunday interested in playing Firestone, we can talk about it in another thread per the big honcho's request.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 1/2 hour lunch just isn't enough to catch up on every thing THP much less this thread!

Lovin all the banter!

Thats awesome. I try to watch them, but they don't show up on my browser for some reason. Its a conspiracy! :alien:

I had more luck with going straight to YouTube. 17 looks exciting.

I've been watching the flyover videos on their website. This is going to make for an awesome challenge. Can't wait to see how the source looks come June.

I have watched them several times. Looks like a good test.
Being the southern most Team Michigan member I offer safe harbor to and from Boulder Creek as you enter & hopefully exit Ohio. I will be playing BC several times before June. Lets get the guys down there early so we can see what we are dealing with first hand!!!

I have watched them several times. Looks like a good test.
Being the southern most Team Michigan member I offer safe harbor to and from Boulder Creek as you enter & hopefully exit Ohio. I will be playing BC several times before June. Lets get the guys down there early so we can see what we are dealing with first hand!!!

Sounds like a plan!

Unfortunately I probably will not attend. With 2 little kids at home, I have to pick and choose my battles, especially trips, so will use it to hopefully attend a different THP event. Appreciate the offer.

I want to expand on my answer a little bit. I certainly plan to still help the team prep before the event, and have even been contemplating who I want to #CallOut from the squad as soon as the weather melts, however with family obligations that limit my ability to take solo trips, I would prefer to save that trip for a THP event where I could personally compete. Maybe others feel differently and would handle it differently. To each his own. However, when asked a question, I will always give an honest answer, maybe not the one that will help me make a team or what I know someone wants to hear.

I will continue to support the event through this thread and other ways possible for me. Best I can do.

I want to expand on my answer a little bit. I certainly plan to still help the team prep before the event, and have even been contemplating who I want to #CallOut from the squad as soon as the weather melts, however with family obligations that limit my ability to take solo trips, I would prefer to save that trip for a THP event where I could personally compete. Maybe others feel differently and would handle it differently. To each his own. However, when asked a question, I will always give an honest answer, maybe not the one that will help me make a team or what I know someone wants to hear.

I will continue to support the event through this thread and other ways possible for me. Best I can do.

You're the man, Lions. Enjoy THP your way and get those boys in tournament shape! We're family first here always!!

Question for the Ohio guys. Would you find a yardage book made for Boulder Creek helpful and something that you would use or is it not worth the effort and you will just be using a laser for everything?

Question for the Ohio guys. Would you find a yardage book made for Boulder Creek helpful and something that you would use or is it not worth the effort and you will just be using a laser for everything?

I think there a couple holes out there worth having some insight on, but for the most part everything plays out in front of you. I'd probably lean towards the laser myself, but that's just me trying not to overthink things, and basing most of my shots on previous rounds at Boulder.

Probably would lean more to using the laser

This guy is awesome!
I know the support you will provide will be valuable.

Thank you buddy.
I look forward to this weather breaking and getting some rounds in!

Probably would lean more to using the laser

You've got the perfect one to use for there. I would/will lean the same way as you. A yardage book is nice but the laser is more accurate.

You've got the perfect one to use for there. I would/will lean the same way as you. A yardage book is nice but the laser is more accurate.

I am completely ignorant on this... Are lasers allowed for this event?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I haven't heard of a THP event that didn't allow them.

Last edited:
You're the man, Lions. Enjoy THP your way and get those boys in tournament shape! We're family first here always!!

Thanks. I just didn't want people to think I answered that way because I was taking my ball and going home/firing the cannon after not being selected. It was the same answer I gave the captain several months ago when I was asked the question, long before any teams were selected, and who knows, maybe it hurt my chances, but it was the honest answer.

Anyway, back to the subject at hand. Leading candidate for my callout as of now is Tpluff. He's a blast to play with, we have similar handicaps, and even though once he gets his new King Ltd Driver with True Temper HZRDUS shaft, he'll be even further past me off the tee, we'll have a very close, fun match I think.

Weather in the 60's here next week. Hopefully spring will be here for good then.

Put me down as being at post event dinner.

Bumping this.

I stopped reading at this point, was there something you asked?

I stopped reading at this point, was there something you asked?

Very Clever... Kids help you with this one... #MichiganOnMichiganGolfCrime.

Even the USGA allows them for the national amateur events as long as there is no slope function on it.

Back