Cobra King LTD Driver - THP Review

You're going to have to hit it for yourself to decide, but I've found great success with it. Easily one of my favourite drivers of all time.

A bold statement, for sure, but my early experience is going in that direction as well.

The driver is easily the easiest driver to launch high. It's quite intriguing.

Has anyone notiiced that standard stock grip seems to be rather thin?
The F6+ seems to be what I usually see/feel, but this LTD not so much.
Or am I just just being a bit crazy.

Hit this driver with the Elements shaft earlier and put up some terrible numbers. Had a chance to demo it several times since with the Rogue Black.

Hit this driver with the Elements shaft earlier and put up some terrible numbers. Had a chance to demo it several times since with the Rogue Black.
Better with the Rogue? What loft were you demo'ing it at with each shaft?

Better with the Rogue? What loft were you demo'ing it at with each shaft?

Both were at 9* and night/day difference. Much, much better results with the Rogue. With the Elements my spin was up at 3000, Rogue dropped to 2000. Guessing the Elements with the LTD head was a pretty bad fit for me. I'd blame my swing but hit 2 other drivers really well against the LTD/Elements.

The G30 LS w/Tour 65 I had been using was on average less than 5 yards longer on well struck shots than the LTD/Rogue. Not sure if the makes sense, but the distance seemed to be easier to get with the LTD. Accuracy with the LTD was slightly better as well as performance on mishits. Feel was much better with the LTD.

Get to take it out tomorrow to play so we'll see how it does on the course.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 0
I had Golf Mart order me one with the ProjectX HZRDUS Black 6.0. I averaged 290 with the one I tested!

Last edited:
I had Golf Mart order me one with the ProjectX HZRDUS Black. I averaged 290 with the one I tested.

101-The-Blind-Side-quotes.gif

102-The-Blind-Side-quotes.gif

Shaft? What put you over the top?

Stock black. Eventually would like to try the hzrdus. The LTD and 30LS were pretty even performance wise, but the LTD felt much better and the distance seemed easier to come by.

On a side note, had a JGR with me that I got to hit a few times. Once I realized it was set up to draw, long and accurate.

I have the LTD Pro with the stock Rogue Black x flex and also the HZRDUS Black stiff. For my swing the Rogue is the better shaft. I will try the HZRDUS in a x flex as soon as I get the chance.

Stock black. Eventually would like to try the hzrdus. The LTD and 30LS were pretty even performance wise, but the LTD felt much better and the distance seemed easier to come by.

On a side note, had a JGR with me that I got to hit a few times. Once I realized it was set up to draw, long and accurate.

I have the LTD Pro with the stock Rogue Black x flex and also the HZRDUS Black stiff. For my swing the Rogue is the better shaft. I will try the HZRDUS in a x flex as soon as I get the chance.

I really liked the black. But everyone seems to rave on the hzrdus.

Ended up having a swipe with a few new shafts today whilst attending a fitting with a friend. Ended up walking out a few £££ lighter with an OBAN, Kiyoshi HB shaft on order. I never had any particular problems with the stock Rogue however I found this shaft so easy to hit and gaining 10-15yds with a noticeable improvement in dispersion.

Now just need some dryer weather and more time on the course......

Ended up having a swipe with a few new shafts today whilst attending a fitting with a friend. Ended up walking out a few £££ lighter with an OBAN, Kiyoshi HB shaft on order. I never had any particular problems with the stock Rogue however I found this shaft so easy to hit and gaining 10-15yds with a noticeable improvement in dispersion.

Now just need some dryer weather and more time on the course......
Wow, that's a huge gain in distance. What were you playing before?

Wow, that's a huge gain in distance. What were you playing before?

I was playing the stock Rogue shaft in stiff. To be honest I've found over the last few years I've sacrificed swing speed for accuracy so should have been a regular anyway. Most of the gain is probably just a more suitable shaft

Had a weak moment and ordered an LTD Pro with the Elements Chrome 7F4 shaft. I tested it last weekend and the "feel" is incredible. I was swinging like garbage and the ball speeds were still beating out my 915. 915 is now very very nervous. Just waiting for winter to go away. Any day now...

Back